dcsimg

What is your brand after BTP?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Well this thread is pretty old, but apparently we’re supposed to revive it.
    Has anyone switched in the last couple years? Tools are changing at a rapid pace it seems!

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I like the Ryobi products I have brought. Then again I’m not a everyday user. I am pleased with what I got so far.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I like the Bosch stuff a lot now. I still have a lot of DeWalt, which was my main brand before BTP. Honestly, I read reviews on Amazon for any tool purchase I make, and I generally buy the one with the best reviews that’s also in my price range. Sometimes that’s Bosch, sometimes not.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I must say that the only Bosch tool I had before BTP was my jig saw. I always thought they had the best jig saw. Btp has pretty much got me staying with Bosch tools now. I really like the quality. I still have the Dewalt miter saw but when it goes I will most likely save up for the Bosch saw.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I don’t know if I commented on this one or another, but I’ll say that I only follow a brand when it does that particular job well.

I’m mostly Milwaukee for cordless and corded tools, drill motors, SawZalls, Roto-Hammers. I like Bosch for Table Saw, Miter Saw, Sanders, and such.

If I did more concrete than I do, I’d go heavily for Hilti.

Marshalltown for concrete and drywall tools. Klein for electrical. Ridgid for plumbing ( not the HD Rigid). Jackson for shovels and rakes.

I have Senco for finish nailers. I like Max for framing nailers.

Caterpillar is my favorite for heavy equipment.

Kenwood for 2-way radios.

Just depends on who makes a product for a particular task the best.

The only thing I don’t do, is buy cheap tools, like Home Despot or Harbor Freight. My trade depends on quality work, and on top of that, I love what I do, so I want to use quality tools.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I don’t know if I commented on this one or another, but I’ll say that I only follow a brand when it does that particular job well.

I’m mostly Milwaukee for cordless and corded tools, drill motors, SawZalls, Roto-Hammers. I like Bosch for Table Saw, Miter Saw, Sanders, and such.

If I did more concrete than I do, I’d go heavily for Hilti.

Marshalltown for concrete and drywall tools. Klein for electrical. Ridgid for plumbing ( not the HD Rigid). Jackson for shovels and rakes.

I have Senco for finish nailers. I like Max for framing nailers.

Caterpillar is my favorite for heavy equipment.

Kenwood for 2-way radios.

Just depends on who makes a product for a particular task the best.

The only thing I don’t do, is buy cheap tools, like Home Despot or Harbor Freight. My trade depends on quality work, and on top of that, I love what I do, so I want to use quality tools.

Delta

I totally agree to this. for a average guy like me that dont’ use tool like you describe everyday will buy the cheaper or less expensive, but still have a good quality behind it. I just bought a OMT from harbor freight. I don’t see myself using much as of now, but that could change. I don’t use it everyday so that’s why I went cheap.

My brand selection was all over the place before BTP, now I favour Bosch and Festool for the stuff Im going to use often (and Veritas for the “extreme cordless”) but I use whatever I can afford that is good enough that I like to use it

Doobie

Well this thread is pretty old, but apparently we’re supposed to revive it.
    Has anyone switched in the last couple years? Tools are changing at a rapid pace it seems!

I went Bosch big time a couple of years ago; I now shun Milwaukee as I’ve been unlucky with them – 3 out of 6 drills have had issues, I’m done; I’m more discerning about my Festool choices than years ago – but that’s kinda too late as I have a ton of their stuff already.

I do look for quality very much still, it’s just my nature, but there are some tools as a HO/DIYer that I’ll do with the HF equivalent like a drywall jack and cement mixer come to mind, I just don’t do enough of certain things to justify higher quality on those kinds of things and will take my chances with the Chinese made potential POS, but our version of HF here in Canada – Princess Auto – I’ve discovered have an excellent returns/satisfaction guarantee so I go along with them on some products in certain areas.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I was already to deep in bosch before btp. I only have bosch almost and some hiltis

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I was at one point a very loyal and religious Dewalt guy. I has heavily invested in their 18v lineup aswell as larger tools. I’ve still got most of them, the only issues I’ve had are with the old batteries dieing, so I can’t really say anything bad about them.

Now I buy whatever fits the bill and does the best job. I’ve almost always got my trailer with me so some space isn’t an issue I don’t mind having a big mix of tools that don’t exactly match and go perfectly together.

I do however prefer to have only 1 or two battery platforms – just for simplicity. Bosch is and will continue to be one of them, and I believe I’ll be swapping my other to dewalts flexvolt so i can add theor 20v framing guns, and for when my miter saw and table saw could eventually use am upgrade.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Before BTP I already had a ton of Bosch, even back in Germany my favourite brand was Bosch. So nothing change for me.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Clev08
    Pro

My first drill was given to me and it was a “Black and Decker Industrial” and identical to the dewalt my dad had. the batteries and chargers worked in each other. After some problems with the battery not always charging and the chuck giving out after a month, I got a Milwaukee M18 drill. After a couple months I got the Fuel Sawzall kit and the Fuel Impact driver. The next couple months I bought a lot more M18 Fuel tools, Circular saw, Rotary Hammer, Grinder, Hammer drill, and a couple of the M12 tools.
    After BTP I still only buy Milwaukee for cordless(Milwaukee has done nothing to lose my business and I don’t want 2 battery chargers hanging around), but I think Bosch has some great corded sanders and saws etc… that I will use in construction and woodworking going forward.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I started off with milwaukee stuff as that was what @58chev was a good brand to buy, However after btp i’ve slowly converted most of my stuff to bosch, makita and one festool plus a veritas and bridge city

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i was never a fan of dewalt stuff but with what ive been seeing as of late with their flex volt gear i might try to jump on board with a couple things, well see though price point is still really high on it up here in canada

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Prior to BTP, I was into any brand that would do what I needed,
    Then way back in around 2004 I bought my first Bosch 18 volt cordless kit (5) piece kit
    Well that is the first Bosch cordless I used, liked them so much started buying into the accessories, blades and bits.
    Then when I joined BTP, I started with the L boxes, and now have been upgrading to the lithium, I also bought some of my current Bosch cordless tools, plus I was buying many tools from CPO and Tony tools in the corded Bosch.

What can I say, have been impressed with the quality, and the warranty and customer service.
    Two thumbs up for them.

keko
    Pro

we have used them all but after btp and even before bosch is mostly what we use.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

i was never a fan of dewalt stuff but with what ive been seeing as of late with their flex volt gear i might try to jump on board with a couple things, well see though price point is still really high on it up here in canada

Flex volt is the only innovation from Dewalt that’s been making me want to buy back in. Cordless miter saw and table saw would be great.

I have a preference for Bosch, but I used to be a Milwaukee guy with a couple of Hitachi cordless still going strong, and recently I have let a few Rigid into the fold -they are decent, a good price and seem to have a respectable warranty. I have never liked the DeWalts, but I do respect Makita, which my dad and Father in law were both fond of.

Will

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

It’s funny, I had mostly bosch stuff before this site. That’s kinda how I found it but since I have been on here most of my major tool purchases haven’t been bosch. Bit that’s because the things I have bought, bosch doesn’t make. I bought a cordless 7 1/4″ saw. A domino a cordless miter saw.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve been using the same battery tools I’ve used for the last 30 years.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.526 seconds