dcsimg

What I have been up to

This topic contains 60 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author

This was the mantle I made. Peruvian Walnut (surprise!) with hard Maple splines. This thing was a beast. 4″ thick, 12″ deep, ~6′ long

Attachments:

Doobie
    Pro

Nice! Love the look of the splined corners.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

You have been a busy boy. That is some really sweet work though, came out nice.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Beautiful stuff Kent!

On Kitchen 2, how’s the swing on the fridge doors? It looks great flush like that, but never seen it work..

I like the DF look

--Steve

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

This was the mantle I made. Peruvian Walnut (surprise!) with hard Maple splines. This thing was a beast. 4″ thick, 12″ deep, ~6′ long

Somehow I missed this one , you did a great job , looks great !

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Great looking work. I’m really a huge fan of the dog’s little space in the first kitchen.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That looks great Kent, I bet that took some time to make nice.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

awesome mantle, really stands out and the splined corners are a very nice touch.

Doobie
    Pro

Anybody look at the post dates when this thread started that has suddenly been resurrected? Bit of of old news. 🙁

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Anybody look at the post dates when this thread started that has suddenly been resurrected? Bit of of old news. 🙁

It was me 🙂

--Steve

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

It was me 🙂

Thats okay , its been done before 🙂 missed this one , beautiful work by the way , great kitchen , and that mantle , very nice .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It was me 🙂

That was funny!!! We just fallowed him in

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It may be old news, but it made it into the bosch news letter.

Hey wow guys…I don’t know what to say. I have been so busy with no let up in sight. I really need to get back here and contribute much more than I have.

I am honored you resurrected my post!

Newsletter? There’s a newsletter?

Well, to fill you all in…

I burned out a bit on custom cabinetry and have been working much more in the field doing odds and ends stuff. I have some exciting stuff coming up, lots of kitchen and bath remodeling, possibly a modern kitchen.

I picked up a kick ass shop table saw. An old powermatic I got for a song. Aircraft carrier size top of 70″ long cast iron extension. 5hp 3 phase 12″ beast.

Oh, it bit me damn near in the nuts yesterday. Have a bruise the size of a softball near my boys. If that was a direct hit, there’s no doubt there would probably be no more manhood. 5hp doesn’t slow down for no one.

Did an awesome renovation on an old barn for a commercial project that will be for events. First time using that awful Boral crap. Hopefully the last. Has it’s pros, but nasty stuff.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Hey wow guys…I don’t know what to say. I have been so busy with no let up in sight. I really need to get back here and contribute much more than I have.

I am honored you resurrected my post!

Newsletter? There’s a newsletter?

The check is in the mail!!

It gets automatically emailed out. Maybe I have my account set up to receive it, I dunno. Great seeing you back here Kent.

Here’s the beast! I love this saw! Not as much as I did yesterday, but yeah!

Attachments:

Oh, and we got a puppy. His name is Django. A very cool black lab. He is my hiking partner, and the cutest.

Glad to hear everything is going well for you @kentwhitten! That saw is a beast! Gotta love some old American iron!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

That is a beast of a saw, Kent…you’re lucky you walked away with a bruise and not a castration….lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.499 seconds