dcsimg

What is your compressor recommendation.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I use the Clamptite tool on mine. Works great!!

That looks nice and tight there. No leaks.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

That looks nice and tight there. No leaks.

It does. Never heard of this ClampTite tool though.

http://www.clamptitetools.net

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You just cut the hose and press fit a new one on.

Every once in a while, I will go on a mission to get all of our hoses hiss free. The female connectors are about $5 each, so I don’t assume that those are bad. I put a brand new male fitting on a gun and then check each hose to that. The males can also get worn and cause a leak, but it is rare.
    With most of our work being outdoors, the leaks are less noticeable until they get really bad. I like to mark the hose and take it home to repair, as it is easier to do properly than in the field. I cut the end off clean, run it under hot water for a minute to soften the hose, and then add a few drops of dish soap to the new end and press it on good.

I do the same thing.

If a block drops on my hose or something I just fix it in the field with the clamptite tool, it’s fast and easy. I keep it and some SS wire in my tool box with me. It doesn’t leak and it’s good to go.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

that looks pretty slick, I remember you talking about it on here a long time ago. I have seen the tools in catalogs.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have a clamptite tool that I carry in the saddlebags of my motorcycle for emergency repairs…Looks like I will be getting one for the work truck now too!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

that looks pretty slick, I remember you talking about it on here a long time ago. I have seen the tools in catalogs.

I remember now too and at the time I thought “I need to get one of those” but forgot.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

That ClampTite stuff is not cheap. Especially if you look on Amazon here in Canada to buy it. I’m gonna pass on this for now. I just don’t see using it that often either.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

With the stainless steel wire it’s a no rust repair that doesn’t get caught on anything as you pull the hose. It does not leak. I lower my gun by the hose all the time with the wire clamp on the end and it’s safe.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It does not leak. I lower my gun by the hose all the time with the wire clamp on the end and it’s safe.

That’s a good test right there. If it doesn’t leak after that it must be a good repair.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I can’t believe it! LV carries some basic ClampTite stuff.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/page.aspx?cat=2,54322&p=59452

Much more reasonably priced than Amazon.ca or direct from ClampTite themselves importing it into Canada.

At that price, I’m gonna get it. Bonus, LV has free shipping on right now til the 21st.

Thanks once again for bringing a unique tool to our attention @dirtywhiteboy. I know I could use this on occasion, and at this price now, I don’t mind getting it. 👍

Now for those of you who have a CNC and machinist type skills, there’s taking this route instead….

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Skip that LV wire,,, what a rip off lol.. I get SS wire from the hardware store foe a lot less.

Dirty

At present, I am using the 21-gallon model air compressor of the Central Pneumatic Brands. But the Dewalt 6 gallon air compressor is my first air machine and it sold after use about two years ago. My first compressor was the small but present model is big. Its motor produces 125 psi max of pressure.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

At present, I am using the 21-gallon model air compressor of the Central Pneumatic Brands.

Wow that’s a big compressor. You must be doing shop work. I like a portable unit to move around in my van from site to site.

Dirty

Attachments:
    Doobie

Skip that LV wire,,, what a rip off lol.. I get SS wire from the hardware store foe a lot less.

Good tip. I actually just ordered it for delivery last nite. LV has a free delivery promo on right now. Thanks again Dirty!

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING

I just received this notification from a Canadian Retailer that sells high end tools that they are importing a whole bunch of Cadex Systainer compressors made in Italy and are now taking pre-orders.

https://www.ultimatetools.ca/products/cadex-t-loc-systainer-air-compressors?_ke=a2V2aW5Aa2R0YXhwcm8uY29t

I thought the Rolair in a Systainer “AirStak” soon to be released at $475 US was pricey, but the two Cadex models are priced at $719 and $899 CAD respectively. Holy crap!

While I’d love to spoil myself with a Systainered type compressor, with taxes it would run me close to the $1,000 mark for just a single protable and stackable Cadex. Suddenly whatever pricing I suspect the Rolair AirStak model will be priced at here in Canada may not be so bad after all.

ToolGuyD did a review of the Cadex models in DEC2016 and the US pricing was nowhere near as high as to what the Canadian pricing equivalates to from the aforementioned supplier I received an email on it earlier today. Somehow I have a feeling that the Cadex models are not carried by anybody else here in Canada and is why the pricing is so high.

http://toolguyd.com/cadex-air-compressor-in-a-systainer-tool-box/

Maybe when some Canadian retailers start carrying the Rolair AirStak, it won’t be so high in comparison to the Cadex models. At the suggested MSRP of $475 USD, I’m hoping that the AirStak gets priced no higher than $600 CAD. I’d still have to think about this regardless even at that price. But when you figure the equivalent compressor from Rolair would be around $350 here in Canada and a Systainer another $100, it’s not too bad I guess if it comes in at $600 or a little bit less.

I’d really like the convenience of one of these Systainered babies as I do hate lugging a compressor around at times. Putting one on my SysCart along with other Systainers needed for a job would be sweet. I still don’t know how easy they are to drain at the end of the day.

EDIT: Schneider in Germany makes a Systainered compressor as well, but you can’t even get it in the UK never mind in NA.

https://www.schneider-airsystems.com/Products/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?pid=A911000&name=SysMaster-SYM-150-8-6-WXOF

The Cadex compressors are just now available in NA. I went and found a retailer that had them at a better price than the aforementioned previous Canadian retailer at $749 vs $899 CAD for the 1.5 HP Systainer 4 model that pumps out 3.8 CFM @ 90 PSI which is way higher rated than the Rolair AirStak which is coming out any time now ALSO.

