dcsimg

What cell phone are you using

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

With cell phones the way they are today they’ve become a virtual mobile office. Just wondering what the pros are using these days. I’m using the Galaxy S4 and like it a lot so far. I have an upgrade I could use, but can’t think of a better phone out there right now. Anyone know of a better one then the S4?

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

5s iphone. I love mine

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I use the Galaxy S3. I’m just about due for an upgrade, but I think I’ll hang onto this phone for a while longer. I really like it.
    Sony is coming out with a new phone that I’m interested in, but Sprint doesn’t carry it – yet… It’s the Sony Xperia.

You can check it out at digital trends website:
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/sony-sirius-d6503-features-release-rumors/

Pat

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Pat, will it have Sirius Satellite Radio, is that the reason for the name? Do you know?

I’m interested!

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

iphone 5

I like the whole integration with our other apple products. I think it’s crappy phone though.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Note 2 right now, paired with the galaxy gear watch and lg Bluetooth headphones/headset.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

How does that watch work? How do you like it? Do you wear it at work?

Please, give us a small review.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Pat, will it have Sirius Satellite Radio, is that the reason for the name? Do you know?

I’m interested!

Here’s the Sony website link with the info you’d need:
    http://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/xperia-z1s/

Quite frankly (I’ve always wanted to use that phrase, LOL), I know nothing about the Sirius Satellite Radio, so I couldn’t answer your question.
    I like this phone because it’s waterproof, among other things. I take lots of pictures of my work and my parrots, so the camera is the draw for me.
    Of course, for your purposes, it depends on how you use your cell phone. It looks to me like something a contractor could really use. It’s waterproof, has great cameras, excellent display, has numerous intriguing accessories, and, best of all, it’s made by Sony.
    The only drawback for me is I don’t subscribe to T-Mobile, the only carrier of this phone.

Pat

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Pat, thanx for that xperia link. That is a pretty sweet phone. Too bad I have another year before I need an upgrade. My phone works well though. I have a Motorola Razr M.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Here’s a link to Sony’s official website review of the Smartwatch:
    http://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/accessories/smartwatch/

The watch remotely connects to your cell phone. For example, when you’re on the job you don’t have to keep your cell phone on you at all times. If you get a call, the watch will vibrate on your wrist and the display will tell you who’s calling.
    It also can control music players like the Live with Walkman and other compatible players. Nice to have controls for several devices in one place.
    It is fully compatible with other brands, including several Samsung Galaxy models.
    You can also check your emails from the watch, so you won’t have to miss an important client message.
    It has calendar reminders, which seems like something a contractor sure could use.
    And it connects with Facebook and Twitter.
    There are other features, but these are the ones that stood out when I was reading the description.

Pat

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Pat, thanx for that xperia link. That is a pretty sweet phone. Too bad I have another year before I need an upgrade. My phone works well though. I have a Motorola Razr M.

I’ve been working with computers since 1976. I’ve built them and trained clients. I’ve seen the trends in computer technology over the years and am constantly amazed at how much has been accomplished in the field of cell phones.
    My opinion is that cell phones are evolving so fast that over the next 5 years people are going to be astonished at what’s going to be produced. Sven, I wouldn’t worry about having to wait another year to upgrade because in a year you will have a much better selection.
    I’ve already seen 40 megapixel cameras in cell phones when most manufacturers are currently offering 8 to 13 megapixels as state-of-the-art.
    What I would love to see is a cell phone with a folding display so that they can offer a flip phone with a large display. The flip phone style protects the screen from damage, so why not try to design a display with that style phone? Just my daydream…

Pat

iphone 5

I like the whole integration with our other apple products. I think it’s crappy phone though.

Interesting… I am curious as to why you don’t like your phone. Though I am also on the all-apple system as well myself.

John S

Moze
    Dallas, TX

I used to be an iPhone guy but I switched to a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 a while back and love it. The biggest advantage over the iPhone for me is I can view and edit pdf files, xls files, etc. My invoices are done in Excel, so if I need to write an invoice on site, I can. Also, having the ability to create folders / subfolders just like on a computer makes this an easy winner over the iPhone. My wife has the S4 and is a great phone. I prefer the Note 2 though because of the larger screen and being able to view floor plans, etc.

Resident Sign Guy

It works well, it certainly saves me time over getting my phone out for text messages or emails. I’ll get a text and do a s-voice reply right from the watch and keep on working. I wear it most days during work but if I know I’ve got a good chance of damaging it I’ll take it off. I like it because I’m a gadget nerd and I always have the fun toys but I’d say wait for the next generation or 2 to see what new features they add.

www.mysteeldeck.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m still using a BB Bold. The company keeps offering every year to get me a new one but I still like the small size. Fits nicely on my pocket.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m still using a BB Bold. The company keeps offering every year to get me a new one but I still like the small size. Fits nicely on my pocket.

Yikes! BB… I had a BB for a short period of time and I kind of liked the size and the keyboard but pretty much hated everything else about it.

www.mysteeldeck.com

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I have the iPhone 5S, I have so much apple stuff around that it makes sense to have the iphone, but have had androids in the past and the new phones are really nice.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’m pretty happy with the Android OS, I got turned off to Apple with i-Tunes. That app drove me nuts. I have friends that have Apple, and their whole computer took a dump because they didn’t update i-Tunes.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I am using the iPhone 4S, I have an upgrade available but haven’t got around to using it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I have been extremely satisfied with US Cellular. ATT & Verizon were the only carriers with the iPhone for a long time. They now offer the iPhone and I have yet to investigate it. My Samsung Note 2 is doing everything I would want it to although I think it is time to replace the battery. It doesn’t seem to hold a charge as well. Does anyone know how well the iPhone integrates with Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Echange Server.? It is so easy to pickup my office email with the Note (Android OS).

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.595 seconds