dcsimg

What have you used your cordless bandsaw for?

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Jummul
    Pro

This is kind of a hard topic to google for because corded bandsaws are regularly defined as the stationary woodworking machine.

I’m very curious as to how versatile the 18V bandsaw is. Is it just for sawing tubings and such?

I can imagine it can be great for certain quick (but clean) saw jobs.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I use mine to cut pretty much anything. Wood, copper, steel, stainless etc. The only thing that I ever had a hard time cutting was cast iron.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mainly metal, pipes, braces, flat stock etc. everything but sheet metal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I put in for one. I’m thinking I will use it for the Ada handrail for decks. Aka second handrail.

Good thread. Having some insight into how it would be used is great. I have been considering one but it doesn’t seem too compelling for me with work in the shop. Jobsite use is entirely different.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it just for sawing tubings and such?

That’s really what it’s intended for.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

you can do this and make a portable table for it.

Attachments:
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s more of a stand than a table!

The tool junky in me wants a portaband but I’d rarely use it. As I don’t really do any metal work.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I would think it would be awesome for wood , metal pipeing , PVC pipe , black iron , anything under 2″ . I haven’t redeemed for one since I don’t have battery’s for it .

Always willing to learn .

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is a great idea , I would do the same if I had one .

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

How straight could be a portable bandsaw cut compared to metal circular saw? I have used portable bandsaw once and I realized the cut wasn’t that straight.

Is there any tip to keep the cut straight ?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

How straight could be a portable bandsaw cut compared to metal circular saw? I have used portable bandsaw once and I realized the cut wasn’t that straight.

I find I get the best cuts by applying very little pressure. If you let the saw do all the work the blade will be less likely to bend giving you a straighter cut.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I used @svenshutters cordless band saw to but through some EMT pipe on one of his jobs and it cut great. I think if I was an a job running a lot of EMT I would definitely use it over my recip saw.

Doobie

I just can’t see this as being used by me in any meaningful ways.

And am I understanding that it does not come with a battery?

Jummul
    Pro

That’s correct, it comes without battery.

So a lot of uses for the saw. It looks like a very valuable tool. If I have something to saw for a greater length, what is the maximum thickness I can saw off?

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I find I get the best cuts by applying very little pressure. If you let the saw do all the work the blade will be less likely to bend giving you a straighter cut.

Thanks for the tips.

That’s great advice for cutting any material with a saw .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s correct, it comes without battery.

So a lot of uses for the saw. It looks like a very valuable tool. If I have something to saw for a greater length, what is the maximum thickness I can saw off?

I love that saw and wanted one really bad til I realised the cutting capacity, It’s only 2 1/2″. For what I had in mind for it that just wasn’t enough dang it

Anonymous
    Inactive

We used to have a thread on these but not only can ya make a stand they’re some really cool ones out there too, If I had one I’d probably have both of these to go along with it

jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

cutting really crazy compound rafter angles…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.265 seconds