dcsimg

What are your Workshop/Business Goals for 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Ok now we are into 2020. What are your Workshop/Business goals for 2020.

I started doing this thread a few years I thought try it again and see how goes. I have also add business to the tile to try get more members involved.

What projects you would like to do?

What tools you would like to buy?

What would you like to learn?

Feel free to add more add more questions.
    Let’s hear them goals!

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-your-workshop-goals-for-2019/

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I would like to buy a few more tools this year
    Maybe a track Saw , and the new Bosch cordless circular saw and miter saw
    Plus would be nice to buy a cordless router , still not sure of the brand

As per workshop , I mainly work out of the garage , I have to get rid of lots of useless things that are using up space

And another goal is to try to slow down on the hours I’m working , and spend more time in the garage trying to build little projects , and hopefully find time to update the house.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Plans for now:

Possibly a new day job, maybe back into the trades. Been out for the last 5 years working recycling. The state just opened up a facility a hour away and it’s pretty much turning what was a full time with constant overtime job into a part time job(lost the primary customer and 1/3-1/2 out incoming material). I did have an interview set up this week for a machine shop job, but turned it down as I felt the type of shop wasn’t a good fit. I feel I would fit in better in a manual job shop(repairs) and they are more a CNC manufacturing shop, from what I can find out. I also kind of want to see how this plays out as it’s only been 2 weeks of this new schedule/lack of work.

Also hoping to get back into the video production game. I started a Youtube channel, back about 6 years ago, but with the Adpocalypse, and getting demonitized due to my channel not being big enough(wasn’t geting rich, only made $25.45 in 18 months, but at least it was something to show for the work put in) at the start of 2018, kind of demotivated me until I gave up. Just started a channel on LBRY.TV, and once the weather warms up, I’ll get back into the shop and maybe make some new videos, for both platforms. I should have time with the new lack of work.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Possibly a new day job, maybe back into the trades.

Hope all works out for you Dustin. Sounds like a good time to get out of the place your presently employed.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@Dustincoc
    Wow lots of changes going on ,
    Good luck with your job hunting ,
    To bad about that new schedule and workload at your present work
    Hopefully it works out for you.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

We are still getting settled into our new place. Moved in 5 months ago but have been doing some work as we go…I want/need to get my shop space (detached 2 car garage) opened up and set up but that was the best staging area for a good bit of our stuff and that process still isn’t done…Been crazy busy and honestly haven’t had enough time to tackle it.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

One goal.

Get the electric feed to the shop.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Hoping to get a metal lathe.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man that and a milling machine has been on my list like forever. Problem is not money per se but floor space.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I haven’t forgotten about you , we still have not put anything out for sale yet.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My goal this year is get more shop time. Get back to organizing the shop. I might add some goals as we go. Going try and keep my goal list short this year.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Going try and keep my goal list short this year.

Shorter lists are better. If you run out of things to do you can always add to it later.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Shorter lists are better. If you run out of things to do you can always add to it later.

I agree shorter lists are better. I may add more to the list later. I honestly haven’t given alot of thought lately. I have other things to think about.

Greg

Wow , what a week , I’m not sure where to put this.
    Lots of people co workers /friends with health issues.
    Where to start ,
    After seeing my friends and colleagues falling ill and basically hearing the news that it’s pretty much the end of the road ,
    I’ve decided to back off the overtime and to many hours of extra work.
    So I’ll take more time for myself and family , I’ve been having hip pain and a very sore shoulder , I am taking weekends off to try to heel , I have been doing physio and a few other things.
    Point is life is too short , so I’m going to be trying to spend more time with my family, and doing more home and family projects , so hopefully I’ll get much more time in the garage / shop.
    Might take a cut on the tools budget , but hey can’t have everything.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Wow , what a week , I’m not sure where to put this.
    Lots of people co workers /friends with health issues.
    Where to start ,
    After seeing my friends and colleagues falling ill and basically hearing the news that it’s pretty much the end of the road ,
    I’ve decided to back off the overtime and to many hours of extra work.
    So I’ll take more time for myself and family , I’ve been having hip pain and a very sore shoulder , I am taking weekends off to try to heel , I have been doing physio and a few other things.
    Point is life is too short , so I’m going to be trying to spend more time with my family, and doing more home and family projects , so hopefully I’ll get much more time in the garage / shop.
    Might take a cut on the tools budget , but hey can’t have everything.

This something I have done for along time. My work week is 40 hours. I do work the odd Saturday. My health & time with family is more important to me. I too have been having some health issues.

Greg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.356 seconds