dcsimg

What construction Apps you using .

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Anyone use a simple app to track hours on different sites? I’ve tried so many but haven’t found a good one yet.

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anyone use a simple app to track hours on different sites? I’ve tried so many but haven’t found a good one yet.

They make apps for that. I always used spread sheets to track hours spent on automotive repairs.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

For my Woodworking projects I use EverNote & Google keep. I like Evernote as it is free. It syncs to your devices, you can copy and paste items to a note, take pictures and hand written notes can be added. There is Handyman Calculator app I have use many time. Most of my apps are free.

I do use Evernote & Keep for other stuff too.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have the Construction Master app on my phone, it gets used a good bit. I also have the Dewalt app and the Bosch site measurement camera app.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have the Construction Master app on my phone, it gets used a good bit. I also have the Dewalt app and the Bosch site measurement camera app.

I have both the DeWalt and Bosch apps on my phone. Haven’t used ether enough to say I have. I just don’t think about having them on it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Keep trying different apps. Most of the time it is easier to use paper, pencil and simple calculator. Has anyone had success with the Bosch complete small business and job app? Probably way off on name, but it was a long one. Did the demo for a little while and wasn’t sure if it was not what I wanted or wasn’t enough time to play with it (limited tech skills here).

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I have both the DeWalt and Bosch apps on my phone. Haven’t used ether enough to say I have. I just don’t think about having them on it.

Same here. The CM app gets used a lot because of the square function and the stringer calc and it is handy to have a fraction calculator at times.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

For my Woodworking projects I use EverNote & Google keep. I like Evernote as it is free. It syncs to your devices, you can copy and paste items to a note, take pictures and hand written notes can be added. There is Handyman Calculator app I have use many time. Most of my apps are free.

I do use Evernote & Keep for other stuff too.

That sounds like a decent app and user friendly .

Does your company having tracking System on each job .

Always willing to learn .

Keep trying different apps. Most of the time it is easier to use paper, pencil and simple calculator. Has anyone had success with the Bosch complete small business and job app? Probably way off on name, but it was a long one. Did the demo for a little while and wasn’t sure if it was not what I wanted or wasn’t enough time to play with it (limited tech skills here).

I think that’s why a lot guys still don’t get with the computer programs . There tech skills are pretty limited . It’s like we need small community college programs .

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

No it was old-school hand and paper type deal. Even my EI stuff was all manual. I know other high rise companies that give supervisors tablets to track progress, exchange info with engineers and projects managers, track time etc.

*Wishing I had FLIR on my phone so I could use that app. I would love testing this in the field!

A Working Pro since 2004

No it was old-school hand and paper type deal. Even my EI stuff was all manual. I know other high rise companies that give supervisors tablets to track progress, exchange info with engineers and projects managers, track time etc.

*Wishing I had FLIR on my phone so I could use that app. I would love testing this in the field!

That’s got to be really effective in being in touch with engineers for changes to your scopes of work on a certain aspects detail .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I can’t remember the name of it because it was on my old phone that crapped out but I needed to set a small vanity one (20″x24″) and I forgot my level so I downloaded a free level app and used it to set it. Went back a week later and checked it with a real level and it was perfect. Under normal circumstances I would’ve never used an app as a level but it was something that had to be done in that hour.

I can’t remember the name of it because it was on my old phone that crapped out but I needed to set a small vanity one (20″x24″) and I forgot my level so I downloaded a free level app and used it to set it. Went back a week later and checked it with a real level and it was perfect. Under normal circumstances I would’ve never used an app as a level but it was something that had to be done in that hour.

I’ve used the level app before. Used it on a picture hanging job . There pretty much spot on .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I’ve got a bunch, however I hardly use any of them – I simply forget about them.

Joist – I actually use

Bosch & DeWalt – Downloaded just because, and still haven’t really taken the time to play with, however if I get a Bosch distance finder (you all seem so fond of it so I’ll have to give it a shot sometime) I may end up using the app

Home Depot, CT & Home Hardware – I actually use to check for tools, or materials

Ive got about a dozen different construction calculators, but I still end up using the basic and scientific calculator on my phone to figure out stairs and roofs. I never understood the construction calculators, and .125 = 1/8 so good enough for me haha

Fraction calculator too that I do actually use from time to time if I’m having a brain fart or just want to double check my math on elevations – Same with my unit converter since surveyors do elevations in metric but all of the plans I’ll ever be given in my life are in imperial.

Flashlight app gets a lot of use.

The most important of all – Weather Network app… That’s the one I wouldn’t be able to work without having.

I use Procore most of the time for all the construction related things, great for managing the whole project from your smartphone.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.554 seconds