dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 8

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author
    NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Well I came back to the site after being gone most of the year. Realized I’m 2.2k away from a heated jacked. With winter around the corner I know what I’m saving for.

Good to see you back Steve. I know you will like the jacket.

Thanks @ronw I’ll try to stick around haha

Within a couple thousand of the 1617 with fixed base (I already have the kit, this lets me have a spare (just in case) and keep one in the table)

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i guess im saving up for a table saw.
    i have a table saw on a mobile base in shop but sometimes its much more convenient to have a contractor saw right there where you work.
    like when im working in the backyard somewhere and i build a shed or something else

A second table saw would be awesome, specially if it had the gravity rise. I wouldn’t mind picking up the mitre saw gravity rise to replace the cart I built.

my local HD has the table saw (but the GTS1031) and folding stand on clearance.
    also the T4B on clearance for $240 – thats a pretty damn good price

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

yellaD
    Pro

Within a couple thousand of the 1617 with fixed base (I already have the kit, this lets me have a spare (just in case) and keep one in the table)

What do you think about the table? I was thinking about getting that. They sell the router lift assembly separately on the site, but how is the table without it?

I like the 1617 router and the MR23 router — both very smooth and powerful routers. A great choice off the list.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That’s a killer price, did you get it?? I’d get 2 at that price.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I realized i’ll probably need some more lboxxes as i have found a few more things that could go in it. Probably all my hoses will need a spot to chill in, instead of loose around the shop.

Oh no! Your L-Boxx craze has begun Aaron : P

lol i think it started a while ago but after seeing how my shop is organized, it could use much more organizational lboxxes

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

That’s a killer price, did you get it?? I’d get 2 at that price.

i already have a T4B for my miter saw

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

What do you think about the table? I was thinking about getting that. They sell the router lift assembly separately on the site, but how is the table without it?

I really like it. Machined aluminum tip, split fence, small enough to store on a shelf out of the way, but much bigger than any other benchtop I’ve seen.

I have the undermount base for the 1617 too, and can do micro-adjustments through the table.

Wanted a second 1617 motor since I have all the accessories for it and often need two different setups or to leave one in the table. Also, nice to have a spare, since they wont carry the 1617 forever

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well I came back to the site after being gone most of the year. Realized I’m 2.2k away from a heated hacked. With winter around the corner I know what I’m saving for.

Welcome back Steve. That jacket will come in handy

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I may have changed my mind on getting the jig saw…..I may need a router more….decisions, decisions!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I may have changed my mind on getting the jig saw…..I may need a router more….decisions, decisions!

Which one would you go for, Jim? the 2.3HP combo kit or the 2.25HP combo kit?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Redeemed for a extra 4.0 ah battery for the 18 volt, I still have the circ saw and jigsaw on my radar, I’m very happy with the IDH182 and the HDH181 two smooth and tough tools.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Redeemed for a extra 4.0 ah battery for the 18 volt, I still have the circ saw and jigsaw on my radar, I’m very happy with the IDH182 and the HDH181 two smooth and tough tools.

My jigsaw should arrive today (fingers crossed) and then I am hoping to get started on the floor for the boat in the next couple of weeks. I will for surely be starting a thread on the boat and the jigsaw will get extensive use. I also am hoping to write a review for the jigsaw. I’ll keep you updated.

My next decision is to save for the new radio or for the sander. I plan on sanding are redoing our kitchen cabinets over the winter so a new sander may take priority over the radio.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

.I may need a router more….decisions, decisions!

Routers come in handy especially if you do not have one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My jigsaw should arrive today (fingers crossed) and then I am hoping to get started on the floor for the boat in the next couple of weeks. I will for surely be starting a thread on the boat and the jigsaw will get extensive use. I also am hoping to write a review for the jigsaw. I’ll keep you updated.

My next decision is to save for the new radio or for the sander. I plan on sanding are redoing our kitchen cabinets over the winter so a new sander may take priority over the radio.

That’s great, looking forward for hearing about what you think about the jigsaw, what model sander would you be going for next.

yellaD
    Pro

I really like it. Machined aluminum tip, split fence, small enough to store on a shelf out of the way, but much bigger than any other benchtop I’ve seen.

I have the undermount base for the 1617 too, and can do micro-adjustments through the table.

Wanted a second 1617 motor since I have all the accessories for it and often need two different setups or to leave one in the table. Also, nice to have a spare, since they wont carry the 1617 forever

I wonder if the table will fit my Makita 3612, that was my plan for it. The 1617EVS fixed base, I was gonnna use as my trim router. So you got the separate router lift from Bosch? Does that lift fit the bigger routers too, or just the 1617?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I wonder if the table will fit my Makita 3612, that was my plan for it. The 1617EVS fixed base, I was gonnna use as my trim router. So you got the separate router lift from Bosch? Does that lift fit the bigger routers too, or just the 1617?

Here is the list of compatible routers.

Bosch 1613 series A 1/4-20 x 11⁄2″ Pan-head Phillips machine screws (36), 2
    washers (27), and 1/4-20 nuts (26)
    Bosch 1617 series (fixed B #10-24 x 3/4″ Pan-head Phillips machine screws (37) 1 base models only)
    Bosch 1619EVS C 1/4-20 x 11⁄2″ Pan-head Phillips machine screws (36), 2
    washers (27), and 1/4-20 nuts (26)
    Craftsman Most Craftsman E 5/16-18 x 3/4″ Pan-head Phillips machine screws (39) 1

1/2″ collet routers
    DeWalt DW616, DW618 B #8-32 x 3/4″ Pan-head Phillips machine screws (38) 1
    (fixed base only)
    Hitachi M12VC B #10-32 x 3/4″ Pan-head Phillips machine screws (35) 1
    Makita RF1100, RF1101 B #10-24 x 3/4″ Pan-head Phillips machine screws (37) 1
    Milwaukee 5615, 5616 B #10-24 x 3/4″ Pan-head Phillips machine screws (37) 1
    Porter Cable 690 series, B #10-24 x 3/4″ Pan-head Phillips machine screws (37) 1

7529 plunge router, and 892–895 series
    (fixed base only)
    Ryobi R161, R162 E 5/16-18 x 3/4″ Pan-head Phillips machine screws (39) 1

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Its for the 1617 only. Its essentially the fixed base without handles. Called the RA1165. Sold on Amazon for pretty cheap

Not a lift the way the expensive dedicated lifts can be, but I can drop an allen key through the top and adjust the height of the bit somewhat.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

This is the sander I will be saving for

http://www.boschtools.com/Products/Tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=ROS65VC-6

Reviews are excellent and I have actually used on that I borrowed from a friend and the dust collection and vibration control are the best

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 8’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.958 seconds