dcsimg

What are your favourite socks for work?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The only negative about the Keen socks is that they don’t make ankle socks!

The ones that are just above the ankle are the shortest they offer. On the other hand, they have some “over the calf” socks for when it’s really cold.

Not a deal breaker for work socks. I do like to wear ankle socks with my sneakers.

I’m not really hot weather friendly, so the shorter socks are a must for me!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The only negative about the Keen socks is that they don’t make ankle socks!

The ones that are just above the ankle are the shortest they offer. On the other hand, they have some “over the calf” socks for when it’s really cold.

Not a deal breaker for work socks. I do like to wear ankle socks with my sneakers.

I never use ankle socks,,, well some times I do. I have in fact just started using ankle socks but never for work.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I rarely wear anything but gold toe ankle height athletic sock. when I am out hunting I wear a little heavier wool sock. I will check out some Keens. I did just pick up some polo lighter ankle high athletic socks also. they seem to make my feet hot however

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

What kind of material are the keen socks made of?

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I was just looking at them on Amazon, one of them said 100% polyester, and then there were some I couldn’t find anything about the materials. They come in left and right, which I find interesting.

edit: Looking some more, looks like they make some with merino wool, sound similar to the Darn Tough socks I wear.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I was just looking at them on Amazon, one of them said 100% polyester, and then there were some I couldn’t find anything about the materials. They come in left and right, which I find interesting.

I don’t know if I like the idea of 100% polyester, part of the reason I switched to merino wool socks was to get away from the mostly synthetic materials. It seems like any polyester socks make my feet sweat like crazy.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I don’t know if I like the idea of 100% polyester, part of the reason I switched to merino wool socks was to get away from the mostly synthetic materials. It seems like any polyester socks make my feet sweat like crazy.

Yes, I agree on wool being better for that.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I was looking at the product page for the pair that Jim linked. It doesn’t say what quantities of the different materials are used, they are definitely made up of some percentage of merino wool though. Interestingly enough they also offer a lifetime warranty but they don’t really go into any specifics on that

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Sorry it wasn’t actually the pair that Jim linked, it was a different pair with a similar name. Also it says guaranteed for life so I’m not sure if that’s the same as a lifetime warranty. If anyone has any more information on that maybe you can let us know

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-DURA-ZONE-MEDIUM-CREW.html?dwvar_M-DURA-ZONE-MEDIUM-CREW_color=1011870&cgid=

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Sorry it wasn’t actually the pair that Jim linked, it was a different pair with a similar name. Also it says guaranteed for life so I’m not sure if that’s the same as a lifetime warranty. If anyone has any more information on that maybe you can let us know

https://www.keenfootwear.com/p/M-DURA-ZONE-MEDIUM-CREW.html?dwvar_M-DURA-ZONE-MEDIUM-CREW_color=1011870&cgid=

This interesting that the socks are guaranteed for life.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I sent them a message via Facebook asking for some more information so we’ll see what they respond with

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I sent them a message via Facebook asking for some more information so we’ll see what they respond with

Look forward hearing what they got say.

Greg

I used to be pretty much SmartWool, but for the last year or so I have been switching over to DarnTough, and they are my current favorite. That said I expect those south of the border will have a very different environment and opinion.

Will

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I used to be pretty much SmartWool, but for the last year or so I have been switching over to DarnTough, and they are my current favorite. That said I expect those south of the border will have a very different environment and opinion.

I do own one pair of SmartWool, I don’t feel like they are quite the same quality of Darn Tough though. The one pair that I have is starting to really wear down around the heel area. It’s nice knowing that with the Darn Tough socks if they ever get a hole I can return them for a brand new pair.

I have used the typical Costco black socks, they used to be by Kodiak, not sure if they still are,
    And I have also tried the I think they are Dakota brand,
    And another name, I forgot, all those dry wear or whatever they claim to be,

Nothing has helped me keep my feet dry, always come home with stinky sweating feet,
    I actually change my socks late afternoon, just to keep them dry

My wife laughs her head off, she said I just washed you’re 50 pairs of socks lol

I will have to check some of your recommendation, those Keens sound interesting.

I can’t remember the brand my wife bought me, pretty expensive, Suppose to keep your feet warm and dry,
    Not for me.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Well I got a response from keen but it wasn’t quite what I expected, in fact I found it a bit underwhelming. I asked specifically for an explanation on what the warranty includes and I didn’t get much of an answer at all. They told me that if I had any warranty issues that I could fill out the warranty form on the website and somebody from the company would contact me. I don’t understand why they can’t just give me an explanation on what the warranty includes. It would be nice if they actually had a rep from the company here on a site that they sponsor instead of making us jump through hoops to get questions answered. Maybe @bethepro can get someone who knows a little more to stop by and answer some questions for us.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is too bad they never really answered you question.

Greg

I have been buying from Duluth Trading Co. So far so good. My Smartwool socks have shrunk with use versus the Duluth remaining true. Carhartt made a sock that I really loved but I can no longer find them for sale.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

In the colder months I’m all about the T-Max socks from Marks Work Warehouse. I’ve never felt cold in them. In the summer I just wear long cotton socks in my work boots.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

In the colder months I’m all about the T-Max socks from Marks Work Warehouse. I’ve never felt cold in them. In the summer I just wear long cotton socks in my work boots.

I like the t max socks too, my only complaint would be they wear out a little too quick. Definitely some of the warmest socks around though

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.497 seconds