dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 9

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,023 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I’m really interested in other Sanders from Bosch how they perform.

So am I. I’m half way to getting the half sheet sander. It’s a winner from everything I’ve researched on it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just turned in points for an FL12 work light and the 12 volt starter pack, looking forward to it!

Congrats on your order. You’re going to like it when it comes.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just turned in points for an FL12 work light and the 12 volt starter pack, looking forward to it!

Yep, fantastic little light. I don’t think we’ve seen anyone say they didn’t end up loving it, and can’t imagine that we ever will.

Yep, fantastic little light. I don’t think we’ve seen anyone say they didn’t end up loving it, and can’t imagine that we ever will.

I think at least half of those of us with FL12s have ended up getting more than one….

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Well, my next target is going to be a decent planer. Running some 12″ walnut through my DW735 yesterday and what a PITA. Fresh set of blades and all and it was struggling to get maybe 1/32 off in a pass.
    There are a couple of Makita 2040’s on kijiji here but feed rollers are problematic with them.
    Ok, rant over.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Well, my next target is going to be a decent planer. Running some 12″ walnut through my DW735 yesterday and what a PITA. Fresh set of blades and all and it was struggling to get maybe 1/32 off in a pass.
    There are a couple of Makita 2040’s on kijiji here but feed rollers are problematic with them.
    Ok, rant over.

What was happening? My DW735 has never had any issues with anything Ive thrown at it, including the Birch top of my workbench (12 in wide) and lots of walnut.

Im overdue to change blades, as Ive got a couple of nicks on one side but its still great.

Do you keep it on the dimensioning setting, or the finishing one?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Ok, rant over.

What was happening? My DW735 has never had any issues with anything Ive thrown at it, including the Birch top of my workbench (12 in wide) and lots of walnut.

Im overdue to change blades, as Ive got a couple of nicks on one side but its still great.

are you going to go for the super upgrade where you get the whole roller thing changed out to those disposable carbide cutter heads?

Ok, rant over.

are you going to go for the super upgrade where you get the whole roller thing changed out to those disposable carbide cutter heads?

Doubt it. I have a Helix on my jointer, and love it, but the 735 has been a workhorse for me, and I like the finished result. Not worth the entry price for me yet.

Maybe if I were to burn through more blades it would pay off, but for me, I can go a while between changes, by keeping my old Ryobi around for the first few rough passes. It snipes, and the blades are butter knives at this point, but I don’t care if I hit a staple or a nail, and it saves the good planer for precision and final dimensioning

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Ok, rant over.

I started with the dimensioning setting but when I could see that it was struggling, I switched. Maybe it is just the walnut I was sending through it, it has handled 12″ maple before and oak up to about 8″. I’ve never had this kind of problem before.
    I had a 734 a few years ago and loved it. That’s one of the reasons I jumped at the 735 when it showed up on a local buy and sell.
    I was not a happy camper! maybe going back at it today will be different.

At the price of those aftermarket heads, I can’t see that being an option. For the same money, I can upgrade to a 2 or 3 HP machine. If I could find an old Powermatic like @overanalyze did, I would be all over it like a fat kid on a smartie.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Maybe if I were to burn through more blades it would pay off, but for me, I can go a while between changes, by keeping my old Ryobi around for the first few rough passes. It snipes, and the blades are butter knives at this point, but I don’t care if I hit a staple or a nail, and it saves the good planer for precision and final dimensioning

That’s a good idea, Eric. I had an old Delta planer before the 735. I should have kept it for roughing.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@brianpeters
    That is a great start for a points redemption. Is this your first?

darrrrr… one of the boys on my crew has taken a liking for my makita wormdrive. wants to buy it.. if i were to sell it it would mean trading points for the bosch

@jkirk,
    If you have the points, why give it a second thought?
    Maybe use the money towards some blades??

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

@brianpeters
    That is a great start for a points redemption. Is this your first?

Not my first, I got some multitool blades and an 18 volt battery before.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I got some multitool blades

What kind of baldes did you get? and did you like them?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Never have money to save

I think at least half of those of us with FL12s have ended up getting more than one….

They are extremely bright and great to have. Super handy how flexible they are for mounting. You will love it

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

They are extremely bright and great to have. Super handy how flexible they are for mounting. You will love it

Yup!! I’m have three of them and love em! Never too many FL12’s 😀

A Working Pro since 2004

Never have money to save

Oh I always do to buy that compressor 🙁 , how you like it, have you started it up, was it brand new, or a refurbished.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Never have money to save

wow grats man. i always wanted to buy the CET4-20W (4gal with wheels) but its been discontinued. ordered a refurbished one from CPO but that one was a piece of junk…something what you would find at a garage sale for $50

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I got some multitool blades

What kind of blades did you get? and did you like them?

I got some of the carbide tipped for metal cutting and I loved them! Was on a job where I had to cut a bunch of nails off, worked great.I was really impressed how long they lasted.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

How long does it generally take from when you send an email request to redeem points, until you get a confirmation back? Sent mine in yesterday early afternoon, haven’t heard anything. Just curious.

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,023 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 9’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.649 seconds