dcsimg

What type of Blade do you carry

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

This discussion made me all nostalgic so I went to look for that pocket knife – the first one I ever owned that my dad bought me. I can’t believe I still have it (and that I could find it!) It’s not anything special as far as a knife is concerned, but man did I feel special when I got it!

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I don’t carry knife every day. I do have small pocket knife I like to carry. I have seem to have misplaced it. I also like to carry my Gerber Multi tool on weekends.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Don’t really carry any knife around, except for my little pocket knife that’s attached to my keys
    But around the shop in the plant, I sometimes wear this th that my wife gave me, she used to work at CAT, have some pretty cool things from them.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I carry a handmade pocket knife made + or – around 50’s
    My grandpa gave it to me when I was 10 years old.
    Getting old fast lol

@bbernardesjr87

I would love to see a picture of that knife as well.
    Those gifts are the best. I really hope you will never loose the knife while working out in the field.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I carry a Spyderco Paramilitary 2 with a S30V steel blade. Its sharp enough to shave with and built like a rock.

The S30V steel is a dream to sharpen. And holds an edge well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Getting old fast lol

Got a picture of it? That’s so awesome to have something from your childhood with a story to it. I still have the first pocket knife my dad got me. It’s stashed away, and it would hardly cut anything anymore, but I love getting it out every once in a while just to remember what it felt like to be entrusted with a tool like that. One of those moments, for sure.

I’m posting 2 pictures here for you guys @cmeyer25 and @mandman_us

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Getting old fast lol

Got a picture of it? That’s so awesome to have something from your childhood with a story to it. I still have the first pocket knife my dad got me. It’s stashed away, and it would hardly cut anything anymore, but I love getting it out every once in a while just to remember what it felt like to be entrusted with a tool like that. One of those moments, for sure.

That is really neat. That knife looks like it’s had a good long life, but still has more to give.

Charlie

Instagram

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Getting old fast lol

That is really neat. That knife looks like it’s had a good long life, but still has more to give.

The handle is made of horn and brass If I’m not mistaken.
    I do remember my grandpa telling me when he got it, it was shining bright!
    Indeed I spent a good time with my grandpa before he passed away back 2001, I took a moment to remember my grandpa and his stories…after that I decided to put it in a safe place, then I can grab and show my kids(in future) and tell me the stories my grandpa used to tell me. So, I’m not using it anymore…going to use a normal box cutter.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Getting old fast lol

Really good to have that knife to go along with the stories. It would make them even more real.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Getting old fast lol

Indeed I spent a good time with my grandpa before he passed away back 2001, I took a moment to remember my grandpa and his stories…after that I decided to put it in a safe place, then I can grab and show my kids(in future) and tell me the stories my grandpa used to tell me. So, I’m not using it anymore…going to use a normal box cutter.

Getting old fast lol

Really good to have that knife to go along with the stories. It would make them even more real.

I too have my grandfather’s jack knife. He too has passed away many years ago. I do remember many stories he told me. I only remember one story he told me about him using his jack knife. He was a farmer and they were putting hay in the hay mow of the barn. There was a small elm sapling at the edge of the bridge of the barn. My grandpa took out his knife trimmed up the sapling. There was a man there helping him. He told my grandpa that tree will make you some nice shade one day during haying season. I think my grandpa told this story every year during haying season. Yes the Elm tree still stands at the edge of the bridge of the barn.

Greg

Hangman
    Pro

Absolutely my favorite daily carry…so good I bought a 2nd as a back up!

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Attachments:
    bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

smallerstick

@smallerstick
    yeah Peter, for sure it makes those stories more real…its a true proof!

@GTokley
    Greg what a nice story, thanks for sharing. I like grandpa’s stories…back to old inspirational tough times.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Absolutely my favorite daily carry…so good I bought a 2nd as a back up!

They’re the best.

Getting old fast lol

Getting old fast lol

I too have my grandfather’s jack knife. He too has passed away many years ago. I do remember many stories he told me. I only remember one story he told me about him using his jack knife. He was a farmer and they were putting hay in the hay mow of the barn. There was a small elm sapling at the edge of the bridge of the barn. My grandpa took out his knife trimmed up the sapling. There was a man there helping him. He told my grandpa that tree will make you some nice shade one day during haying season. I think my grandpa told this story every year during haying season. Yes the Elm tree still stands at the edge of the bridge of the barn.

That’s awesome. Those stories are the ones that become part of who the tellers are and who we remember them to be. Thanks for sharing!

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Picked up this Leatherman at a garage sale this weekend. A bit scuffed up, but for two bucks, I thought I’d give ita whirl.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@gtokley Greg what a nice story, thanks for sharing. I like grandpa’s stories…back to old inspirational tough times.

Glad you liked the story. I don’t mind sharing my stories.

Greg

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

grrr,, i lost my kershaw knife a few weeks ago, and it hasnt turned up… i might go to a couple stores today to look around and get a new knife.. kershaws are really scarce in stores here so i might end up with a SOG or something else

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

I have 3 leatherman multi tools love all of them ,ive looked at the Gerbers are they a good tool

Still carrying my Milwaukee cameo fastback kife been about two years now . Only problem is if my pants are then it pops out if I’m working on the ground .

Always willing to learn .

Attachments:

When the bags are off, it’s a Kizer Vigor for me. That little knife works.

The last few years I have been fighting with razor knives with the push button replacement.
    I cut a lot of old caulk lines and old sheet rock remodeling.

The push buttons always wear out and the blade will, unexpectedly, pull out of the knife. HATE that.

I finally found a Lenox knife that I can live with in the bags. It’s pretty big around, but that helps with the arthritis.

I'm the only person I ever hit in the head with a hammer.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I use to carry a gerber, then switched to a bench made then switched to a multi tool and in the shop I usually have one of these japanese style marking knives on me and @montreal_woodworks still haven’t had time to work on yours.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.371 seconds