dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 9

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,023 total)
  • Author
    Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I would definitely love to save for a Reaxx. But with a $1300 price tag, I think that is too rich for the rewards list.

Is it actually selling for that price or is $1300 the MSRP or something like that. The pre sale price of the 12v jigsaw was Way higher than what they are selling it for now, that why I’m asking.

I don’t think it is currently for sale yet. I think I saw the $1300 price somewhere recently though.

Saving for a 4100 or Reaxx. My GTS1031 is no more

How long have you had your GTS1031 Eric?

Since the beginning of August. Shipped July 31 2015

Replaced a big iron beast, and I loved it without reservation until its untimely death

Why not go the E-replacements and get some new parts??

Ive seen what can happen to formerly stressed aluminum. I dont trust even the parts that look ok.

Besides, the parts that are busted would add up to a good percentage of the cost of a new one. Safer to replace

If I knew what happened, I would be more (or less) inclined to trust another 1031. As it stands, I would be a bit handshy around one.

How about upgrading to a full cabinet saw? I have a hybrid one right now that i really like using.

I had one. Sold it for the GTS1031 and the extra space for a bunch of other tools, and a real workbench

I decided I could have a cabinet saw and not much else, or everything, and a smaller saw.

Maybe the 4100 is the sweet spot

Well not sure — the steel cutting saw was high on my list and it still might be what I shoot for, but I bought a Milwaukee Super Sawzall yesterday to cut my steel tubing and I think it will work better for what I need. At least that is my hope. Those Diablo carbide blades look like they will do nicely. So, if this set-up works, then I will be free to save/spend points a little differently.

Orange County, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

How long have you had your GTS1031 Eric?

Since the beginning of August. Shipped July 31 2015

Replaced a big iron beast, and I loved it without reservation until its untimely death

Why not go the E-replacements and get some new parts??

Ive seen what can happen to formerly stressed aluminum. I dont trust even the parts that look ok.

Besides, the parts that are busted would add up to a good percentage of the cost of a new one. Safer to replace

If I knew what happened, I would be more (or less) inclined to trust another 1031. As it stands, I would be a bit handshy around one.

How about upgrading to a full cabinet saw? I have a hybrid one right now that i really like using.

I had one. Sold it for the GTS1031 and the extra space for a bunch of other tools, and a real workbench

I decided I could have a cabinet saw and not much else, or everything, and a smaller saw.

Maybe the 4100 is the sweet spot

That make sense. Occasionally I do feel that my hybrid saw isa little massive but I do like the available space and power.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well not sure — the steel cutting saw was high on my list and it still might be what I shoot for, but I bought a Milwaukee Super Sawzall yesterday to cut my steel tubing and I think it will work better for what I need.

For cutting tubing a Sawzall would be the better choice. The metal cutting saw is best to cut metal studs and flat metal pieces.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Still just racking up the piggys, not sure what I need / want
    This could be a good thing 🙂

Doobie

I’d like to cash in points for warmer weather, but I don’t see that on the prize list! 🙁

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Still just racking up the piggys, not sure what I need / want
    This could be a good thing :)

I see your piggies are just gathering dust. LOL Could be a good thing not knowing what to get till they build up substantially.

I’d like to cash in points for warmer weather, but I don’t see that on the prize list! 🙁

Why would you waste your points on that? This, the first real freeze of the winter.
    This coming weekend the temps are suppose to jump back up above zero.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Now that I have put in for the router, I am thinking I may save for the router table. I am thinking of just using the top and insetting into the wing of the table saw. I can’t remember who did that here, but it is not an original idea.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Now that I have put in for the router, I am thinking I may save for the router table. I am thinking of just using the top and insetting into the wing of the table saw. I can’t remember who did that here, but it is not an original idea.

Sven did that i believe. There is a whole thread on it with pictures.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

I seriously doubt that the Reaxx will make the prize list. It costs too much.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know which table saw you have but the entire top won’t fit into the 4100, I thought about doing that once. And it was Brad that made an insert for his 4100 opening and just using the router plate in that, I do have the Bosch router table but would still like to do a TS router too Like Brad did.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’d like to cash in points for warmer weather, but I don’t see that on the prize list! :(

I’m sure using the Bosch Demo Hammer DH712VC for a few hours would keep you warm : P

A Working Pro since 2004

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

why not just pick up a plate from rockler or somewhere then? Why get the bench if you wont be using it. The plate is what $30?

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Well not sure — the steel cutting saw was high on my list and it still might be what I shoot for, but I bought a Milwaukee Super Sawzall yesterday to cut my steel tubing and I think it will work better for what I need.

For cutting tubing a Sawzall would be the better choice. The metal cutting saw is best to cut metal studs and flat metal pieces.

The band saw would have been a great choice as well. My thing is if you just need to cut tubing for this one project I am sure you already have something that could do the job.

why not just pick up a plate from rockler or somewhere then? Why get the bench if you wont be using it. The plate is what $30?

That may be an option too. The table has the fence and feather boards and everything built in was my thinking…..perhaps I need to do more thinking. My saw is not very deep front to back too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Great idea. I’ll be watching that adaptation, for sure.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

That may be an option too. The table has the fence and feather boards and everything built in was my thinking…..perhaps I need to do more thinking. My saw is not very deep front to back too.

ahh see I was thinking you were just going to make an attachment for the saw fence to use it as a fence. I know shopnotes had some plans for that.

This is the setup im running Costly compared to what you are thinking of doing but the weight of the cast top helps keep vibration down and i love it http://www.benchdog.com/ProMax

I would definitely love to save for a Reaxx. But with a $1300 price tag, I think that is too rich for the rewards list.

Is it actually selling for that price or is $1300 the MSRP or something like that. The pre sale price of the 12v jigsaw was Way higher than what they are selling it for now, that why I’m asking.

Would like this at home, wouldn’t worry nearly as much with the youngest son at home. Or even on jobs, since it is primarily rental rehabs in the not so great areas. Right now if saw is on the porch we constantly plug and unplug. Even when set up in a house. Many times people are showing the house before it is done. like an added on insurance deal.

redwood
    Pro

My Kapex is hiccuping and if it’s not something simple like brushes, I’ll probably sell it and get a glide saw. If the brushes fix it, I’ll get another vac.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,023 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 9’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.224 seconds