dcsimg

What do you think of separate photo threads for L-Boxxes?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

There are some great(and very long) threads on L-boxxes on here but I thought it might be useful to create a separate thread for just photos of the L-boxxes and what will fit in them. I got a L2 and L3 today and was fiddling around with some possibilities but it would be great, for me, to just see what fits in them, even if it’s not all organized and slick.

I took a bunch of photos of just the boxes with different tools in them and thought that we could pool our resources and make it easier to help each other when deciding which Lboxx to buy for which tool.

In addition to photos, maybe we could take requests, but mainly just photos so it doesn’t become a long search through 30 pages of posts.

What say you all?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Love the idea Ethan! Personally, I have a tough time figuring out what size box I’ll want for a given tool or group of them. Organizing one isn’t the easiest thing for me either.

As for the length of the thread…it’s going to be long with multiple versions when it’s all said and done. Our efforts would be better spent lobbying for an improved search function.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I was going to make a thread for each size that I have, someone else could do the others. I think that would make it a lot easier to browse through if we break them up and get rid of the chatter. The existing threads are great for talking through ideas and sharing progress pics, etc.. It’s just getting really hard to go back and find pics that I’ve seen and want to find again.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

That or a photo album section would be awesome. That would keep it from getting cluttered up with posts…I don’t know if that is something the developers could add to the site or not.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I would go further and go for a separate topic/category for lboxxes of each type

@bethepro
    pretty sure there is a SEO benefit to having them all in an appropriate category dedicated to stackable storage or some other SEO friendly wording that would give this site (and by extension Bosch) an edge

I love the idea of a thread per boxx and the requests idea is even better. If I have a tool that is not designed for en Lboxx, I want to be able to ask others who might know which one it fits in

I even want to hear about some less appealing solutions to getting stuff to fit, such as corded recip saws……

Anyone figure out a way to get a wormdrive into a boxx? Best I can figure is an l4 diagonal top to bottom, but that is a lot of wasted space

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I would go a little further, if someone has an interesting lboxx set up they should create their own link so we can discus the contents and the way it is laid out separately

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Guess a separate photo thread would make it easier to search.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I think that would make it a lot easier to browse through if we break them up and get rid of the chatter.

The key to the threads on individual boxx’s would be to minimize the chatter.
    I myself have saved pictures of setups into there own Bosch Boxx folder, so I have something to reference when the time comes to start a tower of boxx’s.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

All right. I’ll get some started this afternoon. I snapped some pics yesterday to get it rolling.

Great idea Ethan. There are many uses for these boxes and new ideas for use would be awesome.

There are some great(and very long) threads on L-boxxes on here but I thought it might be useful to create a separate thread for just photos of the L-boxxes and what will fit in them. I got a L2 and L3 today and was fiddling around with some possibilities but it would be great, for me, to just see what fits in them, even if it’s not all organized and slick.

I took a bunch of photos of just the boxes with different tools in them and thought that we could pool our resources and make it easier to help each other when deciding which Lboxx to buy for which tool.

In addition to photos, maybe we could take requests, but mainly just photos so it doesn’t become a long search through 30 pages of posts.

What say you all?

I think that would be a great idea, I think it would also be easier to follow as you suggested.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I made threads for the L1,L2,L3 and L4. Someone should probably make one for the 3D as well. I don’t have one. It may also be worthwhile to make a general thread for drawers/bins. I don’t have those either.

I made threads for the L1,L2,L3 and L4. Someone should probably make one for the 3D as well. I don’t have one. It may also be worthwhile to make a general thread for drawers/bins. I don’t have those either.

I was in the middle of doing so, but could not find my pics of my 3d drill box setup. Think I proved your point of needing these threads…. Going to have to take more pics this evening. Also will start iboxx threads

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

Cool. Try to use the same format for the titles as I think that will help them turn up better for searches.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@EthanB,
    I did not want to clutter the main threads…

Can anyone else see Ethan’s Pictures?

Attached is what I get.

Work Computers:
    Win7 Chrome or IE
    Win8.1 Chrome

Home computer:
    Win10 Chrome, Edge, IE

Blackberry Z30

I do not see any of his pictures that he has posted in any of the LBOXX threads.

The link looks like they are to Google Drive? I assume??

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/At3fkUeqeR2Pv1mQ6ZsJgTo8-SDDU71nLJ3xP26v5QvvlDFjmGNhftv5X48nBk3gcKETTY1PWiIYBjUbbRa-dpQd15yDRXEUD6dAXf_JOBM_Fn_uln6piwtYa5Hqsnsmu2bekjoITnAXcA11p_SHJirZt3HFmrH9pMcpat_51ERXhs6wGZvlC0wieok_4slw1BcRUGJ6izAIrX5E7n0bxc2z220IBuPxPowUzx3UMdP_0B8l7eI_cgOcGOyUqTcaXn211gdAC_lseStT11-HFVlwpLAwn4vLfyYsR2hLQzWYlwj0UWMOlxTxhGBa8wRlPdIBBsCRFEu5Q5GnFUI6vSUlcAuQvBYKTw53mqQ6Dc22u-SCNwOIvZdnjCX-dF9WWusev7poIMrwH-lMXPyXEPNZ1fCvB-x_icrTMiPusyZo6-Yp1LapWUk3CriUe5hynZ2L42PiYDn39WPsTyH0RXU0ztLaRDDcAsayyy5zK0RVoWxb9ABEAGT5sphVo10dHwdOpA=w908-h681-no

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Attachments:
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

honestly as a moderator here it wouldnt surprise me if it all gets merged into one thread. im not a fan of different threads on the same topic pertaining to different size boxes

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

That’s weird. I’ve been hotlinking to my G+ Photos for a long time. Is this something that people have always been seeing without my knowing it?

I’ll edit those posts.

@jkirk
    My thought was that it would be helpful to have shorter threads for the specific box. I have no patience with sorting through 31 pages of posts to find a specific image. If I’m trying to fit stuff in a L3, I couldn’t care less what fits in a 1A or 3D. From a search standpoint, Google will put up these threads for search results much better as well which will lead to more people seeing this site.

That’s weird. I’ve been hotlinking to my G+ Photos for a long time. Is this something that people have always been seeing without my knowing it?

I’ll edit those posts.

@jkirk My thought was that it would be helpful to have shorter threads for the specific box. I have no patience with sorting through 31 pages of posts to find a specific image. If I’m trying to fit stuff in a L3, I couldn’t care less what fits in a 1A or 3D. From a search standpoint, Google will put up these threads for search results much better as well which will lead to more people seeing this site.

I agree, and can confirm that the separate thread for each product, especially with us identifying what each is, will give the best boost to google search and image search results, which I would imagine to be one of the goals for The sponsors.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

Sorry for the lack of pics. I just confirmed I get the same thing if I log out of Google. It’s really odd as it worked perfectly, right up until the deck project I posted this weekend, but nothing since then.

I’ll upload the pics right to BTP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.205 seconds