dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 9

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,023 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

How long does it generally take from when you send an email request to redeem points, until you get a confirmation back? Sent mine in yesterday early afternoon, haven’t heard anything. Just curious.

Jim is in Vegas at WOC this week. maybe thats why you havent hear anything about your request 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

How long does it generally take from when you send an email request to redeem points, until you get a confirmation back? Sent mine in yesterday early afternoon, haven’t heard anything. Just curious.

Jim is in Vegas at WOC this week. maybe thats why you havent hear anything about your request 😛

Anywhere from same day to a week to see the points roll off. Then you wait for it to arrive. In Canada, I see what I asked for from 1 1/2 to almost 3 weeks from the time I send Jim the email request for an item. That’s always been fine by me.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I just dumped a bunch of piggies on a few things for the router….edge guide, non marring bearings, and a bunch of bits as I have none for the 1/2″ collet. I figured I better get a few.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I just dumped a bunch of piggies on a few things for the router….edge guide, non marring bearings, and a bunch of bits as I have none for the 1/2″ collet. I figured I better get a few.

Congrats Jim, you’re going to like working with 1/2″ bits. I find they run so much smoother than 1/4″.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

sander sander sander, i must hold out for one of the sanders

What about those specialty metal tools?? Can’t you use that type.

The shears and nibblers are more for sheet metal work. typically my cuts are simply for length. More of use to hvac guys than me

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Anywhere from same day to a week to see the points roll off. Then you wait for it to arrive. In Canada, I see what I asked for from 1 1/2 to almost 3 weeks from the time I send Jim the email request for an item. That’s always been fine by me.

It’s great gives you time to save up so it doesn’t look like such a big hit on the piggies.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Inching towards the Bosch Bulldog again. I’m staying focused this time, I swear!

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Inching towards the Bosch Bulldog again. I’m staying focused this time, I swear!

Are you gonna get the one with the dust collection?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Stay strong Chris. I know it is hard.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Radio, L boxes, batteries , haha lol, you can do it Chris,

I am going for 18 volt lithium tools 🙂

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Radio, L boxes, batteries , haha lol, you can do it Chris,

I am going for 18 volt lithium tools :)

@boschmanbrian
    Anyone in particular that you are looking at?

@utopia78
    Stop looking at the list and that goal will become a reality. Like Brian said you got a few goodies recently even the 12V vac. AGAIN…. Stop looking at the list and stop listening to that little guy on your left shoulder. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

stop listening to that little guy on your left shoulder. LOL

@58Chev
    haha that’s funny Frank,

Just gonna start upgrading my still good ni-cads tools, slowly.
    So circ saw, recip, jigsaw, and so on.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Those would be a nice upgrade. I will eventually look at those type of 18V also as I do have a decent Mil… 18V drill/driver set now.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

I started doing that last year all with Bosch stuff. Funny thing is, most of mine I bought instead of redeeming for. The drills and stuff can sometimes be found at real good sale prices versus the more unusual cordless stuff.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Those would be a nice upgrade. I will eventually look at those type of 18V also as I do have a decent Mil… 18V drill/driver set now.

i stopped using that set of millwaukee 18v drivers since I got the 12v, maybe you should try getting the 12v line and by the time you got that one the brushless impact should be out.

Doobie

i stopped using that set of millwaukee 18v drivers since I got the 12v, maybe you should try getting the 12v line and by the time you got that one the brushless impact should be out.

You may find that getting the non-brushless versions is a lot cheaper. They get clearanced or put on sale at good discounted prices at times and is how I amassed a lot of my drills/drivers I have now since last year.

You don’t need brushless. Not that it’s a gimmick, as it is not, it is simply it is the ‘latest’ and is premium priced and for DIY use you really don’t need the brushless version. In fact, the brushless versions on some I noticed have lower torque or power ratings than their predecessor non-brushless versions.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

You may find that getting the non-brushless versions is a lot cheaper. They get clearanced or put on sale at good discounted prices at times and is how I amassed a lot of my drills/drivers I have now since last year.

You don’t need brushless. Not that it’s a gimmick, as it is not, it is simply it is the ‘latest’ and is premium priced and for DIY use you really don’t need the brushless version. In fact, the brushless versions on some I noticed have lower torque or power ratings than their predecessor non-brushless versions.

you are absolutely correct that you don’t need brushless, i just wanted for battery life. I wanted to make sure it lasted as long as possible. otherwise i don’t feel the difference in power so far. heck it has kept up with my 18v millwaukee.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

We have a new Powermatic dealer in our neighbourhood. Millbank Country Hardware has taken on the line to complement their King and GI products. Sure is some nice looking machinery.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t kid yourself about the brushless. I’ve been saying all along that you DIY’ers don’t really need the added power and run-time at the premium you pay for it, but, as an everyday professional contractor, I can tell you that it’s certainly no gimmick. It’s like saying that a BMW isn’t really all that much better than a VW Beetle, as they’ll both get you to where you’re going. Now, brushless in a homeowner grade like Ryobi or similar, I wouldn’t bother.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I just passed the 200k mark… getting close to that Vac! Now I have to decide which one I want!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 1,023 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 9’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.859 seconds