dcsimg

What is your go to Construction adhesive?

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Another vote for the PL products. Not a big fan of the Liquid Nail adhesives.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

PL Premium here

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

has anyone tried the DAP Smartbond? I got a can at a trade show but have not tried it yet. They claim 1 can is equal to about 8 to 10 tubes of the 30 oz tubes of subfloor adhesive. It is supposed to be good for wet, frozen or treated lumber, and dispenses 25% faster than the tubes. it is around 20 bucks a can and has a shelf life of a month or more.

Attachments:
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

has anyone tried the DAP Smartbond? I got a can at a trade show but have not tried it yet. They claim 1 can is equal to about 8 to 10 tubes of the 30 oz tubes of subfloor adhesive. It is supposed to be good for wet, frozen or treated lumber, and dispenses 25% faster than the tubes. it is around 20 bucks a can and has a shelf life of a month or more.

Not yet, but I’m looking closely at it and the Great Stuff brand.

Is a subfloor adhesive good for other uses…non subfloor?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

redwood
    Pro

Wow, PL seems to have a big hold on market share, I used to use it a lot as well.

I don’t consider Tightbond a construction adhesive, though it technically might be. I consider it a glue. Is there a difference? I definately wouldn’t use PL for plugs on a deck and I wouldn’t use TB on a subfloor.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Found this article on ProConstructionguide on revolutionary construction adhesives that deliver 8x the coverage – faster!
    http://www.proconstructionguide.com/revolutionary-construction-adhesives/

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Found this article on ProConstructionguide on revolutionary construction adhesives that deliver 8x the coverage – faster!
    http://www.proconstructionguide.com/revolutionary-construction-adhesives/

This is the same product I noted above. good to see more information on it

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I use it and have a lot. They sell the subfloor stuff in both a can for a gun and a can with a dispenser. The rest is all in the can with the dispenser.

It goes a long way and a lot faster than using a caulk gun. I bought a bunch when my local lumberyard started clearing it out at $8 a can. They never even put up a good stand or explained what it was so it didn’t move at all. I only knew what it was because I saw it on This Old House.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

@ethanb We use an air gun to dispense the subfloor adhesive, do you thing it would be even faster than that. I do think I would see a small savings in the cost of the Glue and 2 or 2 cans to pick up when the floor is finished instead of 20 or 30. also I think you would save time not switching tubes so often.

Not that brand but tried the GreatStuff subfloor adhesive. The can screws onto our foam gun. What we found was it was to light and fluffy. A little bit of wind would blow it off the joists, especially if they were a little wet or icy.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I doubt it would be much faster than an airgun as there’s a limit to how fast you can move and still be accurate enough to keep the glue on the joist. Changing tubes would definitely save a bit of time and only having a couple cans instead of a case would obviously make for less setup and cleanup.

Brackers
    Pro
    Waterloo, Ontario

PL is my go to.
    Also if you don’t want something to move while its setting I also use hot glue and PL. Works a treat.

Bob…

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

PL is my go to.
    Also if you don’t want something to move while its setting I also use hot glue and PL. Works a treat.

Bob…

That sounds like a good idea to remember.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.365 seconds