dcsimg

What Hammer you Swinging ?

This topic contains 74 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  crotalusco 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 75 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What Hammer you Swinging ?
    When I was younger I used a heavy hammer maybe a 28oz or 30oz ax but not anymore. Today I use a titanium Ti-Bone. I use both the 14oz smooth face and the 15oz framer. I still use the 23oz steel for demo work.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Greatest damn hammer in the history of the universe right here! It’s the Dalluge titanium

Attachments:

Anonymous

You guys have all the cool stuff, I only have 3 Claw hammers that I can think of, And I have no idea what brand they are (cheap). But I also have like 6 ball-peens, 1 plastic dead-blow and a rubber one. šŸ™‚

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

When I was younger I used a 28 oz steel Hart for framing and a 20 oz Estwing. Now I use a 16 oz Stilleto for framing and the 10 oz Stilleto for most everything else.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I went from a 22 OZ Estwing that gave me framers elbow to a 22 OZ Fat Max with the hatchet handle that helped a lot. A few years ago I upgraded to a 15 OZ Ti-Bone hatchet handle. Best hammer I have ever had and no elbow issues. That hammer has a waffel face so I dont like using it for some applications. I picked up a smoothe face Dewalt 15 OZ mig weld as I dod not want to spend the money on another TI Bone. the dewalt is not a bad hammer for the price point. One of my helpers picked up the Kobalt knock off of the dewalt. I trued it out and for the 5 – 10 dollar price difference, they dont compare.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I keep talking myself out of buying the Ti-Bone for some reason – I think it’s because I have a thing for wood handled hammers.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

51-162 – 16 oz. FATMAX XtremeĀ® AntiVibeĀ® Curve Claw Nailing Hammer is my hammer of choice. For pounding in clips and banging around between studs I haven’t been able to find a hammer that can compete.

I do not frame out buildings so 16oz is my preferred weight.

Attachments:

redwood
    Pro

I have the DeWalt 15oz mig weld hammer. It suits me well since we just don’t use hammers the way we used to. I still have a 22 Oz Estwing somewhere.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

For general repairs I usually use my wood handled 12oz generic hammers. My favorite hammer is a 16oz Craftsman steel handled with rubber grip. Once in a while I need the rubber mallet and the plastic mallet. And my 20oz sledge that I bought at Lowe’s comes in handy on occasion.

Pat

Tibone and a leather handled Estwing for trim and cornice.

I like the look of CaliDecks Dalluge, looks balanced.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I like the look of CaliDecks Dalluge, looks balanced.

The Dalluge is a nice hammer. I have an older steel Dalluge and a Douglas (same style hammer) that I quit using when I got the Stiletto.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I prefer a wood handled hammer for absorbing the shock. I use various Craftsman hammers in 16 and 24 oz.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

21 oz. milled face hickory framer and 20 oz. smooth face hickory framer. both husky steel heads with $5 craftsman handles.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Does anyone know if Bosch sells hammers? I don’t recall ever seeing any.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Does anyone know if Bosch sells hammers? I donā€™t recall ever seeing any.

No I don’t think they sell hammers but I’m wrong all the time!

Dirty

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Vaughn California framer for framing, wooden handle, I think it’s 23 oz. Estwing 16 oz.straight claw for trim and siding, also recently picked up a Craftsman 16 oz. hickory handled for a spare…

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I swing either a 28oz Bostitch or a 16oz Craftsman

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man great thread! I was going to favorite it but I see it’s mine Could I get some favorites form from the crowd

Dirty

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

14 oz hickory handle stilletto for framing and a 10 oz stiletto for trim and siding

i keep a 22oz estwing handy for demolition and concrete work.. occasionally i use a japanese hammer for siding though, the long nose style face is very handy for F-channel and J channel

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.386 seconds