dcsimg

What to do in when We GO To Hawaii?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I often get asked what are the things to do when we got to Hawaii?
    So to avoid answering many of the same PMs I’ll just address it here.
    The first Saturday that you have here go to the Hilton Hawaiian village from 4-6pm and see Henry Kapono and get lightly toasted at the tropics bar. As you look out at the ocean over the waikiki beach and see the big catamarans sailing around at sunset know that is a lot of funn to! Right out side the Hilton pool area will be the ticket stand for that. Good funn, Pupus and drinks, can’t go wrong.
    The Hilton Hawaiian village is a walk from anywhere in Waikiki.
    I will keep adding to this list as it will be a on going thread.
    Stop by here to get a taste of Henry kapono, he is huge here.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bullying-the-jukebox/page/30/#post-80591

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Short of taking a surf board is their a place to rent a long board?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes all over the place, I’ll get into that tomorrow after 8Pm.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

We went to Maui a few years back and had a blast. The luau was pretty cool, but man there’s nothing like the sunsets there.

Resident Sign Guy

I have heard there are some pretty awesome places to get some shaved ice… If you could speak to that at all, that would be great 🙂

John S

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Oh man…I forgot about that. The place we got it from puts vanilla ice cream in the bottom. Man that was some good stuff!

Resident Sign Guy

redwood
    Pro

I’ve been to all the 4 main islands and liked Kaua’i the most, but that was sometime back. O’ahu is too commercialized.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I’m literally G-chatting with my wife as we speak, about going back there.

Resident Sign Guy

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I’ve never been there but I do have some distant relatives (by marriage) who live on Hawaii or Maui I don’t remember which.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve been to all the 4 main islands and liked Kaua’i the most, but that was sometime back. O’ahu is too commercialized.

You’re right about the over growth here RedWood! Kaua’i Is a place that’s been bleesed,. The beauty there is over whelming.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

CaliDecks you can rent surf boards on the beach in Waikiki or all up and down the Waikiki strip. It’s good to talk to some local Haoles about where to surf because there are alot of very Territorial old men out at pops and chinas. I think it’s better to drive a board just down the road to the Diamond Head break. If you have a car and want to go up to the north shore boards can be rented in Haleiwa and then Haleiwa beach park is right there and is good as long as it’s not too big. When big there is a lot of water moving around and a very strong current.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Hey Dirty- What do you think of the best breakfast in Oahu? I made it to Eggs N Things and Boots and Kimo’s, we liked them both – Eggs n Things a little better.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Time Coffee Shop in Kailua and in Temple Valley. Best fried rice on the island. One order feeds 2 people and they will split it for you.
    Those spots you listed are mostly tourist places and not many Locals go there. Maybe Boots and Kimos in Kialua?

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Time Coffee Shop in Kailua and in Temple Valley. Best fried rice on the island. One order feeds 2 people and they will split it for you.
    Those spots you listed are mostly tourist places and not many Locals go there. Maybe Boots and Kimos in Kialua?

Nice, I would like to hit up some spots that are a bit less touristy on the next trip. I think it was in Kialua last time, I remember we had to drive a bit that day.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I’m too damned old for anything too big. There territorial here as well. I don’t think I would go surfing if I went there anyway.

You’re right about the over growth here RedWood! Kaua’i Is a place that’s been bleesed,. The beauty there is over whelming.

One of my favorite places…I like it there and the Big Island, of course. Spectacular scenery and varying landscapes. I had to cancel my trip last year to go…maybe this year if I can fit in a trip.

Orange County, CA

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Cheeseburger in Paradise…..for breakfast…. Yum.

Resident Sign Guy

I’m too damned old for anything too big. There territorial here as well. I don’t think I would go surfing if I went there anyway.

I have a buddy from Ventura, CA and he was talking about surfing “gangs” and how territorial they were… I had absolutely no idea… Seems like it is a big deal to steal somebody else’s wave… but that just sounds ridiculous to me haha…

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

The first thing I’d do is get my haircut, I’ve heard they have really good barbers and then go from there 🙂

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Kaua’i and the Big Island are my favorites, I have only been to Oahu once, that was enough. I relly enjoyed seeing Peral Harbor and the Arizona Memorial but I could pass on Waikiki Beach. It was so comercialized, you jus as well go to Miami, a lot shorter flight and much cheaper.

Kaua’i and the Big Island are gems in my book. Maui is OK but nou my cup of tea.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 168 total)
  • The topic ‘What to do in when We GO To Hawaii?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.259 seconds