dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 9

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,023 total)
  • Author

Since I don’t have a shop now, I might pull the trigger on some Keen workboots. Only have safety shoes, need em for the snow!

What happened to the 1-car garage?

No longer saving, put in an order for starter kit, an FL12 and 2 l-boxx 2’s. It will take awhile before I can think of something else.

No longer saving, put in an order for starter kit, an FL12 and 2 l-boxx 2’s. It will take awhile before I can think of something else.

Nor I. Put in for the two extension outfeeds for the 4100 saw, and am donating whatever is left over

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Saving for a 4100 or Reaxx. My GTS1031 is no more

sorry to hear that with your GTS1031. glad nothing happened!

reaxx sounds good to me too. prolly gonna be a bunch of piggies.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

The Reaxx would be cool, but my guess is that it would be over HAM and not make it on the list due to that.

Orange County, CA

Doobie

The Reaxx would be cool, but my guess is that it would be over HAM and not make it on the list due to that.

I agree. BTP would have to go to a MIL to equate the cost roughly.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Or they have a system where you cash in HAM, then build up your points to reach HAM again. Then the REAXX could be ordered. Now that would be the only way I see it happening if they were to put the REAXX on the list.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Or they have a system where you cash in HAM, then build up your points to reach HAM again. Then the REAXX could be ordered. Now that would be the only way I see it happening if they were to put the REAXX on the list.

i highly doubt they will, maybe in a few years once the price has died down on it first.

yellaD
    Pro

So far so good with staying the course, though the Blaklader’s are calling me. They are such a nice product and a steal of a redemption, can’t say that enough. 🙂

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

im thinking about getting the heated jacket and 12v starter kit.
    did today couple snow removals and im pretty sure that heated jacket would be nice for those jobs.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

yellaD
    Pro

did today couple snow removals and im pretty sure that heated jacket would be nice for those jobs.

I’m not 100% happy with my jacket. It’s only so-so in overall warmth effectiveness. The USB charger on the holster is a PITA, at least mine is…keep having to disconnect battery andn mess around; too difficult basically. I’d give it a 6/10. JMO, wish I got the pants instead, but I didn’t see the pants in person until recently.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’m not 100% happy with my jacket. It’s only so-so in overall warmth effectiveness. The USB charger on the holster is a PITA, at least mine is…keep having to disconnect battery andn mess around; too difficult basically. I’d give it a 6/10. JMO, wish I got the pants instead, but I didn’t see the pants in person until recently.

too bad that you are not happy with it. i will order one from homedepot first because i wanna see which size i need and if it gonna keep me warm like you said…what temps did you get where you live?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

The USB charger on the holster is a PITA, at least mine is…keep having to disconnect battery andn mess around; too difficult basically.

Are you using it correctly? It is a tricky endeavour in that you have to engage a device to be engaged within a minute or so from connecting it to the holster and pressing the button to properly engage.

Have you found it’s built in design passages for the wires so you can keep the device in your left outer breast zipeable pocket? There are two eyelit sized opening in the interior bottom of the jacket above where your battery and holster should be located. One is for running a connecting charging wire from the holsters USB charge port to a device you want to charge that you’ve situated in the large interior lower pocket of the jacket that can handle moderately sized tablets.

The other eyelit opening is for running a wire from the USB connection on the holster to run inside your jacket to another eyelit located just on the outside of that upper zipeable breast pocket so you can connect your phone to it. You’ll notice the eyelit opening there is at the top end of where that pocket zippers up to outside on the zipered pocket. Pretty smart design if you ask me.

Pull your phone out that’s charging if you have to and easily disconnect it to answer a call and the short stem of USB wire is still sitting there ready to reconnect again albeit requiring probably redoing the re-establishing a charge operation I mentioned earlier.

I have to say, I’ve done none of these things, I just recall all this from having read my owners manual when I got mine months ago. You should maybe read yours to better understand how your Bosch jacket functions in this regard paying particular attention to the diagram of its construction and finding those actual design elements in your Bosch jacket.

I have no regrets getting mine. No one jacket does everything under the sun, or cold for that matter, but this jacket is well devised for a lot of demands.

I’m not 100% happy with my jacket. It’s only so-so in overall warmth effectiveness.

What kind of conditions? It’s not intended imo to replace a winter parka, but even in pretty cold and windy and snowy/rainy weather, I found it better than I expected.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

well mine doesn’t charge my phone well either, it keeps disconnecting as well. To restart my jacket occasionally i have to take the battery out and put it back in and hit the on button.

Doobie

well mine doesn’t charge my phone well either, it keeps disconnecting as well. To restart my jacket occasionally i have to take the battery out and put it back in and hit the on button.

Have you tried just the one phone? Are you both describing the same issue?

Like I said, I’ve never tried using it for that, but if in actuality there is a design issue, that would be of interest to all to hear exactly how that is.

The USB charger on the holster is a PITA, at least mine is…keep having to disconnect battery andn mess around; too difficult basically.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@r-ice,
    You need Ampy. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Like I said, I’ve never tried using it for that, but if in actuality there is a design issue, that would be of interest to all to hear exactly how that is.

Id suggest returning it as defective. Mine is flawless in heat and in iPhone charging (I use an OEM cable – iPhone 5)

Should not be experiencing what you’re describing

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yep the heated jacket would be perfect to use for snow removal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I really want to get the RHH181 18v rotary hammer since it would be the most practical for the times I end up carrying the generator just to use my bulldog. However, it seems so far away and now I’m wishing I had an L-boxx 3 for my circular saw and reciprocating saw. I also want the foam inserts for the 1 and 2. Then there are the blades for the MX30. It is hard to decide and even harder to stay focused.

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

Id suggest returning it as defective. Mine is flawless in heat and in iPhone charging (I use an OEM cable – iPhone 5)

Should not be experiencing what you’re describing

My jacket is flawless also, I love it, I have had issues with the BlackBerry USB cable, it is meant for data, but we tested it at work with a meter, if I use a cheapo cable from the dollar store, the USB charging Holster works perfectly, weird but it works,

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,023 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 9’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.370 seconds