dcsimg

What are your Workshop Goals for 2018

This topic contains 143 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  bbernardesjr87 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 144 total)
  • Author

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

My shop is heated by my outdoor wood boiler, which is nice.

My shop goal right now is to build a new bench for woodworking. Something like the photo I attached is what I will build.

What type of work would you be mostly doing?

Well wood working in general I am just starting out, but I have been a licensed builder for over 25years.
    I will be making canoe paddles and fishing nets.

Any thoughts yet on what you will use to build it? Are there local mills you could use?

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it muffles the sound.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Still thinking about a mini lathe. Lots of times just need something small and just maybe I can find the floor space for one.

I think a lathe could be enjoyable. Not sure on the size I would get? But everything I read talks about how addicting turning is. People start with a small one then very shortly want a larger model.

I think a lathe could be a enjoyable. I wanted one for awhile and I found one 2 years ago. It has the separate motor. The motor was size for turning and the lathe stand wasn’t good shape. It came with a couple of accessories. I have yet to get set up as I have yet find a used motor for it as new motors are more money then I want spend.
    Also getting a grinder & sharpening jigs have not been in my budget. I am hoping to get going this year. I don’t have alot money in yet. I think I paid $50.00 for lathe accessories and lathe tools.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Well, a lathe for me is now on the back burner; I have found a new rabbit hole to go down. I am really enjoying carving so far so that and some joinery projects I have on the go will be my focus for a while. Good thing cause there really isn’t any money for a lathe.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Now we are 2 weeks into 2018. What are your Workshop goals for 2018.

What projects you would like to do?

What tools you would like to buy?

What would you like to learn?

Feel free to add more.

I wasn’t successful last year on my goals. So I thought I would try to see if I can do a better job this year.

I still need to work on getting my Workshop organized for better work flow.

Build a Outfeed /Assembly Table.

Build Lathe stand and so I can get my lathe working.

Rebuild my 2300 Beaver Band saw

Build a sanding station for my sanders.

I wouldn’t might getting some carving tools.

I want make other then start making Christmas gifts earlier then I have been.

I sure I will think of some stuff as this threads goes on.

Lets hear what your goals are for 2018. Maybe every couple of weeks. We give a update on how we are doing with our goals.

Well I closing completing one of my Workshop goals for 2018. I have buying some carving tools. I am waiting for order a arrive any day now. I have couple more buy and I should have all I need for now. Then let the fun begin.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

Although I’m building a small bench I am planning on an Nicholson bench build and have had the lumber for it since one week prior to my Son being born. In addition to that I am trying to complete two bookcases for a remodel of our downstairs bedroom and a large timber framed pergola. This is going to be a fun year

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am planning on an Nicholson bench build and have had the lumber for it

Great project you have planned. Hope you get started on it soon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I need to come up with a better way to store sheet goods in the shop. The cart I have works well (will hold 12- 3/4 sheets of ply) just takes up way to much room.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I need to come up with a better way to store sheet goods in the shop. The cart I have works well (will hold 12- 3/4 sheets of ply) just takes up way to much room.

Ditto really, I need to build an add-on or stand alone cold storage building for a bunch of stuff including hardwood and plywood, I just don’t have the room in the garage/shop. This still may not come to the top of the list this year due to the cost and other priorities, but it has to happen sometime.

Will

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Although I’m building a small bench I am planning on an Nicholson bench build and have had the lumber for it since one week prior to my Son being born. In addition to that I am trying to complete two bookcases for a remodel of our downstairs bedroom and a large timber framed pergola. This is going to be a fun year

Fun year for sure. The Nicholson bench is a really good concept.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Sounds like it will be a fun year. Good luck with your projects.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I made a raised wall rack for mine. It really paid off for me doing it that way.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

To have a workshop. Right now I am in a house that has been converted to a duplex that I am renting. Any small projects that I have done I do on the back patio. We are looking to move in the next few months I would like a place with a garage or shed to set up a shop in.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We are looking to move in the next few months I would like a place with a garage or shed to set up a shop in.

Since you will be renting soon look for a place with a work shop. Good luck

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

To have a workshop. Right now I am in a house that has been converted to a duplex that I am renting. Any small projects that I have done I do on the back patio. We are looking to move in the next few months I would like a place with a garage or shed to set up a shop in.

This almost the same set as mine. I too live a duplex. I am not renting. I own the the building. I do have shed which I used for storage. I workshop is 1/2 of the basement. It isn’t the greatest but works. There is plans of use moving in the future.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I made a raised wall rack for mine. It really paid off for me doing it that way.

Sounds interesting. Any pics Doobie?

Ron

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Some really good workshop ideas here.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There sure are, Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

He has a lot packed in a small shop. I do like the DC and compressor being down stairs.

Ron

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/S-AE9FkfBUY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

There is some good ideas in there for sure.

It seems to work for him.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Now we are 2 weeks into 2018. What are your Workshop goals for 2018.

What projects you would like to do?

What tools you would like to buy?

What would you like to learn?

Feel free to add more.

I wasn’t successful last year on my goals. So I thought I would try to see if I can do a better job this year.

I still need to work on getting my Workshop organized for better work flow.

Build a Outfeed /Assembly Table.

Build Lathe stand and so I can get my lathe working.

Rebuild my 2300 Beaver Band saw

Build a sanding station for my sanders.

I wouldn’t might getting some carving tools.

I want make other then start making Christmas gifts earlier then I have been.

I sure I will think of some stuff as this threads goes on.

Lets hear what your goals are for 2018. Maybe every couple of weeks. We give a update on how we are doing with our goals.

Well looks like have reached a goal for 2018. I have purchase some Carving Tools. I just need to build a carving bench. Then I can start. I presently in the process working on getting my workshop organized.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.076 seconds