dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 8

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Yep – I remember those days. Dabbs and Dirty both made it that far if I recall correctly. It was an exercise is patience and dedication for sure.

It is tough keeping ones patience accumulating so many points. As I feel I am within striking distance to HAM and the laser I want, I just think of how many things I could get instead of that one laser kit I am going for. There are moments I tell you where I want to do just that.

Yes sir, for sure, so many items to choose between, like you said, imagine how pile of tools you could cash in for instead of just one,

I know it was hard for me to even hit the 350K mark that was near the beginning of Dec. highest I have been at.

You took a detour on that D-tec 150 Frank?

lol i think he had to once the axial glide saw came out. it was too juicy to ignore hahaha.

That Axial called my name on more than one occasion, now I just have to have patience with UPS to deliver it. They have been making up excuses for the last few days as to why it hasn’t been delivered. Lets hope third promised day is the charm. This coming Monday.
    The D-Tect 150 is something that I don’t need right away, so it can wait.

You didn’t receive it yet, yesterday I drove by the UPS depot here, and I saw a bunch of UPS guys using an axle glide to build their lunch deck Lmao, sorry Frank, it’s not funny at all. Have you asked to speak with a supervisor?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

damn.. i just noticed that the axial glide saws are now on the list… im gonna be saving for quite some time to get the 10 “… i was gonna get some blaklader shorts and more lboxxes… its gonna be interesting to see what exactly i opt for

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

damn.. i just noticed that the axial glide saws are now on the list… im gonna be saving for quite some time to get the 10 “… i was gonna get some blaklader shorts and more lboxxes… its gonna be interesting to see what exactly i opt for

You must have tough skin to be wearing shorts this time of year 🙂 I also like the new 10″ mitre saw .

I keep changing my mind. I guess that is part of the fun – accumulating points and thinking about what is next.

Orange County, CA

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

lol. i wore shorts almost all of december as i was working inside trimming a 4200 sq ft custom and installing the hardwood.. the rest of the crew was on another job doing siding

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Curious, does the L-rack drawers slide into the L-boxx-3d also?

Yes. They are the same

The 3D holds two 72s, or a 53 and a 92. The LRack holds a 53 or a 72.

You can use the open drawer (LST) or the iboxx with lid in any of those sizes

Makes it convenient to grab whichever ones you want. If I had more of them, I would keep some boxes in the garage and others in storage. Grab what I need, when I need it, and move the stuff around according to the projects

Thanks for the reply, I’m glad I’m adding two L-racks to the mix.

A Working Pro since 2004

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

You didn’t receive it yet, yesterday I drove by the UPS depot here, and I saw a bunch of UPS guys using an axle glide to build their lunch deck Lmao, sorry Frank, it’s not funny at all. Have you asked to speak with a supervisor?

Believe me Brian. I spoke to a few people other than the first one to answer the phone. They all got an ear full but no help at all.

I suspect a driver liked the saw and figured he needed it for a week before delivering it. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Believe me Brian. I spoke to a few people other than the first one to answer the phone. They all got an ear full but no help at all.

I suspect a driver liked the saw and figured he needed it for a week before delivering it. LOL

Hope it gets sorted Frank and you receive your box soon. UPS is generally good service from my experience.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Maybe the regular guy is off and the temp guy is leaving it for him/her when they return.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

LOL

Lol I always hate the big courier companies I much prefer USPS or Canada Post. With the courier companies there is always problems which can be solved if you throw enough money at it.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Maybe the regular guy is off and the temp guy is leaving it for him/her when they return.

I’m at the point, where it will get here eventually and I can only hope that the damage is only to the box and not the saw. Not much else I can do but wait.

— Glenn Botting

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I’m at the point, where it will get here eventually and I can only hope that the damage is only to the box and not the saw. Not much else I can do but wait.

The box mine came in from UPS was pretty beat up (did you see the vid?) and a bunch of the styrofoam was broken along with the dust chute tube. The saw itself was OK though, which surprised me. It even held it’s accuracy and didn’t need adjusting. I am not a fan of UPS at all after that little stunt. When I called them to put in a shipping damage claim the guy I talked to took down some information and said he would pass it on to the “investigation” department. He was pretty snooty and it sounded like I was putting him out or something, like I was the one at fault. I was not happy with any aspect of UPS’s performance on this one at all. I mean really, they have one job, get items from one place to the next….if they fail at that, what is the point of even keeping the doors open…it’s their speciality.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

I mean really, they have one job, get items from one place to the next…

Sometimes it’s the shipper at fault though trying to wrap an anvil with toilet paper.

When I called them to put in a shipping damage claim the guy I talked to took down some information and said he would pass it on to the “investigation” department. He was pretty snooty and it sounded like I was putting him out or something, like I was the one at fault.

That’s a complaint of its own! Have you thought about complaining about that in itself? A damaged package is impersonal. A snotty jerk isn’t.

yellaD
    Pro

I won’t have access to a shop regularly anymore so saving up will be a little easier….MAYBE.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

a shipping damage claim the guy I talked to took down some information and said he would pass it on to the “investigation” department. He was pretty snooty and it sounded like I was putting him out or something, like I was the one at fault. I was not happy with any aspect of UPS’s performance on this one at all. I mean really, they have one job, get items from one place to the next….if they fail at that, what is the point of even keeping the doors open…it’s their speciality.

don’t worry, you can always swing by and watch me work on the tools hahaha jks, you can always swing by and do some work if you would like. I am slowly working away at making the shop work for me.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The box mine came in from UPS was pretty beat up (did you see the vid?) and a bunch of the styrofoam was broken along with the dust chute tube. The saw itself was OK though, which surprised me. It even held it’s accuracy and didn’t need adjusting. I am not a fan of UPS at all after that little stunt. When I called them to put in a shipping damage claim the guy I talked to took down some information and said he would pass it on to the “investigation” department. He was pretty snooty and it sounded like I was putting him out or something, like I was the one at fault. I was not happy with any aspect of UPS’s performance on this one at all. I mean really, they have one job, get items from one place to the next….if they fail at that, what is the point of even keeping the doors open…it’s their speciality.

OH, I remember the pictures your posted up Jim. That’s what I’m afraid of come Monday. I just hope I’m home when they deliver.

Time to lock the thread??
    @Dabbs

@Moze

@ChadM

— Glenn Botting

This thread is two posts away from breaking…actually one. I created a new thread, but cannot figure out how to copy and paste the links from my tablet I will not be at a pc for awhile. But version 9 is open.

Orange County, CA

I mean really, they have one job, get items from one place to the next…

Sometimes it’s the shipper at fault though trying to wrap an anvil with toilet paper.

When I called them to put in a shipping damage claim the guy I talked to took down some information and said he would pass it on to the “investigation” department. He was pretty snooty and it sounded like I was putting him out or something, like I was the one at fault.

That’s a complaint of its own! Have you thought about complaining about that in itself? A damaged package is impersonal. A snotty jerk isn’t.

Shipping damage stinks. Especially if you are waiting for something for a long time. Happened with my jointer. Took 3 months to receive it and when it was delivered it looked like it had been through the war. Had to wait weeks to get parts and then a few more weeks to get the fence sorted out.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 8’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.210 seconds