dcsimg

What are your Workshop/Business Goals for 2020

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Author

To buy a new table saw or track saw, preferably a new Bosch table saw or Festool track saw. Then renovate my working area to maximize my space.

Sounds like a nice plan , I have the bosch table saw , I like it lots , but if I eventually buy a track Saw , I can see the table saw getting used less , but they definitely both have their places.

@GTokley Thanks for the suggestion, Greg.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

@GTokley Thanks for the suggestion, Greg.

Your welcome. Let’s know what you get.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My goal this year is get more shop time. Get back to organizing the shop. I might add some goals as we go. Going try and keep my goal list short this year.

I won’t be organizing my present shop this year with purchase of our new place in the fall there there is no point. I need to plan on building a garage/workshop. Just hope I can get a garage built this fall.

Greg

Hi Greg, I was reading this article https://www.toolazine.com/circular-saw-vs-track-saw/ and thinking to buy a Festool TS 55 REQ. Is this better than a Bosch table saw, any idea? Torn between a Bosch 4100-09 table saw because I also see some model at the same site https://www.toolazine.com/best-table-saw-for-any-budget-top-rated-under-200-300-400-500-600-and-1000-dollars-contractor-portable-jobsite-benchtop-reviews/ that might save me some cash. Any recommendation is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just hope I can get a garage built this fall.

That would be nice to get one up before the snow flies.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My goal this year is get more shop time. Get back to organizing the shop. I might add some goals as we go. Going try and keep my goal list short this year.

I won’t be organizing my present shop this year with purchase of our new place in the fall there there is no point. I need to plan on building a garage/workshop. Just hope I can get a garage built this fall.

Good luck with that Greg , would be nice to have a separate garage /shop ,

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I guess finding a new place to set up shop has become my goal. Hoping for an outbuilding wherever we end up, but I’ll settle for a basement.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

@jimDaddyO
    Hope you find something that suits you Jim ,
    If you don’t find anything , would you consider building another one

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

That will all depend on budget….as always…lol.

We intend on getting something that needs a bit of work, so a work area is almost a must have. I guess it will be fodder for my Youtube channel as well.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Hi Greg, I was reading this article https://www.toolazine.com/circular-saw-vs-track-saw/ and thinking to buy a Festool TS 55 REQ. Is this better than a Bosch table saw, any idea? Torn between a Bosch 4100-09 table saw because I also see some model at the same site https://www.toolazine.com/best-table-saw-for-any-budget-top-rated-under-200-300-400-500-600-and-1000-dollars-contractor-portable-jobsite-benchtop-reviews/ that might save me some cash. Any recommendation is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I don’t alot about this track saw or any track saw as far as that goes. I know Festool are pretty pricey tools. I know a Bosch TS isn’t as expensive as Festool track saw.

Have you looked a buying used Table saw. I bought a new contractor saw about 6 years ago. This decent saw with a cast iron top. At the time when I was looking for a Table saw I was advice to buy a good used table saw. I wish would searched out a deal on good used table saw.

Maybe some other members can help out here.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Good luck with that Greg , would be nice to have a separate garage /shop ,

It sure will be nice to have separate garage/workshop. The new place does have 12 x 14 workshop in the backyard. So I am not really stuck with a shop. I might just build on to it. Alot depends on time and budget.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I guess finding a new place to set up shop has become my goal. Hoping for an outbuilding wherever we end up, but I’ll settle for a basement.

To be honest i don’t like my basement workshop. It is better then nothing. But as got more tools it just doesn’t work. It was always suppose be a temporary workshop with plans on moving to a new place. That just took longer then planned.

Any leads on a new place Jim?

Greg

That will all depend on budget….as always…lol.

We intend on getting something that needs a bit of work, so a work area is almost a must have. I guess it will be fodder for my Youtube channel as well.

Definitely , budget has everything to do with it , I’m hoping you guys get most of what you want , I’ll definitely be looking forward to seeing you here and on your YouTube channel. Once again Jim good luck to you and your wife Jim.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got an email from the realtor and I guess there is some interest in the place. Then got a phone call tonight, he has people who want to look at it Saturday. It’s only been on the market 4 days.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Got an email from the realtor and I guess there is some interest in the place. Then got a phone call tonight, he has people who want to look at it Saturday. It’s only been on the market 4 days.

This is a good sign Jim. Most places we look at sold less then a week including the place we bought.

Greg

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Dang JDO, didn’t know you were in the process of moving. Best of luck in finding a property with a nice workspace area.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

That’s great news Jim 👍

Doobie

👍

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

he has people who want to look at it Saturday. It’s only been on the market 4 days.

Part of that red hot real estate market. Maybe you’ll get into a bidding war.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.273 seconds