dcsimg

What are you using for Oil in your Compressor

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    CB
    Spectator

One can only hope that the point of learning intellectually is to avert having to learn through experience. Like how to handle, store, and when to remove acetylene cylinders from a work van, for example. Most plumbers and HVAC techs learned intellectually about acetylene and MAPP gas (the original formulation which had acetylene). Yet, sadly, a few plumbers learned by experience. It was their last lesson.

I located the Regulatory and Compliance office of Makita, and requested an MSDS for their sparsely labeled compressor oil. It is indeed, a non synthetic, but highly refined, mineral oil.

It isn’t just the polycarbonate bowls that don’t get along with synthetic oil. It is also the low nitrile and neoprene seals between bowl, body, and baffle.

Speaking of knowing a thing or two… when I entirely rebuilt my SpeedAire compressor some 30 years ago, I thought I knew everything there was to know about compressors at that time, after that experience. Turns out not much has changed since the mid 1980s… except my humility at the thought of all that I didn’t know then, and all that I have yet to learn now.

Naturally, it is a special oil for compressor.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.139 seconds