dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 9

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,023 total)
  • Author

A bunch of stuff for the router. Bits mostly, but I added in the deluxe guide and some non marring bearings too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Man, I’m just snailing my way towards the 18v rotary. This move has put a damper on my ability to get on the forum.

just focus on your move. get it done quick and you’ll be back in no time and you can work your way up for the tool of your dream 😛

I will have a clear head after the weekend and I can finally think about what my first redemption gonna be.

So what are you dreaming for Alex? We aren’t supposed to go over HAM by the way. You should cash some of those in before you aren’t allowed to accrue points anymore!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Man, I’m just snailing my way towards the 18v rotary. This move has put a damper on my ability to get on the forum.

just focus on your move. get it done quick and you’ll be back in no time and you can work your way up for the tool of your dream 😛

I will have a clear head after the weekend and I can finally think about what my first redemption gonna be.

So what are you dreaming for Alex? We aren’t supposed to go over HAM by the way. You should cash some of those in before you aren’t allowed to accrue points anymore!

Well I was sick the past week and haven’t watch my piggy account.
    Just did couple posts, laid back down; couple posts and again laying down.
    But my first redemption goes out today. I’m sure excited.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

I may be changing my mind . And order a bunch of L-boxxs instead of router .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

We aren’t supposed to go over HAM by the way. You should cash some of those in before you aren’t allowed to accrue points anymore!

Yes, very nice work on your HAM, @madman_us! Enjoy the fruits of it!

yellaD
    Pro

@utopia78,
    Couldn’t find someone with a truck to help with the move?
    Or have ya misplaced your router and having issues getting on line? LOL

Nope. That’s the old Milwaukee NiCad that I dug out its box for retirement. Probably will bring it to Goodwill. One of the batteries still works, but I just don’t use it any longer.

@Doobie,
    You’ll have to donate it to SallyAnn or The Re-Store. Goodwill went under not long ago.

lol i offered to help him move, my truck was big enough heh.
    I couldn’t believe goodwill went under, i didn’t think that was possible with volunteer organizations like that.

I am thinking about the concrete grinder as i want to smooth out a portion in my garage that is pretty lumpy. However i am not sure if it has the juice to do it or shall i go and rent a large unit

Can you use an angle grinder as a surface grinder?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I hope its not too squished together when I put all quotes together in one post.

Come on Alex, go for something, we wanna see you get your first box

Well it might take a bit until the first box arrives but I’ll send out my first redemption today.

Man you have had some self control. I don’t think many member’s have waited till they hit ham for there first redemption. Any idea what your looking at?

Well after one month being a member I wanted to redeem something soo bad but then I told myself; actually you can wait until hitting HAM. so I stayed focused 😛
    I was looking at the bosch dust extractor or the 1/2 sander. not both because I still need some piggies for the PS42 in May

Wow, Alex, you can have a real shopping spree. Can’t wait to see what is going in your basket.

yeah its almost like getting a bonus check which you can spend all on tools without having wifey complain about that you are getting again new tools.

Congrats on the achievement. It’s obvious you don’t have a lot of tool needs or wants that would have required you to redeem by now.

Thanks Frank. There are a bunch of tools on my list which I want.
    But I could resist the blue power 😛 and went straight forward to HAM

With the points you have you should be able to put together a nice list of stuff.

You are sure right. I have a small list on the side of me right now but I keep scratching some off and put new items on it lol.
    thats how it feels when you are a HAM-aire 😀

Yes, very nice work on your HAM! Enjoy the fruits of it!

thanks Sparky, appreciate it.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

That’s the old Milwaukee NiCad that I dug out its box for retirement. Probably will bring it to Goodwill. One of the batteries still works, but I just don’t use it any longer.

You’ll have to donate it to SallyAnn or The Re-Store. Goodwill went under not long ago.

I knew that, but they still have lots of presence elsewhere outside the GTA accross NA and just them as a name for that type of store that everyone would recognize. Nowadays, I bring my stuff to Value Village. They have a drive thru drop off and their stuff in their stores is not super overpriced like our local Sally Anne is out here.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Redemption Email is out. That was a long way of saving up piggies.
    Next on the list will be the PS42.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Congrats on the HAM @madman_us. A long wait for your first redemption! You must be stoked for your first BTP box.

A Working Pro since 2004

Congrats on the redemption. It has been a long while since my last one.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m still saving for the GRL400H, other things keep getting in front of it tho.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Why the 400 versus the 300?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Dirty that laser will be nice addition to your tools. Sure will help doing layouts.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@madman_us,
    So what did you redeem for? 🙂 Inquiring minds what to know.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@madman_us,
    So what did you redeem for? :) Inquiring minds what to know.

yes yes , what you getting , and a big congrats on hitting HAM, , looking forward to seeing what you get Alex.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@utopia78,
    Couldn’t find someone with a truck to help with the move?
    Or have ya misplaced your router and having issues getting on line? LOL

Nope. That’s the old Milwaukee NiCad that I dug out its box for retirement. Probably will bring it to Goodwill. One of the batteries still works, but I just don’t use it any longer.

@Doobie,

lol i offered to help him move, my truck was big enough heh.
    I couldn’t believe goodwill went under, i didn’t think that was possible with volunteer organizations like that.

I am thinking about the concrete grinder as i want to smooth out a portion in my garage that is pretty lumpy. However i am not sure if it has the juice to do it or shall i go and rent a large unit

Can you use an angle grinder as a surface grinder?

I might just rent those big floor ones so i can do a larger area faster. The smaller ones will take a while.

Sent my list in to Jim this morning:

RA 1054 Deluxe Router guide
    NMB 300 Non marring bearing set

Cove bits:

84431m 1/2”
    84425m 1/4”
    84428m 3/8”

Roundover bits:

84405m 1/4”
    85594m 3/8”
    85595m 1/2”

also:

85974m 1/2 x 1 3 flute down cut spiral bit

It will be a nice start of what I use most often. It was a chore finding all the part numbers.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

@JimDaddyO
    That’s a impressive list your putting in, looking forward to seeing your box come in, congrats on your order Jim.

Doobie

Sent my list in to Jim this morning:

RA 1054 Deluxe Router guide
    NMB 300 Non marring bearing set

Cove bits:

84431m 1/2”
    84425m 1/4”
    84428m 3/8”

Roundover bits:

84405m 1/4”
    85594m 3/8”
    85595m 1/2”

also:

85974m 1/2 x 1 3 flute down cut spiral bit

It will be a nice start of what I use most often. It was a chore finding all the part numbers.

That’s a nice little selection of bits there. I looking at getting the Bosch lock-miter bit at some point. But other things are ahead of it on my list for now.

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,023 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 9’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.277 seconds