dcsimg

What type of Blade do you carry

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’m still making good use of my Spyderco Paramilitary 2. After a few months, I’ve touched the blade if s couple of times and its still razor sharp. A good knife is something that doesn’t come cheap and is well worth the cost, IMHO.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Absolutely my favorite daily carry…so good I bought a 2nd as a back up!

I know me but I always pop the blade out with my finger touching the tab release . Plus the blade has to much movement for my liking .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve been using a Tajima latly.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’ve been using a Tajima latly.

Is that one of those snap razor knife’s?

I’m still making good use of my Spyderco Paramilitary 2. After a few months, I’ve touched the blade if s couple of times and its still razor sharp. A good knife is something that doesn’t come cheap and is well worth the cost, IMHO.

Good steal makes for a nice blade. Mine holds an edge for a long time.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Here new folding utility knife I carry around the house. I find it much lighter then my old one.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I have been using this one from Gerber. Uses standard utility knife blades. Sucks it isn’t a quick change but it is ultra compact and I always have a penny or dime in my pocket to use to unscrew the screw for blade change.

https://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/outdoor-recreation/hunting-equipment/multitools-knives/gerber-reg-exchange-a-blade-lite-utility-knife/p-1444430492111-c-13899.htm?tid=8783363541229661183&ipos=39

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Is that one of those snap razor knife’s?

Yes that’s the one, I love the long blade.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I usually have an olfa knife with me

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

in the shop i use olfa knives as well, i tend to stash them around the shop like i do my measuring tapes, i end up putting one down and searching for one.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I didn’t know what olfa knife was. I had to look it up. It turns I use one every day at work. Never paid any attention too it. LOL!!!The only knife are aloud to use at work.

Greg

Olfa blades are the best for when I install custom graphic murals and need to cut the seams!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I love the snap off blades, great for cutting out splinters.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I have a few scattered around like @r-ice. Olfa knives are something I always like to have handy.

The swiss army knife on my key chain I have carried for years; a simple one; blade, nail file, scissors, toothpick and tweezers.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I have a few scattered around like @r-ice. Olfa knives are something I always like to have handy.

The swiss army knife on my key chain I have carried for years; a simple one; blade, nail file, scissors, toothpick and tweezers.

I have those olfa knives in a few places, tool belt, tool box,
    To bad someone had to go and cut himself a few times, , now they band them from the shop, they replaced them with the new auto retract ones, oh well,

I always have a leatherman with me. Whether I am sitting in the office or out and about. Got to dress nice for a meeting or whatever, still have a leatherman on me.

It’s funny, I hand out my leatherman for others to use as much as I use it.

I do have an “office” leatherman and “home” version. Work one I keep nice and clean, for obvious reasons…

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

in the shop i use olfa knives as well, i tend to stash them around the shop like i do my measuring tapes, i end up putting one down and searching for one.

OLFA is my go to also. Ya, Aaron you need a few in the toolbag

A Working Pro since 2004

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I carry a handmade pocket knife made + or – around 50’s
    My grandpa gave it to me when I was 10 years old.
    Getting old fast lol

Got a picture of it? That’s so awesome to have something from your childhood with a story to it. I still have the first pocket knife my dad got me. It’s stashed away, and it would hardly cut anything anymore, but I love getting it out every once in a while just to remember what it felt like to be entrusted with a tool like that. One of those moments, for sure.

I’m posting 2 pictures here for you guys @cmeyer25 and @mandman_us

That is really neat. That knife looks like it’s had a good long life, but still has more to give.

The handle is made of horn and brass If I’m not mistaken.
    I do remember my grandpa telling me when he got it, it was shining bright!
    Indeed I spent a good time with my grandpa before he passed away back 2001, I took a moment to remember my grandpa and his stories…after that I decided to put it in a safe place, then I can grab and show my kids(in future) and tell me the stories my grandpa used to tell me. So, I’m not using it anymore…going to use a normal box cutter.

I carry a handmade pocket knife made + or – around 50’s
    My grandpa gave it to me when I was 10 years old.
    Getting old fast lol

Got a picture of it? That’s so awesome to have something from your childhood with a story to it. I still have the first pocket knife my dad got me. It’s stashed away, and it would hardly cut anything anymore, but I love getting it out every once in a while just to remember what it felt like to be entrusted with a tool like that. One of those moments, for sure.

I’m posting 2 pictures here for you guys @cmeyer25 and @mandman_us

Really good to have that knife to go along with the stories. It would make them even more real.

I too have my grandfather’s jack knife. He too has passed away many years ago. I do remember many stories he told me. I only remember one story he told me about him using his jack knife. He was a farmer and they were putting hay in the hay mow of the barn. There was a small elm sapling at the edge of the bridge of the barn. My grandpa took out his knife trimmed up the sapling. There was a man there helping him. He told my grandpa that tree will make you some nice shade one day during haying season. I think my grandpa told this story every year during haying season. Yes the Elm tree still stands at the edge of the bridge of the barn.</blockquote

I found a picture today of tree my Grandfather trimmed up with his jackknife. I took this in 2006.

Greg

Attachments:
    MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I have carried a Gerber 3-blade interchangeable locking knife for many years. Thought I lost it a few years back (well more like about 14 years ago) and started scouring ebay looking for a replacement.

I ended up with 4 pouches, 5 knife bodies and a variety of blades.

So for work use I have one pouch with 2 straight blades and a saw blade (really a bone knife – but works on wood in a pinch).

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I’ve used my Fastback for a while now, but am realizing that it’s got some limitations, especially for cutting shingles. Any suggestions of something similar to the Fastback that has a better hold on the blades? I love the swinging action for opening and closing the knife, so if I could keep that I would love it.

Charlie

Instagram

Ive been pretty happy with the milwaukee fastback. I have a few of them, and rarely am without one in my pocket.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.350 seconds