dcsimg

What brand of finish nailer do you use?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

We have heard a lot of good about Hitachi guns here. I know that @dirtywhiteboy has some and they are solid.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have heard a lot of good about Hitachi guns here. I know that @dirtywhiteboy has some and they are solid.

Yes I do like my Hitachi guns. It seems like my little 18ga. is getting loose and leaving nails high too much. It is because of that I bought this green one.
    Well the green one sucked! It left so many nails high I felt like throwing it!! The green one went back to the tool shop for a full refund. They took it back to have the dealer look at it. The guy at the tool shop tried it out, tried a another one out. Compared it to a new Hitachi gun and the Hitachi was a better gun. It left fewer nails high. A lot fewer!! I got my money back for the green gun.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes I do like my Hitachi guns. It seems like my little 18ga. is getting loose and leaving nails high too much. It is because of that I bought this green one.
    Well the green one sucked! It left so many nails high I felt like throwing it!! The green one went back to the tool shop for a full refund. They took it back to have the dealer look at it. The guy at the tool shop tried it out, tried a another one out. Compared it to a new Hitachi gun and the Hitachi was a better gun. It left fewer nails high. A lot fewer!! I got my money back for the green gun.

That sir is a good review.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Well that’s to bad. I had seen some reviews of the Grex guns and people liked them.
    You gonna get another Hitachi gun now?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well that’s to bad. I had seen some reviews of the Grex guns and people liked them.
    You gonna get another Hitachi gun now?

I’ve had a Hitachi 18ga. the whole time. I was tring to get a better gun to upgrade to. I’m back with the Hitachi gun now.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve had a Hitachi 18ga. the whole time. I was tring to get a better gun to upgrade to. I’m back with the Hitachi gun now.

Sometimes that is how it works out. You already have the best tool. No harm in trying others though just to see.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Rovik
    Pro

I have only Bosch nailers.

Bosch 18 gauge crown stapler
    Bosch 18 gauge pin nailer
    Bosch 16 gauge pin nailer

I don`t have the Bosch 23 gauge nailer, but it is on my wish list 🙂

Norway

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I have porter cable for brads and pins but use the Bostitch for nails.

Only an angled finish gun. I replaced it with the newer “smart point” gun a couple of months ago. I really like it.
    http://bostitch.com/smart-point-nailers/

I dont like changing companies with guns because in addition to the expense of the gun I need to get new stock in nails. Having each size,plus galvanized and stainless adds up to more than the dam gun itself.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I have all Bostich finish nailers. They’re terrible. I have no defense, I should have replaced them years ago but there are things I don’t have at all that I am always hankering after. I should sledgehammer one tomorrow so I HAVE to buy a replacement.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

We recently got the Hitachi 15ga gun for $129. So far, we love it. Also got the Max for $99 before that. I like it, but the guys that use it a lot like the Hitachi better. We have had several of the old Sencos and they seemed to hold up for quite a while, but are more expensive to replace.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

What’s wrong with Bostitch? I have never tried different types, ones side by side but I have never had a problem either.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s the first time I’ve heard this complaint about the Green Buddy. I’ve had mine for a year and a half or so and its been flawless. Mine was old stock through..no idea if the more recent guns aren’t up to snuff. The place I bought mine used to sell them but stopped. I contacted them and they still had a couple after a period of not selling them…so I’m not sure exactly when it was made.

The only time I have nails left proud is if I have the gun on bump fire and don’t pull it off of the workpiece after firing a nail. It sounds strange, but there must be a reason…it does this frequently. Fire a nail and hold the gun against the wood rather than pulling it off…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

wow really dirty?? i thought the green buddy was supposed to be the best gun on the market. maybe you got a lemon? thats the nailer im planning on getting when my current paslode lite line 18 is about to die

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

What’s wrong with Bostitch? I have never tried different types, ones side by side but I have never had a problem either.

I’ve never had much luck with Bostitch nailers. I think they’re fairly cheap, both in price and quality. My 18ga has required frequent repairs and the 16ga has a number of little quirks. Considering that I only run a couple of boxes through them during a year, that’s a lot of problems.

No real complaints with the narrow crown stapler though. That one has cooperated.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The only time I have nails left proud is if I have the gun on bump fire and don’t pull it off of the workpiece after firing a nail. It sounds strange, but there must be a reason…it does this frequently. Fire a nail and hold the gun against the wood rather than pulling it off…

It was on the bump fire that this was happening. I use it on bump fire most all the time. It was checked beside another green grex and the other one did the same thing so the tools shop guy told me. I was bummed out but I’m over it now. I just bought a spring nail set and it’s great. I love it.

If you are looking for the best brad nailer kit, than roaming through all manufacturer’s websites might make you little overwhelmed.

Best Brad Nailer Reviews and Buying Guide of 2016 is here to help you out of this situation. On this website, you will find all your necessary information about the best brad nailer kits and their brands.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

christopherfastern

@christopherfastern
    we really aren’t in need of your website. We are a community of pros that use nail guns all day long for a living. We have real world experience with guns and all kinds of tools.
    In fact you look like

I see you list San Diego, California for a location but your IP# shows the Philippines????

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

christopherfastern

@christopherfastern we really aren’t in need of your website. We are a community of pros that use nail guns all day long for a living. We have real world experience with guns and all kinds of tools.
    In fact you look like

I see you list San Diego, California for a location but your IP# shows the Philippines????

i think he would’ve been more help had he actually posted some thoughts instead of hey come to my website. I won’t click on it.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ve never had much luck with Bostitch nailers. I think they’re fairly cheap, both in price and quality. My 18ga has required frequent repairs and the 16ga has a number of little quirks. Considering that I only run a couple of boxes through them during a year, that’s a lot of problems.

No real complaints with the narrow crown stapler though. That one has cooperated.

Same here, never any issues with Bostitch.
    I have a couple on name 18GA that are OK. A Rigid 16GA that did very well to start a Oak hardwood floor before pulling out the flooring stapler.

Had purchased a CH set and that very quickly went back to the big box store.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Ian@RHWoodworking
    Pro
    Lakeville, MN

I run a second 15 gauge and an old senco slp20 18 gauge brad nailer. It’s too bad their new guns are not as reliable as they used to be. I wish that little slp could shoot a 2 inch nail.

Trim carpenter at R.H. Woodworking out of Lakeville,MN. Specializing in Finnish carpentry and cabinet installation.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.358 seconds