dcsimg

What does everyone do?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That would be a nice change.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ten is a lot to me. So I guess that would depend on who you ask. Lol

Speaking of chickens my Aunt Ethel had a chicken farm too back in the 40’s-60’s. It was a real small small farm though. Nothing like Brians……Did I ever mention I also know how to grill a beer can lemon chicken 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

…Did I ever mention I also know how to grill a beer can lemon chicken 🙂

It has gone down with the monkey insentient.

I also have three chicken barns where I grow about 700,000 chickens a year.

So the question is… do you eat chicken? If you do, do you slaughter them yourself or buy them?

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

My father owned a turkey ranch at one time he had 80,000 turkey’s.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I worked in a custom cabinet shop for 18 yrs. For the last 3 yrs been doing mainly remodeling and room additions. A couple pole barns. Still do a little cabinet work.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Been at this for about 17 years. I have worked under and beside professionals from most trades. I do everything from a bit of excavation, concrete forming/finishing, framing, drywall hanging/tape/texture, stucco, painting, doors/windows, trim, cabinets, and roofing. I don’t want to but I could dable in plumbing. I worked for an excavating/plumbing company for about 2 1/2 years and learned a ton of stuff.

So to answer the question, I do most of it and know a lot. But I don’t do enough and definitely don’t know it all. I hope I never do know it all because that would be boring.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

To me I can’t fathom seeing 2 million chickens a week going through a plant. That number seems crazy. “Growing” 700,000 in a year seems crazy to me too. Do you need to truck them or do they get picked up? Lol.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

When you start to look into the practices of these kinds of factories you’re almost guaranteed to see something you wish you didnt know that makes you never want to buy chicken again and raise your own. FOOD INC. anyone?

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

When you start to look into the practices of these kinds of factories you’re almost guaranteed to see something you wish you didnt know that makes you never want to buy chicken again and raise your own. FOOD INC. anyone?

I’ve been through the plant, I still love to eat chicken! I watched FOOD INC. once, I felt like some things were exaggerated some. In probably every industry there are things happen that aren’t always right, that documentary seemed to highlight all those things and lead the viewer to believe it was the norm.

As to the other question, no, I don’t truck them to the plant. The company I grow for does that, all I do is provide the barns, the utilities, and make sure the conditions are optimal for peak growing performance and bird comfort! 🙂

marcward19
    Pro
    Grundy Center, IA

Im finishing college in May and want to own my own business. Ive done side jobs during my summers off and worked with a couple contractors during the summer, doing a mix of residential and agricultural construction.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

I’m a GC as well, mostly additions and remodels. Been in business for nearly 15 yrs. before that, I did a lot of different things, from detailing autos to corporate IT guy.

--Steve

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Im finishing college in May and want to own my own business. Ive done side jobs during my summers off and worked with a couple contractors during the summer, doing a mix of residential and agricultural construction.

what kind of degree are you graduating with? @marcward19

marcward19
    Pro
    Grundy Center, IA

Im graduating with a biomedical degree with a business administration minor. @kurt@welkerhomes.com

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Im graduating with a biomedical degree with a business administration minor. @kurt@welkerhomes.com

@marcward19

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on incorporating a biomedical degree into construction. Do you have some specific areas you’re considering? Sounds interesting!

marcward19
    Pro
    Grundy Center, IA

@hdpro,
    Idk how much my major will help in construction except if I shoot myself with a nail gun I’ll know how close I am to an artery lol. My business admin minor will help a lot. I really enjoyed all my business classes. Im mainly considering remodeling and then see what develops from there.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

@hdpro,<br>
    Idk how much my major will help in construction except if I shoot myself with a nail gun I’ll know how close I am to an artery lol. My business admin minor will help a lot. I really enjoyed all my business classes. Im mainly considering remodeling and then see what develops from there.

I thought maybe you were going to tie the 2 together. I could see some possibilities.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

I have been working in building maintenance and property management for about 8 years. 4 years doing maintenance in huge medical clinics and now onto residential condominiums. I wouldnt consider myself a expert in anything but can tackle mostly anything from roofing to small electric or plumbing jobs.
    I am also finishing my bachelors degree in Communication full time. Not sure what I am going to do with it but I wanted a college degree.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

marcward19
    Pro
    Grundy Center, IA

thought maybe you were going to tie the 2 together. I could see some possibilities.

@hdpro
    I guess I never really even considered combining the two. Now that you mention it though it could be very interesting.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You gonna have a medical º and you’re gonna be doing carpentry
    The reason I do carpentry is because I ain’t got no skoolin.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.506 seconds