dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 9

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,023 total)
  • Author

I am going to upgrade my old ni-cad, which was still working great, to the newer lithium,

That’s what I did last year. I went with all Bosch new drills. Curiously, none of them thru redemption. All bought out of pocket.

I did get two rotary hammers thru redemption last year (not shown).

That’s the best dressed bench in town.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Man, I’m just snailing my way towards the 18v rotary. This move has put a damper on my ability to get on the forum.

That’s right. I forgot. You’re moving. That is one of life’s PITA things we do on occasion. I’m hoping to never have to do that again in my life. Or at least it’ll be somebody else moving me next time, but next time is hopefully to a pine box. 😉

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

next time is hopefully to a pine box

Will you be making your own box? Don’t forget to post some pics

Doobie

next time is hopefully to a pine box

Will you be making your own box? Don’t forget to post some pics

Don’t laugh. Some guys do build their own caskets. Lee Valley sells casket handles and hardware.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Man, I’m just snailing my way towards the 18v rotary. This move has put a damper on my ability to get on the forum.

@utopia78
    Couldn’t find someone with a truck to help with the move?
    Or have ya misplaced your router and having issues getting on line? LOL

Nope. That’s the old Milwaukee NiCad that I dug out its box for retirement. Probably will bring it to Goodwill. One of the batteries still works, but I just don’t use it any longer.

@Doobie
    You’ll have to donate it to SallyAnn or The Re-Store. Goodwill went under not long ago.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@utopia78,

Nope. That’s the old Milwaukee NiCad that I dug out its box for retirement. Probably will bring it to Goodwill. One of the batteries still works, but I just don’t use it any longer.

@Doobie,
    You’ll have to donate it to SallyAnn or The Re-Store. Goodwill went under not long ago.

lol i offered to help him move, my truck was big enough heh.
    I couldn’t believe goodwill went under, i didn’t think that was possible with volunteer organizations like that.

I am thinking about the concrete grinder as i want to smooth out a portion in my garage that is pretty lumpy. However i am not sure if it has the juice to do it or shall i go and rent a large unit

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

let me know if you pick up the surface grinder. I do not need it but for some odd reason I want one

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

let me know if you pick up the surface grinder. I do not need it but for some odd reason I want one

I wanting a surface grinder too. I do use the cup wheel on regular basis.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

just focus on your move. get it done quick and you’ll be back in no time and you can work your way up for the tool of your dream 😛

I will have a clear head after the weekend and I can finally think about what my first redemption gonna be.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I wonder how well a DC shroud would do with a cup grinder…as compared to the surface grinder? It the tool itself inherently different from a regular angle grinder?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

just focus on your move. get it done quick and you’ll be back in no time and you can work your way up for the tool of your dream 😛

I will have a clear head after the weekend and I can finally think about what my first redemption gonna be.

With the over HAM you have you’ll be able to get a big load of tools.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

I wonder how well a DC shroud would do with a cup grinder…as compared to the surface grinder? It the tool itself inherently different from a regular angle grinder?

While I’ve never used a flat disk grinder with a shroud and DC, I believe it is night and day different likely. The cup is basically enclosed and has a replaceable bristle rim to help keep it contained. The few times I’ve used mine since I got it, I’m amazed at how it’s pretty well 99% dust extraction using it. I just can’t see that with an angle grinder.

Come on Alex, go for something, we wanna see you get your first box 🙂 any if yet

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Man you have had some self control. I don’t think many member’s have waited till they hit ham for there first redemption. Any idea what your looking at?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Wow, Alex, you can have a real shopping spree. Can’t wait to see what is going in your basket.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Monday I am sending out for a longish list of things. I am finding I usually reach my piggy goals at times when Jim is out. Kinda like the when toast always falls with the buttered side down.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Doobie wrote:

I rented a Uhual so it went smooth. Just getting things organized and a lot was packed away.

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Monday I am sending out for a longish list of things. I am finding I usually reach my piggy goals at times when Jim is out. Kinda like the when toast always falls with the buttered side down.

@Jimdaddyo
    What you looking to trade your piggies in for?

Man you have had some self control. I don’t think many member’s have waited till they hit ham for there first redemption. Any idea what your looking at?

Congrats on the achievement @madman_us. It’s obvious you don’t have a lot of tool needs or wants that would have required you to redeem by now.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

With the points you have you should be able to put together a nice list of stuff.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

You’ve got some serious will power! I’m not even at 50K and want to start redeeming for little things.

But I guess patients isn’t one of my best qualities.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,023 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 9’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.965 seconds