dcsimg

What are your favourite socks for work?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’ve been trying out a few different kinds of socks lately for wearing with my steel toe boots at work. I tried a few different kinds like Dakota and helly Hanson, in the end I found they made my feet too warm and didn’t keep them dry. One of my friends recommended that I try out some Marino wool blends because they wick moisture very well. I ended up getting a few pairs made by Ballston, Smartwool and Darn Tough. The Darn Tough socks are my favourite so far, it’s also nice that they come with a lifetime warranty. Just wondering what everyone else can recommend.

Clev08
    Pro

I always wear Nike dry fit elite basketball socks. They are made for athletes that sweat a lot, and in my work shoes, my feet sweat a lot. I haven’t worn a cotton sock in years, just these.
    https://www.nike.com/t/dry-elite-15-crew-basketball-socks-bkTvk8zA/SX5593-480

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have some Dickies ones with Kevlar in them that have held up very well.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Are they bulletproof? I am a big fan of my KEEN Footwear Pittsburgh Dura Zone socks. Not too heavy and don’t make your feet sweat. What more do you want from a pair of socks?

Jim

Attachments:

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Are they bulletproof? I am a big fan of my KEEN Footwear Pittsburgh Dura Zone socks. Not too heavy and don’t make your feet sweat. What more do you want from a pair of socks?

Jim

They look pretty good I’ll have to see if they are available in my area

I just use some socks I got from Cosco, they’re thick and wick water pretty well. They have a break in period but become quite comfy after a few wears. P.s. always wash your socks before wearing them for the first time, soaking your feet in formaldehyde at work all day is just not a good idea.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I agree with Jim. Keen socks are impossible to beat. They have a couple different thicknesses for colder/warmer weather, they fit really well, and they actually stay UP and don’t slouch down my leg.

I probably have 20 pairs…the wife likes them so much, I started buying the ladies version for her!

Just an FYI, 2-3 times a year they run a 50% off sale on their socks! Just before Christmas, as well as other random times throughout the year.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I didn’t even know that Keen made socks…I will have to give them a try. I am a big fan of Darn Tough socks, that is about all I wear. I am tough on socks, I usually wear them out pretty quick but the Darn Tough socks are still going strong and I have had a couple pair for 2 years now.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Jim

Unfortunately I usually can’t afford to even try the nice stuff like this that are sold on manufacturor’s websites as the shipping to Hawaii can get pretty expensive. So Amazon usually wins with the free shipping on orders over $50, I just checked and they don’t sell Keen socks.

Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% Attitude.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Jim

Didn’t know Keen made socks. I will have to look into getting a couple pairs to try out.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I have wear Hanes FreshIQ Sport Cuts Crew Socks. I have good luck with these socks. I get there either at Walmart or Amazon.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I am also a big fan of Darn Tough socks, they are pretty much all I wear. I wear Keen boots but never knew they made socks.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I am also a big fan of Darn Tough socks, they are pretty much all I wear. I wear Keen boots but never knew they made socks.

Maybe @bethepro can get the keen socks added to the list so we can all try them out

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just use some socks I got from Cosco,

I’m also getting my socks from Costco.. I use them and when they get lazy to trash them.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

The Darn Tough socks are definitely on another level of quality, I can honestly say I’ve never had my feet feel so good

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

The only negative about the Keen socks is that they don’t make ankle socks!

The ones that are just above the ankle are the shortest they offer. On the other hand, they have some “over the calf” socks for when it’s really cold.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

CB
    Blocked

Carolina Hosiery in North Carolina USA. Made in USA socks with USA grown cotton (80%) and (20% Nylon), no spandex, no mystery synthetic materials from China that cause weird rashes (been there done that with cheaply priced socks). Diabetic rated. Once I found these, I literally threw all my bargain priced socks into the rag bin. Itchy feet no more.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Didn’t know about Keen socks either but I’ll look into it.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The ones that are just above the ankle are the shortest they offer. On the other hand, they have some “over the calf” socks for when it’s really cold.

Not a deal breaker for work socks. I do like to wear ankle socks with my sneakers.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I never knew Keen made socks either. I not sure there is anywhere near me where I could get a pair to try.

Maybe @bethepro can get the keen socks added to the list so we can all try them out

Hey there is a idea. This would be great to see happen.

Not a deal breaker for work socks. I do like to wear ankle socks with my sneakers.

I like to wear ankle socks in the summer time. But I still wear Hanes socks.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.591 seconds