I think I’m gonna like this unit even if it does cost a bit of coin and a leap of faith as there isn’t a lot out there on this compressor line yet other than a thread on the FOG about it and an old preview based on a prototype model that ToolGuyD talked about a long time ago.

Here’s another mini review on the smaller Sys 3 sized unit by Tools of the Trade.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/fastening-tools/compressors/an-uber-portable-air-compressor_o

I’ve always wanted a decent compressor in a portable stackable system. I’m already into Systainers and Festool CTs, so this should fit well into my system and set ups. I just hope this manufacturer has made something good here. Made in Italy, and it makes sense that they come out with something like this as they seem to offer a lot of different pneumatic nailers already. Fingers crossed I didn’t just blow a bunch of dough on a POS. I really had no interest in making such a containerized air compressor myself like I’ve seen others attempt and do often with mixed results.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I saw that compressor over om ToolGuyd as well and thought it was a neat system. Hope it works for you and please let us know your thoughts when it comes.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

I saw that compressor over om ToolGuyd as well and thought it was a neat system. Hope it works for you and please let us know your thoughts when it comes.

I will. Not expecting it for maybe a couple of weeks. After I get it, I will certainly give it a quicky try but a more meaningful trial won’t be for some time.

Doobie

OLD THREAD WARNING

I just received this notification from a Canadian Retailer that sells high end tools that they are importing a whole bunch of Cadex Systainer compressors made in Italy and are now taking pre-orders.

https://www.ultimatetools.ca/products/cadex-t-loc-systainer-air-compressors?_ke=a2V2aW5Aa2R0YXhwcm8uY29t

I thought the Rolair in a Systainer “AirStak” soon to be released at $475 US was pricey, but the two Cadex models are priced at $719 and $899 CAD respectively. Holy crap!

While I’d love to spoil myself with a Systainered type compressor, with taxes it would run me close to the $1,000 mark for just a single protable and stackable Cadex. Suddenly whatever pricing I suspect the Rolair AirStak model will be priced at here in Canada may not be so bad after all.

ToolGuyD did a review of the Cadex models in DEC2016 and the US pricing was nowhere near as high as to what the Canadian pricing equivalates to from the aforementioned supplier I received an email on it earlier today. Somehow I have a feeling that the Cadex models are not carried by anybody else here in Canada and is why the pricing is so high.

Maybe when some Canadian retailers start carrying the Rolair AirStak, it won’t be so high in comparison to the Cadex models. At the suggested MSRP of $475 USD, I’m hoping that the AirStak gets priced no higher than $600 CAD. I’d still have to think about this regardless even at that price. But when you figure the equivalent compressor from Rolair would be around $350 here in Canada and a Systainer another $100, it’s not too bad I guess if it comes in at $600 or a little bit less.

I’d really like the convenience of one of these Systainered babies as I do hate lugging a compressor around at times. Putting one on my SysCart along with other Systainers needed for a job would be sweet. I still don’t know how easy they are to drain at the end of the day.

EDIT: Schneider in Germany makes a Systainered compressor as well, but you can’t even get it in the UK never mind in NA.

https://www.schneider-airsystems.com/Products/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?pid=A911000&name=SysMaster-SYM-150-8-6-WXOF

The Cadex compressors are just now available in NA. I went and found a retailer that had them at a better price than the aforementioned previous Canadian retailer at $749 vs $899 CAD for the 1.5 HP Systainer 4 model that pumps out 3.8 CFM @ 90 PSI which is way higher rated than the Rolair AirStak which is coming out any time now ALSO.

I think I’m gonna like this unit even if it does cost a bit of coin and a leap of faith as there isn’t a lot out there on this compressor line yet other than a thread on the FOG about it and an old preview based on a prototype model that ToolGuyD talked about a long time ago.

Here’s another mini review on the smaller Sys 3 sized unit by Tools of the Trade.

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/fastening-tools/compressors/an-uber-portable-air-compressor_o

I’ve always wanted a decent compressor in a portable stackable system. I’m already into Systainers and Festool CTs, so this should fit well into my system and set ups. I just hope this manufacturer has made something good here. Made in Italy, and it makes sense that they come out with something like this as they seem to offer a lot of different pneumatic nailers already. Fingers crossed I didn’t just blow a bunch of dough on a POS. I really had no interest in making such a containerized air compressor myself like I’ve seen others attempt and do often with mixed results.

I will. Not expecting it for maybe a couple of weeks. After I get it, I will certainly give it a quicky try but a more meaningful trial won’t be for some time.

I received the Cadex compressor this week. So far I like it.

CB
    Pro

This is the first time I’ve read this thread, and the original post equates to my experience with air compressors over the years. The brands may have been different, the issues may not have been the same, but the sheer number of compressors in inventory, past and present, working and not working, is a very familiar hell. Thank you to the OP for taking the time to be so specific about each compressor you’ve had, and the problems you’ve had with it.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

CB
    Pro

We have been using this one at work and it does ok till I start to nail off sheer. It runs hard then.

That is the same one I just bought.

Ha! That is the exact same one I just bought as well.

Must be some kind of subconscious BTP vibe that is infectious?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.505 seconds