dcsimg

What vehicle do use?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    monman1
    Pro

I use a Chevy 2500HD van with a 4.8 v8, but its in the shop for a new transmission.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I use a Chevy 2500HD van with a 4.8 v8, but its in the shop for a new transmission.

Ouch not an inexpensive repair for sure. Hope it all works out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

can fit everything in the back or take everything

What kind of tools do you load up for the work you do? How do you keep all your tools from getting wet? What is it you do?

I load up my ts55 track saw, my lboxxes containing all my tools there are too many to name. it depends on what I need to do. I am not loading up my 12inch glide mitre saw with t4b to go install bike racks. Contrary to what you may believe, it doesn’t rain everyday in Canada and I have a tonneau cover for days that it does decide to rain. Thats a good question as to what I do, since you have asked it a few times and i’ve answered it a few times but one more time I guess, I have many friends who are construction challenged, so they don’t have a drill much less a screw driver. So I get called to help out my friends and family except for @58chev who taught me everything. I can demo stuff, rewire lights, build beds, build anything out of wood, laminate flooring, attempt to paint, drill holes to install shelving , put up paintings, so jack of all trades if you may. Once I get my 3d printer up ,that @kswiss pointed in my direction, i’d be able to fix all the switches and buttons that break every so often and definitely replace knobs so that people don’t have to use the stove knob as their car heater knob.

oh and don’t forget dump runs, i love to take stuff to the dump.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Mine is not a HD and had a 5.0 in it.

Attachments:
    Clev08
    Pro

I personally drive a 1999 Ford Taurus to work, but I only need to bring a few tools to work as my boss brings all the big tools to the jobsite in his trailer. I would love to get a truck soon but used trucks seem to be holding there value really well these days and I don’t need one at this point. Eventually I’ll probably get an F-250 that can pull a camper and hold my motorcycle in the bed.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I personally drive a 1999 Ford Taurus to work, but I only need to bring a few tools to work as my boss brings all the big tools to the jobsite in his trailer. I would love to get a truck soon but used trucks seem to be holding there value really well these days and I don’t need one at this point. Eventually I’ll probably get an F-250 that can pull a camper and hold my motorcycle in the bed.

Your right with the 3/4 ton idea. I should have gone for a 3/4 ton when I bought my truck last year. Between work and my camper it would have paid for itself in savings already.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@dirtywhiteboy you can get a tongue cover for any truck and your tools won’t get wet for sure.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but used trucks seem to be holding there value really well these days

Used trucks always hold their value. With the prices of new trucks continuing to climb the used truck market continues to be strong and the trend does seem to be reversing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Used trucks always hold their value. With the prices of new trucks continuing to climb the used truck market continues to be strong and the trend does seem to be reversing.

I have to say, I would be more interested in a truck if I could still get a compact body that could tow. Something the size of an 80s or early 90s F150, or even a Ranger.

If only the Hilux was still around

I have to say, I would be more interested in a truck if I could still get a compact body that could tow. Something the size of an 80s or early 90s F150, or even a Ranger.

I have to say, I have been eyeing the new crew cab V6 Canyon. It’s got a pretty good towing capacity. It’s been having some pretty good reviews also.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@dirtywhiteboy you can get a tongue cover for any truck and your tools won’t get wet for sure.

ahh i see you have the hard cover, its better than the soft tonneau cover for security reasons but when I need to carry oversized items. I prefer the soft one that you can roll up.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

ahh i see you have the hard cover, its better than the soft tonneau cover for security reasons but when I need to carry oversized items. I prefer the soft one that you can roll up.

I had a hard cover on one of my trucks several years ago and it was a PITA to remove. Almost more than one person could handle. I was always tempted to set up a pulley system in my garage to lift it off of the truck.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I could never work out of a pickup, just not enough space to carry all the tools I carry.

monman1
    Pro

Mine is not a HD and had a 5.0 in it.

Its almost the same, just mine has one ton brakes and leaf springs and some other things.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Used trucks hold their value even more so up here in Canada because of the US dollar.

I was looking the other day and could trade my truck in for $3000 less then what I bought it for a year ago!

Best of both worlds is the trigger fold one I got for my truck. It looks like a soft cover, has a hard shell underneath so you can’t just cut into it, and is only held on by 4 quick release clamps it you want to take it off completely.

I have to say, I have been eyeing the new crew cab V6 Canyon. It’s got a pretty good towing capacity. It’s been having some pretty good reviews also.

Canyon amd Colorado have pretty great towing for their size.

I bought an old comm truck. It’s a chevy express 5.3 awd cargo van, no windows. Im pretty excited setting it up.

Pro since 1990

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open

Frank Zappa

It’s a 2007 chevy express 1500 awd.

Pro since 1990

Frank Zappa

Yeah, it sucks to have to always worry about your tools, weather. My business is doing well because I have equipment that can just keep taking care of the problem. Replacing my vehicle was huge in this redefinition

Pro since 1990

Frank Zappa

Another part of this is bringing back professionalism, the artist and the craft. In my niche, im the only one who does this. My job is wiping ass.

Pro since 1990

Frank Zappa

So it has 82000 miles which is low for me, the ladder racks have to go,sigh, when does it stop

Pro since 1990

Frank Zappa

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.340 seconds