dcsimg

What are your Workshop/Business Goals for 2020

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author

My shop has been squeezed into a tiny spot in the garage

Hard to go from a big to a smaller shop. Nice you have plans to expand though. Most guys who have migrated to a smaller shop say the key is putting wheels on everything and only dragging out what you plan to use. Check out the this video.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”Getting The Most of Your Small workshop – Put Wheels on it” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/vIzDblmz_T8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Thanks for the video Bill , that’s actually one of the reasons I wanted my Bosch miter and table saw on the gravity rise stands , I just have to make a mobile work bench eventually.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I guess right now it’s to survive and get things done until we get things rolling and some income coming in…lol.

You workshop isn’t bad shape. You can use all your tools.

Mine that is a different story. LOL!!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It’s going to be nice to have a bigger shop eventually , I bet you can’t wait to have all your tools and stuff in the new shop ,

Yes it will be nice to eventually have a bigger shop. Just not sure when this will take place. Hopefully it can happen 2021. Your right I can’t wait to have my tools in new smaller shop. I really miss not having my table saw here.

That must really suck when you have to go back to a tiny spot in the garage. It is still better then not having any space.

Yeah I never really look forward to that , for example , I’ll be redoing the small powder room on the first floor now , but have to spend a bit of time moving the car’s out , then pulling out all the things I need , takes more time pulling out tool’s and things , then replacing everything than sometimes the actual work , it gets annoying sometimes , but I have to remember , at least I have a good space for working.

Yes I am sure it is frustrating that it takes longer to get tools set up then to do the job. I think I would lose my my mind if I had do this every time. But like I said is better then not having a space to do any work in.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Hard to go from a big to a smaller shop. Nice you have plans to expand though. Most guys who have migrated to a smaller shop say the key is putting wheels on everything and only dragging out what you plan to use. Check out the this video.

<iframe title=”Getting The Most of Your Small workshop – Put Wheels on it” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/vIzDblmz_T8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Yes I am going from a bigger shop to a smaller shop. I have plans to either expand the present shop or build a garage.

I have alot of mobile bases on some of my tools. I will have check this video out.

Greg

It’s going to be nice to have a bigger shop eventually , I bet you can’t wait to have all your tools and stuff in the new shop ,

Yes it will be nice to eventually have a bigger shop. Just not sure when this will take place. Hopefully it can happen 2021. Your right I can’t wait to have my tools in new smaller shop. I really miss not having my table saw here.

That must really suck when you have to go back to a tiny spot in the garage. It is still better then not having any space.

Yeah I never really look forward to that , for example , I’ll be redoing the small powder room on the first floor now , but have to spend a bit of time moving the car’s out , then pulling out all the things I need , takes more time pulling out tool’s and things , then replacing everything than sometimes the actual work , it gets annoying sometimes , but I have to remember , at least I have a good space for working.

Yes I am sure it is frustrating that it takes longer to get tools set up then to do the job. I think I would lose my my mind if I had do this every time. But like I said is better then not having a space to do any work in.

It’s not that bad , I definitely could be worse , I’ve worked on clients houses years ago , in the winter and they had no dedicated place to work , that’s definitely challenging lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It’s not that bad , I definitely could be worse

I am sure not that bad and yes it could be worse.

in the winter and they had no dedicated place to work , that’s definitely challenging lol

Yes I am sure this would be challenging.

I have worked on my vehicles outdoors in the winter. I know what it is like. I have had where worked outdoors in the winter.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

</figure>

I did check out this video and like what he had to say. I found that his shop didn’t look that small. I asked the YouTuber what size his shop was. It turns his shop is 14 x 33. I guess to some this might be a small shop. I would this shop size not a bad size. With my shop size 12 x 14 that’s small. LOL!!

Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.207 seconds