dcsimg

What are your Workshop/Business Goals for 2020

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    BetaCNC
    Pro

I am a novice engaged in BETA CNC Router, I am working hard to learn the relevant knowledge of CNC Router and strive to provide customers with the best service and the most professional answers. I hope I can learn more about this forum and help more people.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I am working hard to learn the relevant knowledge of CNC Router

Check out Mark Lindsay CNC channel on YouTube. He has live lessons and all of them are at his channel. Very in depth knowledge and will answer questions. Drop my name to him, he knows who I am (Jim Dockrell).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrMqMabXS5_cFcq5K9Ob-w

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I second YouTube, you can learn brain surgery on YouTube LOL. I have learned to do a lot by watching a video and following along.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I second YouTube, you can learn brain surgery on YouTube LOL. I have learned to do a lot by watching a video and following along.

Yeah , you definitely can pick up some great stuff , but also have to be careful ,
    I’ve YouTube things for car repair and maintenance , good info , plus plenty of tricks for woodworking and one of the best I like are reviewing of products I’m interested in

Doobie

Yeah , you definitely can pick up some great stuff , but also have to be careful ,

I agree. Just because somebody does a really nice video doesn’t mean it’s not riddled with bad advice.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I’ve YouTube things for car repair and maintenance ,

I too have used Youtube for this kinda stuff. It has helped alot getting the job done.

Just because somebody does a really nice video doesn’t mean it’s not riddled with bad advice.

True. Some people are just trying make content. Something that comes to mine. I watch this guy all the time. He has a pretty good channel. He was having a issue with his brakes. His brakes were squealing. So he thought put grease in the bleeder screw on the caliper. Not knowing any different he thought it would fix the problem. After reading the viewers comments he realized it wasn’t a grease fitting and was bleeder screw. On his next video he explained that he made a mistake by adding grease to the bleeder screw.
    I also watch YouTube for entertainment instead of watch the stuff that is TV.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

Hi guys, It’s been a while. Good to see some familiar names. Hope you are all doing well. I have been starting a consulting company on the side, for Remodelers and Design Remodelers. Helping them out with their businesses. I had a break from the startup with the virus and wanted to check back in. Things have changed around here. I’m trying to get my bearings.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I had a break from the startup with the virus and wanted to check back in. Things have changed around here. I’m trying to get my bearings.

Rob nice to see you back. Hope you get back on your feet quickly and recover fully. Always look forward to your insight.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hi guys, It’s been a while. Good to see some familiar names. Hope you are all doing well. I have been starting a consulting company on the side, for Remodelers and Design Remodelers. Helping them out with their businesses. I had a break from the startup with the virus and wanted to check back in. Things have changed around here. I’m trying to get my bearings.

Sounds interesting , can I ask what sort of consultation do you offer , is it construction wise , or more on the financial side

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

I consult with Remodelers and Design & Remodeling companies. I have Annual clients, teach 3 day and 1 day workshops. ‘27 things you need to know to run a Remodeling business.’ I also started a Facebook group for the same this year called – ‘Remodel It’ and write a blog type post each week that goes out to 40k Remodelers. Most consultants deal with sales and marketing…I deal with the operating system of the whole business.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Most consultants deal with sales and marketing…I deal with the operating system of the whole business.

Rob you’re right there. There is a need to teach guys the whole system of business.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I consult with Remodelers and Design & Remodeling companies. I have Annual clients, teach 3 day and 1 day workshops. ‘27 things you need to know to run a Remodeling business.’ I also started a Facebook group for the same this year called – ‘Remodel It’ and write a blog type post each week that goes out to 40k Remodelers. Most consultants deal with sales and marketing…I deal with the operating system of the whole business.

Thanks for the information , sounds like you have a great system in place , definitely lots more if running a business than just doing the work , especially in design and remodeling
    I went to check out the Facebook page , looks good , can anyone join the group.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My goal this year is get more shop time. Get back to organizing the shop. I might add some goals as we go. Going try and keep my goal list short this year.

I won’t be organizing my present shop this year with purchase of our new place in the fall there there is no point. I need to plan on building a garage/workshop. Just hope I can get a garage built this fall.

Alot has change since the beginning of the year. Early summer we bought a new home. This place doesn’t have a garage. But does have a smaller workshop. I want to build a garage when we first bought this place. I have since thought it might not be possible this year due time and budget. Also I am not sure I want take up that much back yard by building a garage. I have also thought about building addition on to the workshop. As we get closer to our closing date I have alot to think about.

Greg

redwood
    Pro

I’m just still trying to stay semi retired. It looks like I will make it to the end of the year.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My goal this year is get more shop time. Get back to organizing the shop. I might add some goals as we go. Going try and keep my goal list short this year.

I thought I would do a update on my goals for 2020. I did some organizing in the workshop. Then I gave up when we were on the hunt for a new place. We bought a new place in June 2020. But we didn’t take ownership of the new place til the end of September. The new place has a small workshop. There is plans to build a new workshop/garage.

I have yet to get the new workshop set up. I have busy doing renos on the new place. Doing work on the old place to get ready to rent it out. I still need to move my tools from old workshop to my new workshop.

Greg

I thought I would do a update on my goals for 2020. I did some organizing in the workshop. Then I gave up when we were on the hunt for a new place. We bought a new place in June 2020. But we didn’t take ownership of the new place til the end of September. The new place has a small workshop. There is plans to build a new workshop/garage.

I have yet to get the new workshop set up. I have busy doing renos on the new place. Doing work on the old place to get ready to rent it out. I still need to move my tools from old workshop to my new workshop.

It’s going to be nice to have a bigger shop eventually , I bet you can’t wait to have all your tools and stuff in the new shop ,
    My shop has been squeezed into a tiny spot in the garage 😭 I like the months from April to November , that’s when I get my garage back ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It’s going to be nice to have a bigger shop eventually , I bet you can’t wait to have all your tools and stuff in the new shop ,

Yes it will be nice to eventually have a bigger shop. Just not sure when this will take place. Hopefully it can happen 2021. Your right I can’t wait to have my tools in new smaller shop. I really miss not having my table saw here.

My shop has been squeezed into a tiny spot in the garage

That must really suck when you have to go back to a tiny spot in the garage. It is still better then not having any space.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I guess right now it’s to survive and get things done until we get things rolling and some income coming in…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hard to go from a big to a smaller shop. Nice you have plans to expand though. Most guys who have migrated to a smaller shop say the key is putting wheels on everything and only dragging out what you plan to use. Check out the this video.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes it will be nice to eventually have a bigger shop. Just not sure when this will take place. Hopefully it can happen 2021. Your right I can’t wait to have my tools in new smaller shop. I really miss not having my table saw here.

That must really suck when you have to go back to a tiny spot in the garage. It is still better then not having any space.

Yeah I never really look forward to that , for example , I’ll be redoing the small powder room on the first floor now , but have to spend a bit of time moving the car’s out , then pulling out all the things I need , takes more time pulling out tool’s and things , then replacing everything than sometimes the actual work , it gets annoying sometimes , but I have to remember , at least I have a good space for working.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.330 seconds