dcsimg

What brand of finish nailer do you use?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Lots of hitachi lovers out there.

I’m guessing the PC nailers are the older ones?

Can’t answer for others, but mine are.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

They are good guns, hard to beat for the money.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

They are good guns, hard to beat for the money.

well said Ron I think Hitachi came in was cheap guns and grabbed a lot of market share over the last few years. Even though the guns are cheap they perform fairly well

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Well that answers that and not what I expected. Thanks guys for your 2 cents.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

18g Porter Cable (year old)
    23G Bosch pinner

Like them both, love the pinner

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Paslode, Bostitch, Porter Cable

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I have hitachi and porter cable. Looking to try the Bosch pinned soon

I use porter cable 18 and 16 and a bostitch 15. They don’t get thy much use but when they do they all work great still.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

What were your expectations, Please don’t leave us hanging. @MRenes

Curious what brand everyone uses for their finish nailers? I use bostich currently but thinking about selling my kit and buy a new quiter compressor and figured I’d buy some new guns as well.

If you don’t need a large compressor, the Rolair JC10 is really quite quiet. Rolair in general makes quality compressors that are not too loud… but it depends on how big you need yours to be!

I like my Bosch 23 gauge nailer – very impressive… though I have been waiting for a project to justify grabbing a Cadex or Grex nailer of sorts (18 or 23 ga)

John S

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I got a chance to use the Makita cordless 23 ga. today…gotta say, I was impressed.
    Drove every pin perfectly (Cadex pins) straight into mitered corners in 1/2″ mdf. Battery life was great (18v, 3.0 aH). I only wish the trigger was a little ‘looser’; it’s set up kind of like a circ saw trigger.
    Kind of a heavy pull if your reaching over the top of a mitered casing to drive a pin straight down.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

past nailers

porter cable 18 gauge, 16 gauge
    ridgid 23 gauge

current guns

paslode f18-2000 lite line 18 gauge x2
    bosch 18 gauge
    hitachi 16 gauge
    bosch 23 gauge

might be adding a bostich 15 gauge nailer to my arsenal shortly but im having a hard time finding any decent reviews about the gun

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I got a chance to use the Makita cordless 23 ga. today…gotta say, I was impressed.

How’s the balance affected by the battery? Sounds like a sweet tool though. Has anyone else used any of the newer cordless(battery) nailers?
    What did you think?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i havent tried out the newer ones but ive had several in hand lately as i was going to buy the senco.

according the brian campbell aka basswood, he rated the senco fusion as the best on the market, paslode impulse slightly behind it, hitachi, then dewalt, and bosch as the weakest

Thanks Jeff. It’s just curiosity as I doubt I will wear out the air nailers I already have. They get used a little here and there on my furniture projects compared to the daily use out on the job site you would put them through. Those Senco Fusions look nice but ouch on the price tag.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

your right, its why i held off on buying one, i was looking at the 16 gauge which would be over $500 with tax

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

How’s the balance affected by the battery? Sounds like a sweet tool though. Has anyone else used any of the newer cordless(battery) nailers?<br>
    What did you think?

I found it fairly bottom heavy (obviously, with an 18v 3 aH batt. on the base), but the overall weight was like that of a heavily built 18ga.
    I’d keep it on my belt or clipped on my pocket, because it is a bit tippy when placed on the floor; or just lay it on its side.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

What were your expectations, Please don’t leave us hanging. <ahref=”http://bethepro.com/members/mrenes/&#8221; rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”>@MRenes

I expected everyone to say pas lode or senco.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I do have a couple of Paslode 18 GA
    and a Senco 23Ga 2″ Pinner.

I also have Hitachi 18 Ga and Bostich 18Ga
    an old craftsman 16GA
    and Hitachi and Bostich 15 GA
    porter Cable 23 GA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Senco 42xp 15ga
    Bostitch 16ga
    Grex 18ga Green Buddy
    Bostitch 18ga
    Hitachi 18ga narrow crown stapler
    Bostitch 18ga stapler
    Senco FP11 23ga pinner
    Bosch 23ga pinner

Well, thats quite a few guns….The Bostitch stuff came in a kit with a compressor-they have all be relegated to back up duty at this point. Draw conclusions as you will from that…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.435 seconds