dcsimg

What is your compressor recommendation.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

dirtywhiteboy,

Duty cycle is the percentage of an hour that the pump is rated to actually be compressing air. It basically correlates to the build quality and the compressors ability to dissipate heat. The higher the number, the more actually run time it can handle.

Thanks for the explanation, the things I learn..

One of the problems with the whole duty cycle thing is that you need to have read the owners manual to know what the unit is rated at. They should have this info stickered on the units imo.

I really don’t think my Rolair mentioned the duty cycle anywhere…I had to look it up on their website!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

dirtywhiteboy,

Duty cycle is the percentage of an hour that the pump is rated to actually be compressing air. It basically correlates to the build quality and the compressors ability to dissipate heat. The higher the number, the more actually run time it can handle.

Thanks for the explanation, the things I learn..

One of the problems with the whole duty cycle thing is that you need to have read the owners manual to know what the unit is rated at. They should have this info stickered on the units imo.

I really don’t think my Rolair mentioned the duty cycle anywhere…I had to look it up on their website!

I can’t even find my owner’s manual. lol!

I just received this notification from a Canadian Retailer that sells high end tools that they are importing a whole bunch of Cadex Systainer compressors made in Italy and are now taking pre-orders.

https://www.ultimatetools.ca/products/cadex-t-loc-systainer-air-compressors?_ke=a2V2aW5Aa2R0YXhwcm8uY29t

I thought the Rolair in a Systainer “AirStak” soon to be released at $475 US was pricey, but the two Cadex models are priced at $719 and $899 CAD respectively. Holy crap!

While I’d love to spoil myself with a Systainered type compressor, with taxes it would run me close to the $1,000 mark for just a single protable and stackable Cadex. Suddenly whatever pricing I suspect the Rolair AirStak model will be priced at here in Canada may not be so bad after all.

Here’s a short video on the Rolair AirStak.

ToolGuyD did a review of the Cadex models in DEC2016 and the US pricing was nowhere near as high as to what the Canadian pricing equivalates to from the aforementioned supplier I received an email on it earlier today. Somehow I have a feeling that the Cadex models are not carried by anybody else here in Canada and is why the pricing is so high.

http://toolguyd.com/cadex-air-compressor-in-a-systainer-tool-box/

Maybe when some Canadian retailers start carrying the Rolair AirStak, it won’t be so high in comparison to the Cadex models. At the suggested MSRP of $475 USD, I’m hoping that the AirStak gets priced no higher than $600 CAD. I’d still have to think about this regardless even at that price. But when you figure the equivalent compressor from Rolair would be around $350 here in Canada and a Systainer another $100, it’s not too bad I guess if it comes in at $600 or a little bit less.

I’d really like the convenience of one of these Systainered babies as I do hate lugging a compressor around at times. Putting one on my SysCart along with other Systainers needed for a job would be sweet. I still don’t know how easy they are to drain at the end of the day.

EDIT: Schneider in Germany makes a Systainered compressor as well, but you can’t even get it in the UK never mind in NA.

https://www.schneider-airsystems.com/Products/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?pid=A911000&name=SysMaster-SYM-150-8-6-WXOF

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have been using this one at work and it does ok till I start to nail off sheer. It runs hard then.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We have been using this one at work and it does ok till I start to nail off sheer. It runs hard then.

Handy with the wheels and handle for getting it on and off the job site.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

That looks like a very handy compressor, the wheels are practical and the place to store the hoses, guess it’s not strong enough for the amount of demand you need, is that what you mean by it runs hard?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That is the same one I just bought.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

@dirtywhiteboy

But it keeps up, right? I have the little brother to that compressor and it will do everything I’ve asked of it. Quite an impressive line of compressors IMO.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It doesn’t come with oil in it!!!! I’d hate to say how long we ran that one with no oil.

But it keeps up, right?

Yes it does keep up.

Dirty

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have been using the Flexvolt compressor a lot since I picked it up…Great compressor for trim/door istalls – not real loud, good power, and great battery life.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have been using the Flexvolt compressor a lot since I picked it up…Great compressor for trim/door istalls – not real loud, good power, and great battery life.

That’s a nice little compressor, you’d have to keep all the ends and guns air leak free.

Dirty

This would keep a few nail guns going on the job site.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It doesn’t come with oil in it!!!! I’d hate to say how long we ran that one with no oil.

But it keeps up, right?

Yes it does keep up.

The place I bought it actually took it to the customer service counter and put the oil in it before they would let me take it out of the store.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

That’s a nice little compressor, you’d have to keep all the ends and guns air leak free.

Yeah, it has a small tank so those little leaks add up fast. Air leaks drive me crazy so I have always fixed them as soon as they pop up.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have two of the flex cir saws, and recently bought the sawzall. I am considering adding the compressor, but I would like to buy it as a bare tool, as I am pretty set with a lot of batteries. So far, no luck.

Doobie

Yeah, it has a small tank so those little leaks add up fast. Air leaks drive me crazy so I have always fixed them as soon as they pop up.

How do you ‘fix’ them Chad. Is it simply new couplings, or something else I’d like to learn?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

it simply new couplings, or something else I’d like to learn?

Leaks are’t that hard, sometimes it is a new fitting or just teflon tape. The quick connect fittings wear out over time and need replaced. That is where a lot of leaks are. Don’t forget the fittings on the tools too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

How do you ‘fix’ them Chad. Is it simply new couplings, or something else I’d like to learn?

The biggest culprit is usually the female coupling. You just cut the hose and press fit a new one on.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You just cut the hose and press fit a new one on.

I use the Clamptite tool on mine. Works great!!

Dirty

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Every once in a while, I will go on a mission to get all of our hoses hiss free. The female connectors are about $5 each, so I don’t assume that those are bad. I put a brand new male fitting on a gun and then check each hose to that. The males can also get worn and cause a leak, but it is rare.
    With most of our work being outdoors, the leaks are less noticeable until they get really bad. I like to mark the hose and take it home to repair, as it is easier to do properly than in the field. I cut the end off clean, run it under hot water for a minute to soften the hose, and then add a few drops of dish soap to the new end and press it on good.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Every once in a while, I will go on a mission to get all of our hoses hiss free. The female connectors are about $5 each, so I don’t assume that those are bad. I put a brand new male fitting on a gun and then check each hose to that. The males can also get worn and cause a leak, but it is rare.
    With most of our work being outdoors, the leaks are less noticeable until they get really bad. I like to mark the hose and take it home to repair, as it is easier to do properly than in the field. I cut the end off clean, run it under hot water for a minute to soften the hose, and then add a few drops of dish soap to the new end and press it on good.

I do the same thing. It seems like keeping hoses leak free is a nonstop job. I don’d think I ever get caught up on that.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.610 seconds