dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 9

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,023 total)
  • Author

Since the last thread is about to break, opening a new one.

Here is a link to the old one:

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-you-saving-up-for-version-8/page/51/

Orange County, CA

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Dont know what to get. Am waiting to hear if i can still get the colt installers kit now that its been pulled from the list.

woodman_412

Dont know what to get. Am waiting to hear if i can still get the colt installers kit now that its been pulled from the list.

I thought that it had disappeared off the list too but it’s still on there. It’s between the title of the routers section and where all the routers are listed. Looks like it just got bumped out of place.

Dan

danpattison.com

I dropped an email today for the 1617 combo router kit. The cordless drill I redeemed for is on back order, so now I have 2 packages of goodies to look forward to getting. Looking forward to doing an unboxing video.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

woodman_412

I dropped an email today for the 1617 combo router kit. The cordless drill I redeemed for is on back order, so now I have 2 packages of goodies to look forward to getting. Looking forward to doing an unboxing video.

I’m sure you’ll like the router kit Jim. It’s a very solid tool, I’ve really enjoyed mine. It has been up for any task that I’ve put it to.

Dan

danpattison.com

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I keep changing my mind. Originally I was thinking a cordless drill/impact combo set. Then I thought about the worm drive saw. Now I’m eying the 8 1/2″ miter saw.

I’m sure you’ll like the router kit Jim. It’s a very solid tool, I’ve really enjoyed mine. It has been up for any task that I’ve put it to.

Considering that the one it is replacing is an 80’s era single speed Craftsman with 1/4″ collet I have very little doubt. The bar is not very high for routers in my shop at the present time.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I keep changing my mind. Originally I was thinking a cordless drill/impact combo set. Then I thought about the worm drive saw. Now I’m eying the 8 1/2″ miter saw.

Michael you need to stop looking at the list. I was on track for an item and got sidetracked and I was only 25K away. 🙂

From all the reading Iv’e done on here about the 1617 router, It sure is a popular redemption. Congrats.

I think it’s on my list also.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

woodman_412

The 8 1/2″ miter saw is a really nice tool. I bought one this past fall and love it. I’m contemplating selling my 12″ SCMS because I like the 8 1/2″ so much and don’t want to haul the big one around anymore.

I’m saving for some l-boxxes but I haven’t decided for sure yet which ones. I definitely need an L2 for my new PB180 and maybe an L3 for my recip saw but beyond that I’m not sure.

Dan

danpattison.com

Saving for a 4100 or Reaxx. My GTS1031 is no more

woodman_412

How long have you had your GTS1031 Eric?

Dan

danpattison.com

Since the beginning of August. Shipped July 31 2015

Replaced a big iron beast, and I loved it without reservation until its untimely death

woodman_412

Replaced a big iron beast, and I loved it without reservation until its untimely death

I hope Bosch will do something for you especially since it is still well within warranty. That really sucks especially since the saw isn’t very old.

Dan

danpattison.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Why not go the E-replacements and get some new parts??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Ive seen what can happen to formerly stressed aluminum. I dont trust even the parts that look ok.

Besides, the parts that are busted would add up to a good percentage of the cost of a new one. Safer to replace

If I knew what happened, I would be more (or less) inclined to trust another 1031. As it stands, I would be a bit handshy around one.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Ive seen what can happen to formerly stressed aluminum. I dont trust even the parts that look ok.

Besides, the parts that are busted would add up to a good percentage of the cost of a new one. Safer to replace

If I knew what happened, I would be more (or less) inclined to trust another 1031. As it stands, I would be a bit handshy around one.

How about upgrading to a full cabinet saw? I have a hybrid one right now that i really like using.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ereplacement parts is a good site but if you need small parts the shipping is gonna be a killer for the price tag fora small item… 4 years ago i needed a couple small pcs for my bosch 4212L mitre saw.. the parts were less than $5 but i paid like $40 for shipping… shipping to canada is hte kiler

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I would definitely love to save for a Reaxx. But with a $1300 price tag, I think that is too rich for the rewards list.

I would definitely love to save for a Reaxx. But with a $1300 price tag, I think that is too rich for the rewards list.

Doesn’t sound do-able. Shame would be a positive addition to have around.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Is it actually selling for that price or is $1300 the MSRP or something like that. The pre sale price of the 12v jigsaw was Way higher than what they are selling it for now, that why I’m asking.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,023 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 9’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.537 seconds