dcsimg

What are your favorite hand tool brands?

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m a big fan of Knipex pliers, Ridgid pipe wrenches, stabila levels Just wondering what everyone else considers top of the line?

I’m all over the place with hand tools . I think I have ever brand out there . Weather I bought on sale or i needed a certain tool .

Always willing to learn .

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Nice, I have quite a few brands too. I don’t know if theres really one brand that makes everything, I think they have their niche markets.

I’ve been enjoying the new Milwaukee hands tools that there putting out @kswiss . Some of there new products .

Always willing to learn .

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’ve been enjoying the new Milwaukee hands tools that there putting out

They started out a little bit rough with the hand tools but I can see that the quality has definitely improved. A buddy at work just bought a milwaukee torpedo level that looks pretty nice.

yellaD
    Pro

My Gyokucho dozuki saw is so sweet. It’s my first experience with a Japanese pull saw and it has won me over. I will be getter more.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I dont have a favorite hand tool brand just whatever works

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

My Gyokucho dozuki saw is so sweet. It’s my first experience with a Japanese pull saw and it has won me over. I will be getter more.

Definitely need some pics of that one

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have to admit to being all over the map with hand tools too. Coming from starting out as a mechanic I have a few Snap On ratchets and sockets, but I hate their screw drivers. Older craftsman, S&K wrenches and sockets too. In screwdrivers alone I must have 5 brands. Surprisingly enough I like an old set of Mastercraft from Canadian Tire for the comfy triangle shaped handles. It would probably take an essay to list them all, and all the brands. Of course I have things like Vice Grips, a few in off brands, but they are all old too. Most of my planes are old Stanleys or Record but I do have a Great Neck which is nice. Millers Falls is another old brand, I have one of their egg beater drills. A couple of braces, I think the bits are Irwin….old too. Also some old centring bits and spoon bits for the brace. I will try anything that seems good quality, I have a few cheapo things and they aren’t worth the time.

I generally don’t buy the best, but I look for the best for the money. Like my Narex chisels, great tool, not the best, can’t be beat for the price though. The next step up would be a premium tool like Lie Nelson and would cost twice as much.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I have a few Snap On ratchets and sockets,

Man, I really want a snap on socket set but it’s just not in the budget. I might pick up one of the proto sets that the local tool store has on sale though.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

All over the place. Only a few must haves. Snap on screw drivers and any gearwrench with a lifetime warranty.

My favorites are:

Veratis
    Stanley
    Knipex
    Channel Lock
    Vise Grip
    Mastercraft (for the warranty)
    Older Craftsman
    Empire

I don’t think one company makes the best of everything

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Weiss, Klein, Stanley. Random other tools. Picked up a Lennox knife today, so far so good.

Must say I have a bunch of husky miscellaneous stuff too… Irwin is another

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have a few Snap On ratchets and sockets,

Man, I really want a snap on socket set but it’s just not in the budget. I might pick up one of the proto sets that the local tool store has on sale though.

Proto are good. I got my Snap On’s in the ’80’s when I started out in shops and garages working on cars and equipment.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Clev08
    Pro

I have gotten a lot of Milwaukee hand tools lately. I like how they don’t just make a tool red, they change or add another feature to the tool in many cases improving it. The Fastback II is a must in my opinion. also like my ratcheting stubby screwdriver.
    I have some Stanley pry bars because they are cheap at menards when they go on sale. Empire square and 2ft level. Had a Klein screw driver till I lost a bit so I gave it to my Dad so his could have all the bits because he lost one too.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I always have a Milwaukee fast back flip knife on me.
    Really like all my Klein electrical tools.
    knipex pliers are ordered
    wera screwdrivers are waiting for me in germany in my old shop.
    And I have a husky mechanics tool set which is handy around the house.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t have a favorite now a days. To me they are all so much the same it doesn’t matter.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

As a lot of the others, I’m all over the place with hand tools.

WERA driver that I have is nice
    Channellock side cutters, linesman pliers, needle nose

I buy a lot of older tools at lawn sales just because they are better quality than what’s out today.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My favorite hand tool brand is Snap-on. I have a lot of their stuff. Really nice well made basic hand tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Big fan of bridge city tool works, having owned a few of their tools, it is just perfection and if something is off, it generally is the user. I loved the joint maker

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Being a former Ingersoll-Rand employee, I have a lot of older Proto and Millers Falls tools. and , like a lot of others here, lawn sales, auctions and estate sales are my favourite sources.
    One estate sale gave me a Berg Shark chisel which is a pleasure to use as well as some older Sandvik chisels which I like very well.
    Stanley planes and one Record from #3 to #6, but nothing exotic.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.510 seconds