dcsimg

What is your bargain manmade deck railing?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@r-ice we just finished cable railing with aluminum posts, it’s the Keylink brand…when I saw your post I gave my salesman a call, and he said he would sell you the cable kit by itself…hooverfence.com in northern Ohio…and code is the same here 4″ or less

redwood
    Pro

You can get a lot of railing products from here.

http://www.decksdirect.com/

I used to buy cable railing directly from Feeney, but they were cheaper then Feeney or my local suppliers. When Feeney first started getting into retail stores a couple of years ago, they used a article that I wrote in their marketing.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can get a lot of railing products from here.

http://www.decksdirect.com/

I used to buy cable railing directly from Feeney, but they were cheaper then Feeney or my local suppliers. When Feeney first started getting into retail stores a couple of years ago, they used a article that I wrote in their marketing.

@redwood..yes purchase alot of stuff from decksdirect.com Never knew you were such a writer….have you wrote any other articles? Every single time I’ve tried to order any Feeney cable railing from our supplier here, I always get told 4 to 6 weeks…call corporate and get referred back to local dealer..so I quit, and got the Keylink from Hoover fence, and really can’t see a difference.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@r-ice we just finished cable railing with aluminum posts, it’s the Keylink brand…when I saw your post I gave my salesman a call, and he said he would sell you the cable kit by itself…hooverfence.com in northern Ohio…and code is the same here 4″ or less

Man that’s a clean looking railing system.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

thanks, however with the dollar the way it is, I can’t really buy anything from the states right now. I have to find a supplier that is local in Canada.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

It looks like Feeney is carried by dealers in Canada, check the locator on their website.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dirtywhiteboy thank you, but don’t want to do it again.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think with all the changes I keep thinking about, might just say forget it and do aluminum and not do the full 8 feet down, just a handrail for that portion

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Why?? Is it a pain in the kester?

Dirty

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think with all the changes I keep thinking about, might just say forget it and do aluminum and not do the full 8 feet down, just a handrail for that portion

@r-ice I will tell anyone to go with aluminum railing systems. They’re pretty much timelss, not a fad thing. Low maintenance…may fade out some over the years, but won’t rust out. I worry these cable and glass railings are just a fad phase that these HO’s will regret on down the road.

@dirtywhiteboy
    yes, it was for me. First time I ever installed it and whipped myself too much with that cable 🙂 still got bruises

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dirtywhiteboy yes, it was for me. First time I ever installed it and whipped myself too much with that cable 🙂 still got bruises

Well at least you know you can do it if need be, maybe next time have one of you crew do it.

Dirty

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dirtywhiteboy yes, it was for me. First time I ever installed it and whipped myself too much with that cable :) still got bruises

Well at least you know you can do it if need be, maybe next time have one of you crew do it.

That’s a yes on that!

redwood
    Pro

I think the cable rails are possibly the easiest railing to install, other then drilling all the holes if you use a wood support system.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice I will tell anyone to go with aluminum railing systems. They’re pretty much timelss, not a fad thing. Low maintenance…may fade out some over the years, but won’t rust out. I worry these cable and glass railings are just a fad phase that these HO’s will regret on down the road.

@dirtywhiteboy yes, it was for me. First time I ever installed it and whipped myself too much with that cable :) still got bruises

yah I was thinking that would be the best, because even with the cabling, the wood could rot and etc etc. I’ll probably look in to pricing out the aluminum next week when I get a day or two free.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i really like the cable railing

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the cable rails are possibly the easiest railing to install, other then drilling all the holes if you use a wood support system.

@redwood I’m sure they are, but my quick frustration and no patience never helps, and I can make weedeating hard if I’m in a hurry that day. Husband wasn’t on that job with me, and I’ve never installed it before. You know you’re bad when the wife that has a maid, a dog walker, and someone to change the litter boxes asks if you need help. lol That cable railing almost made me a drinking woman.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well I ended up heading to home depot and buying all the aluminum railing to install, the bill ended up being more expensive than if I went and got someone to come over and install it for me. so thats what I ended up doing, Calling up the person and having them come over and installing it for me. lol

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Well I ended up heading to home depot and buying all the aluminum railing to install, the bill ended up being more expensive than if I went and got someone to come over and install it for me. so thats what I ended up doing, Calling up the person and having them come over and installing it for me. lol

@r-ice
    While you were up in Markham today, did you grab a local community paper and check for an Installer? Might get a better deal, like the one you got for the garage door install.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice,
    While you were up in Markham today, did you grab a local community paper and check for an Installer? Might get a better deal, like the one you got for the garage door install.

yah I found one on kijiji, i made sure to take a photo of his drivers licence just incase.

@r-ice,

yah I found one on kijiji, i made sure to take a photo of his drivers licence just incase.

When are you getting it done, looking forward for seeing the finished product, if I’m not mistaken, did you choose black

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.603 seconds