dcsimg

What vehicle do use?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@WoodsConstruction i actually had money down the year that the canyon and colorado was re introduced to North America. It was a huge snafu with the dealership and Chevy, so they didn’t end up hitting the delivery date so I ended up with a silverado. I think it was a blessing in disguise, at the time I was annoyed but the silverado has much more space and it works great at hauling all that I need from place to place.

I bought an old comm truck. It’s a chevy express 5.3 awd cargo van, no windows. Im pretty excited setting it up.

Congratulations man. Let’s see some pictures of it, and how you going to set it up.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

@woodsconstruction i actually had money down the year that the canyon and colorado was re introduced to North America. It was a huge snafu with the dealership and Chevy, so they didn’t end up hitting the delivery date so I ended up with a silverado. I think it was a blessing in disguise, at the time I was annoyed but the silverado has much more space and it works great at hauling all that I need from place to place.

The Silverado is a nice truck, alot of guys around here have them and the Sierra. I almost ended up with one myself.

My next one still might be one, since I want a diesel for my next truck and they have the best track record.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thats a good question as to what I do, since you have asked it a few times and i’ve answered it a few times but one more time I guess, I have many friends who are construction challenged, so they don’t have a drill much less a screw driver. So I get called to help out my friends and family except for @58chev who taught me everything.

We know you’re a good DYI guy and that is nice but you seem to be a educated guy that is schooled at something. I was wondering what you did for a living? If I had a job and was a professional at anything I would be proud… When someone ask what I do I often say I’m open,, I haven’t figured it out yet? Or I may say I’m a architectural wood worker just to stump them and then there are times I just say I do carpentry to wood

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

I think I’m going to buy the half ton. It’s the chevy 5.3 all wheel drive cargo van

I would go 3/4 ton at least. If yoUT have half as many tools as I do you’ll bottom out the suspension of the 1/2 ton before you get any material in it.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

@dirtywhiteboy architectural wood worker, I like that one. I like to say wood mechanic myself lol.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think I’m going to buy the half ton. It’s the chevy 5.3 all wheel drive cargo van

I would go 3/4 ton at least. If yoUT have half as many tools as I do you’ll bottom out the suspension of the 1/2 ton before you get any material in it.

I would have to agree, 1/2 ton would not be enough for me.

zoren45
    Pro

Good topic! I have this reliable F150 for my stuff, especially my welding machine and other materials. Sometimes it gets loaded when I work with my brother.
    Off topic for truck guys, which bed cover you got? The old tri-fold on mine started leaking. I’ve been looking at those new tonneau covers available nowadays but can’t decide yet. I sometimes haul tall stuff so I can’t go for a 1-pc hard cover. Maybe a van is another good option.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Maybe a van is another good option.

Vans seem to be an option especially if you use the vehicle only for work. The pick-ups can be used for other things like family hauling but for a dedicated work vehicle to store materials out of the weather nothing beats a van.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Good topic! I have this reliable F150 for my stuff, especially my welding machine and other materials. Sometimes it gets loaded when I work with my brother.
    Off topic for truck guys, which bed cover you got? The old tri-fold on mine started leaking. I’ve been looking at those new tonneau covers available nowadays but can’t decide yet. I sometimes haul tall stuff so I can’t go for a 1-pc hard cover. Maybe a van is another good option.

Ive got an Access tri fold on mine. its one of the ones that you can apparently walk on, but looks like leather.

goes on and off in about 30 seconds with the clamps that lock under the bed rails.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ive got an Access tri fold on mine. its one of the ones that you can apparently walk on, but looks like leather.

That’s sounds like a nice option there. Very sturdy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

zoren45
    Pro

Yeah, I would get a van only if I don’t haul tall stuff.

I heard lots of good comments too about Access tri-fold. Great to hear how tough they are.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Going to write my G1 next month in August. Super stoked to start driving! Now to decide on what used starter truck to get….

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Going to write my G1 next month in August. Super stoked to start driving! Now to decide on what used starter truck to get….

What no more rolling the toolbox through the subway and on the buses?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good stuff Chris, what type of truck would you be interested in. Pick up or van

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That will make life a lot easier for you. Any thoughts yet on what kind of loads you will be carrying?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Clev08
    Pro

but used trucks seem to be holding there value really well these days

Used trucks always hold their value. With the prices of new trucks continuing to climb the used truck market continues to be strong and the trend does seem to be reversing.

Well I just got a 2008 F-150 for really cheap in Minnesota. It is RWD so I saved around $4,000 on it. I know some people only get 4WD but for me it will be great, I can throw sand bags in the back if I need too. It has an extended cab so most of my tools will go on the back seats. It also has an 8 ft bed with a topper that I will have to remove to get my motorcycle in but, it will stay on most of the time to keep materials and my big tools dry.

Attachments:
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

but used trucks seem to be holding there value really well these days

Used trucks always hold their value. With the prices of new trucks continuing to climb the used truck market continues to be strong and the trend does seem to be reversing.

Well I just got a 2008 F-150 for really cheap in Minnesota. It is RWD so I saved around $4,000 on it. I know some people only get 4WD but for me it will be great, I can throw sand bags in the back if I need too. It has an extended cab so most of my tools will go on the back seats. It also has an 8 ft bed with a topper that I will have to remove to get my motorcycle in but, it will stay on most of the time to keep materials and my big tools dry.

sweet, i made sure my truck had 4wd just for winters and even though i didn’t use the 4wd as often as i would like. the time i did use it, made it worth it. I wished i had gone full crew cab though, the back seat with extended wasn’t as big as i thought it would be.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

2004 387 peterbilt over 1 million on now still my money maker

Attachments:
    Clev08
    Pro

2004 387 peterbilt over 1 million on now still my money maker

And thought filling my truck with gas was expensive… But you can haul a lot more than I can. My uncle drives a semi and I think his has over 700,000 miles on it.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.343 seconds