dcsimg

What is the difference between these two Bosch 1" 18V Rotary Hammers

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  theamcguy 4 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Can somebody tell me why it is that the D handle style Bulldog 18V rotary hammer is almost half the price of the other short handle 1 inch rotary hammer.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/sds-plus-hammers-gbh18v-26-146290-p/

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/sds-plus-hammers-gbh18v-26dn-199170-p/

They seem identical in capacities of what they do, is it simply the D-handle style is less desirable to use than the newer style?

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I’d say it has a lot to do with the ergonomics. The older d hand has more than likely declined is sales. So making it a cheaper model now.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I’d say it has a lot to do with the ergonomics. The older d hand has more than likely declined is sales. So making it a cheaper model now.

That’s all I can think of as well. I’ve just never used a shorter handle newer style before, so I don’t know how much better it feels to use that style over the longer D handle style.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I’d be interested in finding out more about the difference ,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What difference? I don’t see a price?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I know that they have been pre selling the D handle one for 499 in Canada on promotion with the dust extractor kit

I think I’ve seen that shorter one on sale for 599 but without the dust extractor kit and the 6.3 Core battery packs instead of the 8.0 that comes with the D style handle

I was more curious about the power and so on

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I know that they have been pre selling the D handle one for 499 in Canada on promotion with the dust extractor kit

I think I’ve seen that shorter one on sale for 599 but without the dust extractor kit and the 6.3 Core battery packs instead of the 8.0 that comes with the D style handle

the D handle style Bulldog 18V rotary hammer is almost half the price of the other short handle 1 inch rotary hammer.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ho you quoted me🤬 well I have the GBH28V-26 and I love 😀it. What I’m wondering is why Bosch came out with the same tool in a different shape 🤔 what is wrong 🤯 with the GBH28V-26😕 will bosch come out with a third tool with a different shape🐌

Dirty

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Ho you quoted me🤬 well I have the GBH28V-26 and I love 😀it. What I’m wondering is why Bosch came out with the same tool in a different shape 🤔 what is wrong 🤯 with the GBH28V-26😕 will bosch come out with a third tool with a different shape🐌

What !!! You lost me in the first phrase 🥺🤔

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I had ordered that deal and I mulled it over quite a bit, and today for a variety of reasons, I went and cancelled that order.

Now I may simply redeem for the bare tool non-D handle model. Still not sure I’ll even get that. Still mulling it over.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

One is more compact and the dust collection is better integrated?

I know one of the Bosch rotary hammers there is adjustment angle to SDS attachment so if you are using a chipping bit you can hold it how you like it and re-orient the chipping bit. I think it’s one of those with a superhero names.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Are they still making both of them?

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I know one of the Bosch rotary hammers there is adjustment angle to SDS attachment so if you are using a chipping bit you can hold it how you like it and re-orient the chipping bit. I think it’s one of those with a superhero names.

That’s a good feature. I must of missed that when i read the new specs.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I wonder if they will , now that they have the bulldog style The New one I don’t see why they would need both styles

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Yes they are. I can onpy think thus far they still offer the longer D handle because it is cheaper to buy but I don’t know why it is cheaper, hence the reason I started this thread.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Today Amazon has the D handle hammer at $219 and the L shaped hammer at $320 USD.

I bet the new compact one will fit inside an LBoxx and the old one won’t. I don’t know for sure just a guess.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Today Amazon has the D handle hammer at $219 and the L shaped hammer at $320 USD.

I bet the new compact one will fit inside an LBoxx and the old one won’t. I don’t know for sure just a guess.

I don’t think it would fit in an L-Boxx. I was told the cordless D-handle I was gonna get that I cancelled the order for yesterday would have come in a blow molded case for it.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I don’t think it would fit in an L-Boxx. I was told the cordless D-handle I was gonna get that I cancelled the order for yesterday would have come in a blow molded case for it.

I think he’s talking about the one on the list , that looks like it would fit

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s a shame Bosch is moving away fro the L-Boxx system. I really liked that about them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.971 seconds