dcsimg

What brand of finish nailer do you use?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I run a second 15 gauge and an old senco slp20 18 gauge brad nailer. It’s too bad their new guns are not as reliable as they used to be. I wish that little slp could shoot a 2 inch nail.

I’ve found that with Senco as well. I have two very old guns that are gems. I bought one of their metal placement nailers two years ago and have had almost nothing but frustration. 🙁

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I run a second 15 gauge and an old senco slp20 18 gauge brad nailer. It’s too bad their new guns are not as reliable as they used to be. I wish that little slp could shoot a 2 inch nail.

I’ve found that with Senco as well. I have two very old guns that are gems. I bought one of their metal placement nailers two years ago and have had almost nothing but frustration. :(

I don’t have anything “old”. started fresh with everything brand new.
    Even at garage/estate sales I don’t have so much luck.
    I have the bosch 16ga pneumatic finish nailer and I really like it.
    Gets most of the use of all bosch nailer I have in the shop.
    still need to get my hand on the 18ga nailer tho

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I’ve found that with Senco as well. I have two very old guns that are gems. I bought one of their metal placement nailers two years ago and have had almost nothing but frustration. :(

I don’t have anything “old”. started fresh with everything brand new.
    Even at garage/estate sales I don’t have so much luck.
    I have the bosch 16ga pneumatic finish nailer and I really like it.
    Gets most of the use of all bosch nailer I have in the shop.
    still need to get my hand on the 18ga nailer tho

One of my Sencos is an old roofing nailer from the early 90’s. It still works.

I have an old Bostich 15ga that needs a new trigger valve (have the part, but its been waiting to be fixed for over a year). Thing was used by a pro (specialty in staircases) for over 20 years

Functional tools would be a DeWalt 16ga and 18ga. They are reliable enough for the small number of nails each has shot, and were about $50 each, so a good value for my needs. I don’t much like the feeling of the 16ga, but good enough

Ian@RHWoodworking
    Pro
    Lakeville, MN

I got to use the senco 16ga angled finish nailer today. I shot a few nails into the small inside part of the casing and it didn’t split. The nail hole was only slightly bigger than the 18ga. I think if I could only have one gun that would be it. Makes it a much harder choice for a cordless gun. But the gun was a senco 33mp I think. I’d recommend it very light and still setting nails at 70 psi.

Trim carpenter at R.H. Woodworking out of Lakeville,MN. Specializing in Finnish carpentry and cabinet installation.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have 6 or 7 Hitachis and think they are the bees knees.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am really tempted to get in to the electrical nail gun as i don’t feel like bringing my air tools around. I just have to find the best one right now.

I am really tempted to get in to the electrical nail gun as i don’t feel like bringing my air tools around. I just have to find the best one right now.

Electrical? Or you mean cordless.
    I would like to go cordless, after seeing a couple of manufacturers starting to bring more out.
    I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Bosch comes out with the 18 volts nailers.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I’ve used a Bostitch for the past few years, and have used Hitachi in the past as well. Loved both, but unless my current Bostitch breaks I have no plans on replacing.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Electrical? Or you mean cordless.
    I would like to go cordless, after seeing a couple of manufacturers starting to bring more out.
    I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Bosch comes out with the 18 volts nailers.

lol yah i meant cordless, i think i was translating in my head directly from chinese to english hah. anyways apparently bosch does have an 18v one, i came across the
    https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-FNH180K-16-18-Volt-16-Gauge-Finish/dp/B0046ZRYOA
    FNH180K but i’ve never really seen it in person or heard much about it.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

lol yah i meant cordless, i think i was translating in my head directly from chinese to english hah. anyways apparently bosch does have an 18v one, i came across the

I think Dirty has that gun. Has had to have it replaced a few times.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I think Dirty has that gun. Has had to have it replaced a few times.

i thought he had a different model, well that is too bad. I guess i’ll check out the ryobi airstrike, it gets top marks. I am just testing the waters right now as i am heading out to do some trim, i just don’t want to lug everything with me.

My current lineup is all cordless Paslode nailers . The brand nailer , angle and straight finish gun . I don’t have any air finish guns .

Always willing to learn .

I own a few different brands. I have a Senco 18 gauge that I’ve had for over a year and no complaints, a 15 gauge Bostitch that is over 12 years old and just won’t die, and a Hitachi 23 gauge pin nailer, which is a great tool. I’d like to start getting cordless finish guns. I’ve heard the new DeWalt guns are great, can anyone confirm that? Or is Senco fusion still a great cordless gun?

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I like the older Sencos as well, and Porter Cable. I have a Ridgid 23G pinner that I have had good luck with

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

today at home depot i was looking at the dewalt smart point 16 gauge.. its fairly large for a 16 gauge especially when compared to my hitachi and porter cable… i bought the 18 gauge and love it.. i was considering it being my next 16 when the hitachi dies but based on the $260 price tag ill simply buy another hitachi off amazon which i can get shipped to my door for $180

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

My current lineup is all cordless Paslode nailers . The brand nailer , angle and straight finish gun . I don’t have any air finish guns .

are you talking about this line?
    https://www.amazon.ca/Paslode-901000-Gauge-Finish-Nailer/dp/B00005RHQM#productDetails

how is this gas? does it use little canisters of air?

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I like the older Sencos as well, and Porter Cable. I have a Ridgid 23G pinner that I have had good luck with

I also like the Porter Cable guns , The older ones were even better .Now I’m using a Bosch 16 gauge nailer .

I have 2 older Porter Cable 18g brad nailers that I really like. Then 2 older Senco 15g finish guns for larger stuff. We just switched to the discontinued Bosch 23g pinner…that thing is awesome!! So much better than the pos HF gun I was used to.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We just switched to the discontinued Bosch 23g pinner…that thing is awesome!!

Glad to see you really like the Bosch pinner Andrew. Wonder what model is replacing it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.350 seconds