dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 9

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,023 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

My Kapex is hiccuping

What do you mean exactly?

Have you tried speaking to Festool service about it?

yellaD
    Pro

Since I don’t have a shop now, I might pull the trigger on some Keen workboots. Only have safety shoes, need em for the snow!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Since I don’t have a shop now, I might pull the trigger on some Keen workboots. Only have safety shoes, need em for the snow!

The Keens are always a good one,, I need another set too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Still just racking up the piggys, not sure what I need / want
    This could be a good thing :)

I see your piggies are just gathering dust. LOL Could be a good thing not knowing what to get till they build up substantially.

I’d like to cash in points for warmer weather, but I don’t see that on the prize list! :(

Why would you waste your points on that? This, the first real freeze of the winter.
    This coming weekend the temps are suppose to jump back up above zero.

Haha lol, yeah, I gotta start farming them a little more, or sending them in 😉 I know I will be doing another donation to IWK By the end of the month again, so I saving for something 🙂

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

The Keens are always a good one,, I need another set too.

Mine are starting to get a bit warn too. Need to start saving for a new pair myself.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

My Kapex is hiccuping

festool is terrible to call, till i stopped to talk to them at the last show, they have never responded to me via email nor the phone calls i have sent them.

Doobie

My Kapex is hiccuping

festool is terrible to call, till i stopped to talk to them at the last show, they have never responded to me via email nor the phone calls i have sent them.

I’ve never had a problem with them like you have.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well not sure — the steel cutting saw was high on my list and it still might be what I shoot for, but I bought a Milwaukee Super Sawzall yesterday to cut my steel tubing and I think it will work better for what I need.

For cutting tubing a Sawzall would be the better choice. The metal cutting saw is best to cut metal studs and flat metal pieces.

I cut the metal tubing on a regular basis with the metal cutting saw and with a speed square on it the cut is nice and square.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Whoa @YellaD, No shop?? You move to an apartment or something? How ya goona build a bench with @r-ice and myself?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I cut the metal tubing on a regular basis with the metal cutting saw and with a speed square on it the cut is nice and square.

Might have to try the speed square trick next time I need to cut tubing.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Whoa @YellaD, No shop?? You move to an apartment or something? How ya goona build a bench with @r-ice and myself?

lol he can build it in my shop but i think he will need a shop soon. You’ll just have to get a place with a garage or a workshop. When I was looking for houses, frank was with me when we saw this AWESOME place that had a newly built workshop in it. God if the house wasn’t such a dump and you couldn’t take certain liberties with the century house and it being far I would’ve bought it. The shop was perfect.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Whoa YellaD, No shop?? You move to an apartment or something? How ya goona build a bench with @r-ice and myself?

lol he can build it in my shop but i think he will need a shop soon. You’ll just have to get a place with a garage or a workshop. When I was looking for houses, frank was with me when we saw this AWESOME place that had a newly built workshop in it. God if the house wasn’t such a dump and you couldn’t take certain liberties with the century house and it being far I would’ve bought it. The shop was perfect.

Heck, If it wasn’t so far and if the house was in better shape. I would have out bit you and bought it myself. LOL

Looking at either the Worm Drive or the 1617 Kit and a few accessories to go with it.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Last time I was looking, a shop was at the top of the “need to have” list. What other reason could there be to buy a house? LOL

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I think I will have to put in some time towards that 1/2 sheet sander. Just wish it had a box

Doobie

Some kinda ‘cart before the horse’ thing here imo.

redwood
    Pro

My Kapex is hiccuping

The saw started not generating full power and has declined to the point that it’s no longer even usable. This all took place just before my house went on the market and I had to put the saw in storage. I should have taken care of it back then. I just got it out of storage a few weeks ago.

I have been in contact with Festool and they said try new brushes. I’ve never had a issue communicating with them. Emails have always been responded to within 24 business hours.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

redwood
    Pro

Last time I was looking, a shop was at the top of the “need to have” list. What other reason could there be to buy a house? LOL

A two car garage or a shop was a must have when I was looking for a new house. If they didn’t have it, they were immediately eliminated, even though some had space to build one.

Luckily I found a house with essentially a 4 car garage and the house itself was fine. The only drawback was the house is at 3650 ft. and I get snow.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Doobie

My Kapex is hiccuping

The saw started not generating full power and has declined to the point that it’s no longer even usable. This all took place just before my house went on the market and I had to put the saw in storage. I should have taken care of it back then. I just got it out of storage a few weeks ago.

I have been in contact with Festool and they said try new brushes. I’ve never had a issue communicating with them. Emails have always been responded to within 24 business hours.

How old is your Kapex Mark. I assume it’s seen lots of use.

redwood
    Pro

My Kapex is hiccuping

How old is your Kapex Mark. I assume it’s seen lots of use.

Good question Kevin, I think it’s about 4-5 years old and was refurbished when I purchased it. It hasn’t been used in about 16 months. But it was a workhorse when I still had my business. Cut a lot of ipe and pressure treated douglas fir with it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

yellaD
    Pro

Some kinda ‘cart before the horse’ thing here imo.

Yeah I hear you @doobie, my bench plans are in holding pattern right now. Not sure where I will be in the distant future. As for the immediate future there isn’t any major WW projects for the next few months unless it’s at the DWWC. I can keep the wood in storage if I need to get one for my stuff anyways. We will see what happens, ideally I would still get the wood cuz it’s a good price and it’ll have to sit anyways.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,023 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 9’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.557 seconds