dcsimg

What is your brand after BTP?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 81 total)
  • Author

The question was asked in the share you Bosch tool list thread.

So I ask what is your prefered brand of power tool after finding BTP? What was your brand before?

I admit I had a few Bosch items before, but my main brand was and still is Dewalt. The 18v line is where most of my tools are.

I can say I had slowly been becoming less brand specific over the years. I have mentioned it before on here that I will have a big decision to make once my 18v Dewalts start crapping out.

Since finding BTP I honestly look to Bosch a lot more. And not just the rewards list. I look at them for purchase as well.

So how about others on here…

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

redwood
    Pro

Not much has changed for me. I always had some Bosch tools, as well as others from other manufacturers. I do probably look at Bosch a little more, but I still try to do the research and am not blind to other tool makers.

For cordless, I’m so tied into Makita that I don’t think that will change anytime soon.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

tied to makita for cordless but i do now have 12v and 18v bosch. I like to find the best for my needs at a price point. I have a bit of everything with bosch being at the top before and after BTP.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Before I found BTP, I had already decided on Bosch for my cordless stuff. Was planning on keeping with Hitachi for the basic corded stuff, since its relatively low cost, yet still reliable. I may be switching some of those to Bosch, dependent on which brand meets my needs better.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

before btp i was buying mostly bosch and makita actually. more recently however i have been buying more milwaukee than bosch. i use my btp points for bosch stuff. reason being the local bosch selection is fairly limited in stores

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

the local bosch selection is fairly limited in stores

I find that id as problem as well. The only Bosch dealer I know of other than Lowes is a yard I rarely go to because its almost impossible to get out of the parking lot.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I don’t really have a brand – I buy what I feel is the best tool. I own some tools from just about every major manufacturer – Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee, Hitachi, Dewalt, Ridgid, Porter-Cable (old PC). Since BTP I have decided to switch my cordless to Bosch, I wasn’t seriously invested in another brand and was looking for a cordless brand to invest in.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’m a Makita guy myself. I’ve been generally very impressed with their tools, but have been picking up a few Bosch tools lately. I have two Makita dealers in my town and only Lowes for Bosch. I can order basically anything site unseen but who wants to trust the salesman’s opinion…

Being able to actually get my hands on the tool itself goes a long way toward helping me decide between brands. Unfortunately, that just doesn’t cover too many of Bosch’s offerings for me. They just aren’t around. Pro reviews, and to some degree, Amazon reviews are also taken into account. As others have said, I buy the best I can afford for the specific type of tool. It just so happens that tends to be Makita.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I also had a lot of Bosch before BTP. Probably more than any other line. After that, I would say , I have about equal amounts of Milwaukee, Makita and Hitachi. Only a couple of pieces of Dewalt.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Really enjoyed using Hilti products before! Now I’m more excited to use various models of the Bosch power tools. I also have no issue with the craftsmanship to be worried about using Bosch power tools over Hilti.

A Working Pro since 2004

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Makita with a couple of bosch tools. Now slowly getting the tools I don’t have or need replacement are turning into bosch. I won’t be changing my cordless anytime soon I don’t think. Except the couple I got here. Rotary hammer and jig.

Really enjoyed using Hilti products before! Now I’m more excited to use various models of the Bosch power tools. I also have no issue with the craftsmanship to be worried about using Bosch power tools over Hilti.

I was in this camp to some extent, although it was to a very limited degree…. only had an 18v drill/impact and recip for Hilti. Now, I have taken a pretty deep dive into Bosch, although the biggest thing I am committed to Bosch for is my cordless (12v and 18v). If some of Bosch’s NAINA stuff was here (track saw), I might have some more blue tools, but otherwise, I agree with the philosophy of buying the best one can afford.

John S

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I was in this camp to some extent, although it was to a very limited degree…. only had an 18v drill/impact and recip for Hilti. Now, I have taken a pretty deep dive into Bosch, although the biggest thing I am committed to Bosch for is my cordless (12v and 18v). If some of Bosch’s NAINA stuff was here (track saw), I might have some more blue tools, but otherwise, I agree with the philosophy of buying the best one can afford.

I only used various models of the chipping/demo hammers and rotary hammer, but I could put my all into them every day and they always kept ticking! Is is the same for the other Hilti tools? The recip and Drill?

A Working Pro since 2004

I make educated and informed tool purchases. I have quite a few bosch tools. Nothing cordless and that may not change. I’m going Milwaukee for my cordless just switched from Dewalt 18V. I’m loving the Fuel line so far and will continue to invest in it.

Cordless tools it’s nice to pick a system for your basics like drill, impact, recip, circular, lights, etc so that you’re not dealing with a ton of different batteries.

As far as Bosch tools I’ve got a laser measuring device, laser level, rotary hammer, and maybe something else. Bosch had the best offerings on those tools for what I wanted. Might be getting the Bosch corded OMT with my points.

As far as BTP changing things. Not really, I have respect for Bosch and think it’s great that they are doing this, but I’m not going to by a Bosch tool over a different brand that I think is better.

But if it’s done one thing, it’s made me look at Bosch twice instead of once I guess.

I was and still am heavily invested in Milwaukee, particularly the 12v line. I had a fair amount of Bosch but after BTP, I own a lot more. Some purchased, some wonderful rewards. I am going to stick to these 2 brands except for a few Festool pieces. I still have their track saw on my wish list.

This site has me looking more at Bosch than before for sure. What I have added from them are awesome tools. Enjoying the l-boxxes also.

After last night , not sure. Had some tools stolen. Have used Makita for the last several year with the exception of a 10 and couple of 12 volt drivers by Bosch. Then came the radio, and next came the 18 v driver so I could have a battery for the radio. Well we usually take home all of our tools. Last night we were in a local city that doesn’t usually have problems. Been at the site for over a week and got careless. Got me for reciprocating saw , circular saw, and driver as well as three batteries, and a charger. tools were almost 3 tears old , batteries only a year or so old. Really broke up the Makita set .Decision time.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the lumber yard around the corner from me has a good selection of bosch bits and blades, other than that they have the baby bosch ts, the powerbox and a jigsaw. home depot has an ok selection of corded stuff but minimal cordless. kent building supply has some bosch cordless stuff and 3 differnt mitre saws however their pricing is horrrendous

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I only used various models of the chipping/demo hammers and rotary hammer, but I could put my all into them every day and they always kept ticking! Is is the same for the other Hilti tools? The recip and Drill?

I am a DIYer who was able to get them for a really good price, and I was always impressed by the quality of the build. I didn’t get to torture them enough to truly “field” test them. Nevertheless, they are definitely quality tools.

Got me for reciprocating saw , circular saw, and driver as well as three batteries, and a charger. tools were almost 3 tears old , batteries only a year or so old. Really broke up the Makita set .Decision time.

Man @siberian that is a major bummer. I thought it was bad getting a UPS box stolen off my back porch… It would really, really upset me if somebody stole all that you listed from me 🙁 Sounds like decision time indeed.

John S

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have always used a few Bosch tools. DeWalt and Makita cordless have been my tools of choice till BTP. Now I do look at Bosch a little more when looking for new tools.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Preferred brand after being on BTP?

For me, it depends on the tool. There are some Bosch tools I’ve acquired since being here that I wouldn’t give up for another brand (SDS Rotary Hammer being one of the main ones).

I love my Milwaukee Fuel impact driver.

I love my DeWalt 20v line.

I never thought I’d have so many brands of cordless tools, but for me, it’s about getting the best tool for the job, regardless of brand.

Resident Sign Guy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.494 seconds