dcsimg

What are your Workshop Goals for 2017

This topic contains 200 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  GTokley 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 201 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Come out of temp retirement

That’s great Ed. I do hope you can find some time to enjoy a little of it in the shop.

Absolutely, have to we have to start a Keter table testers club

I’m game. lol As a matter a fact i used mine a little today.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Here are some progress pics. The carcase is pine with a 3/4″ Baltic birch back set into 3/8 x 3/8 dados. One of the dovetails is 1/8″ wider than the others to allow for the box to be cut after assembly and hinged.

The front panel is dry assembled so far. It still needs sanding before final assembly and mounting to the box.

It looking pretty good Peter. Looking forward to seeing the finish product.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

well i hit one point of my workshop goals, i found a new workshop. now to move stuff in and organize, i wish i knew what the exact pricing of the levrack is.

The 8X8X4 is $3500 USD

I expect shipping wouldn’t be cheap either.

I looked into it at one point, but it would be cheaper to buy a shed

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

well i hit one point of my workshop goals, i found a new workshop. now to move stuff in and organize, i wish i knew what the exact pricing of the levrack is.

OK tell me; where is it? how big? pics?

Yes,..inquiring minds want to know. I assume it comes with a house for you and the family?

And what is a Levrack?

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The front panel is dry assembled so far. It still needs sanding before final assembly and mounting to the box.

@smallerstick,
    Nice job on the front panel. Can’t wait to see it all together. (thumbs up)

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

It has been a few months so I was wondering on everyone is doing with Workshop Goals for 2017. I don’t want to see this thread buried. I will try keep it going til the end of the year.

As for me not much has a changed as I don’t see have much free time with summer and stuff going on the weekend. Yes the weekends are only 2 days. Having work overtime on Saturdays. There is much time for me right now.

I am just wondering how everyone else is doing. Also for the new member please feel free to add your Workshop Goals for 2017.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Well, it’s 7 months into the year; I have finished 2 tool cabinets, added a Unifence to my saw and added a couple of planes to the collection. I still am looking for a shoulder plane but I just got a Stanley #140; a skew block plane which should do as a shoulder plane til one comes along. The skew angle needs to be reground but everything else should work well. The removable side plate has gone missing but no big deal for me.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Well it looks like you have few things off you list Peter. I hope you find a shoulder plane.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well, it’s 7 months into the year; I have finished 2 tool cabinets, added a Unifence to my saw and added a couple of planes to the collection

Looks like your list is moving right along. Those are sure nice planes.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

OLD THREAD WARNING

OLD THREAD WARNING

Well it has been a few months since I posted on this thread. I haven’t had much luck with getting much done on my Workshop Goals. It has been a very busy summer for me. The year is not over so we will see what I can get done in the up coming months.

Here is my list of Workshop goals for 2017.

Now we are 2 weeks in 2017. What are your Workshop goals for 2017.

What projects you would like to do?

What tools you would like to buy?

What would you like to learn?

Feel free to add more.

I would like work on getting my Workshop organized for better work flow.
    Build a Workbench /Assembly Table.
    Build Lathe stand and so I can get my lathe working.
    Rebuild my 2300 Beaver Band saw
    Build a sanding station for my sanders.

I don’t know of any tools I would like to buy as of now.

I would like learn Sketch up.

I sure I will think of some stuff as this threads goes on.

Greg

Greg

I would like to get the rest of the insulation done but will settle for adding one more bundle and a sheet of OSB on the wall where I want to mount a cabinet I have sitting on the floor. The deck build sapped the budget this year.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I got a few workshop improvememts done so far this year. Still have some drawers I need to build but more recently, I bought a new bandsaw fence system that’s been sitting there for weeks now waiting to be installed. Just haven’t found the time to get it installed.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I would like to add one to my list; I want to build a new outfeed table for my Unisaw.

It will be a combination outfeed table/assembly table/workbench. Still working out the details but with my small shop, I need to economize on space but still be able to do the work.

https://www.instagram.com/woodiworkshop/

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I would like to add one to my list; I want to build a new outfeed table for my Unisaw.

It will be a combination outfeed table/assembly table/workbench. Still working out the details but with my small shop, I need to economize on space but still be able to do the work.

That would be nice to have in a workshop. I have thinking about something the same. I have never settle on a design. Also I am not sure how long I will be living here. I am thinking I might just hold of off on this for awhile.

Greg

I am hoping to get my dining chairs complete – they are all built and shaped and it is just sanding, sanding and more sanding…probably another 40 – 50 hours or so of sanding to go…

Orange County, CA

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I am hoping to get my dining chairs complete – they are all built and shaped and it is just sanding, sanding and more sanding…probably another 40 – 50 hours or so of sanding to go…

I figured you would have finished the chairs by now. That’s still a bunch of sanding to do. And I don’t know many that look forward to it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

You’re a better man than I. My parents asked me to either fix their old chairs or build new. I patched them for another few months (thats about all the meat left in those tenons) and convinced them to just buy a set – but to take their time

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I’ve been hoping to get a CNC. The brand I’m interested in is now being sold in Canada. Big purchase though. Still thinking about it.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

I figured you would have finished the chairs by now. That’s still a bunch of sanding to do. And I don’t know many that look forward to it.

Yeah – I would have thought I would be done by now too, LOL, as would my wife. But, life, work and everything else gets in the way sometimes. I am happy to report they are all constructed and rough sanding is nearly complete. All shaping is done and not it is a matter of working through the grits – so I am hopeful that within the next few months I will be putting finish on! This has been a project for sure and when I am done it will have been 5 chairs in total that I built – the one I started with I did not like how the front legs turned out so I put that one in a guest room and built four more from scratch.

Orange County, CA

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I have accomplished to park at least 2 cars back in the garage/shop. for a 1year (or longer) it was just not possible. I still have to arrange and organize couple shelves. finish drywall on one side and change/add a few outlets. I am still looking forward to build a miter saw station, maybe with some lboxx drawers or just a lboxx cabinet with pull out drawers.

So true ToolJunkie 😛 same here.

life, work and everything else gets in the way sometimes

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 201 total)

The topic ‘What are your Workshop Goals for 2017’ is closed to new replies.

queries. 2.562 seconds