dcsimg

What are your Workshop Goals for 2019

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Ok now we are into 2019. What are your Workshop goals for 2019.

What projects you would like to do?

What tools you would like to buy?

What would you like to learn?

Feel free to add more.

I managed to get a few goals of my list. I would like to do a better job this year.

I still need to work on getting my Workshop organized for better work flow is top on my l.

Build a Outfeed /Assembly Table.

Build Lathe stand and so I can get my lathe working.

Get my new planer up and running.

Rebuild my 2300 Beaver Band saw.

I not sure if want to add too much more to my list as really want to get these done this year. Alot will depend on how much shop time I get.

Here is the link for 2018 thread:
    https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-your-workshop-goals-for-2018/

Lets hear what your goals are for 2019.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Interesting topics for sure.

I would like to get my Delta old iron shaper rebuilt (currently torn down the the last bolt).

Purchases – I would say a new CMS would be on the top of the list. I have a 12″ Dewalt that has been well used to the point it really should be retired.

Projects – too many to list at this point. A number of woodworking projects and with the recent addition of a welder to the shop, some metal projects are right around the corner.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Projects – too many to list at this point. A number of woodworking projects

I have a few myself. I didn’t bother to mention either.

Greg

Doobie

I’ve got some drawers I’ve been meaning to install in my shop that keep on getting deferred now for years. Maybe this year will be the year. Other than that, just the odd minor tweaks in my main shop may get done, but that’s a never ending thing that happens as I go along.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Other than some more cleanup and declutter (an ongoing issue with me) I’m pretty happy with my shop setup.

My sharpening area will be getting some attention to make it more accessible and user friendly and I will be beginning to do some turning this year.

It will be a more project oriented year for me.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Biggest goal for 2019 would be having more paid time in the shop.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

First is to replace my jointer blades with a Shelix cutterhead and then recalibrating the jointer to work great. Mine needs realignment.

Second is to clear up all the backlogged projects so the shop is cleared of all the half finished projects.

Third is to tear into some wood bowl blanks and make some bowls.

Unfortunately, it will probably take all year to get there with all the other things going on in my life.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Nice to see some Goals coming in guys!

Greg

I’d love to get the electric in the shop but the wife wants 4 windows and the skirting done which will probably eat up the budget. Other things I’d like to do is finish the work bench, maybe figure out some wood storage too. I have shop windows to trim out too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s always a good way to work , right at home.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That’s an excellent point Ron
    I’ve decided now that I’ll be 56 this year ef it all , I’m going to be working less , and trying to get projects finished at home.
    Don’t want to be in my later years and regret some of the decisions I made or didn’t make 🤔

Clev08
    Pro

My main workshop goal is to build an addition to my garage that I can use as a dedicated shop. Right now I have a one car garage and it is packed full and that’s without a car in it. I think the city will let me build 12ft by 14ft which will be small but it’s all I can do while we are in this house.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

My main workshop goal is to build an addition to my garage that I can use as a dedicated shop. Right now I have a one car garage and it is packed full and that’s without a car in it. I think the city will let me build 12ft by 14ft which will be small but it’s all I can do while we are in this house.

12 x 14 should take a lot of the strain off a one car garage.. Looking forward to some progress pics.

BTW nice to see you back.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

That’s always a good way to work , right at home.

Yes it is. Hard to beat the commute.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Clev08
    Pro

12 x 14 should take a lot of the strain off a one car garage.. Looking forward to some progress pics.

BTW nice to see you back.

Thanks, I had a hectic last five months between moving into a new house, student teaching, and graduating from college. But I think things will stay calm at least till summer lol

I think I am going to add on to my shop / garage this spring / summer, the zoning in my area limits my choices, as I had wanted to build a free standing structure, but I think my limitations mean that I will be adding on instead. In terms of tools and projects, hmmm, I think I want to focus on some challenging furniture projects to improve my techniques and in terms of big tools maybe a drum sander or bigger dust collector.

Will

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

As soon as it warms up get out there and back to work. Hard to get motivated when it’s cold out and in the garage.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I think I am going to add on to my shop / garage this spring / summer, the zoning in my area limits my choices, as I had wanted to build a free standing structure, but I think my limitations mean that I will be adding on instead. In terms of tools and projects, hmmm, I think I want to focus on some challenging furniture projects to improve my techniques and in terms of big tools maybe a drum sander or bigger dust collector.

More space would be nice. A drum sander or a bigger dust collector would be nice tools to get.

What kind & size of dust collector are you looking at?

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve decided now that I’ll be 56 this year ef it all , I’m going to be working less , and trying to get projects finished at home.
    Don’t want to be in my later years and regret some of the decisions I made or didn’t make 🤔

Maqn that’s old!. I’m not really digging this old age stuff.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Maqn that’s old!. I’m not really digging this old age stuff.

😂🤣 I hear you , I’m hoping someone invents a time machine soon

I’m not that bad DWB I can still bend down and tie my safety shoes lol

Ben Dover
    And his brother
    Phil macrackin
    😂🤣🤭🤭🤫

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.657 seconds