dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 8

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,005 total)
  • Author

58Chev great choice, congrats Frank, looking forward to seeing you receive your gift 🙂

@KenW nice, did you get the recip saw here, and is that the 18 volt?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Colt router is on my radar. Lots of piggies still to go.
    I needed a new 10″ blade for my Unisaw so I pulled the trigger this week. 50T full kerf combination blade sold by Popular Tools out of San Antonio. My sharpening guy recommended it. $78 CDN
    Mounted it last night and did a couple of test cuts; I like it a lot! Zero tear out crosscutting oak and smooth rips.

I had never heard of the brand before. Anyone have any experience with it?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

KenW
    Pro

KenW nice, did you get the recip saw here, and is that the 18 volt?

No, the saw was a gift. Ron got it at an incredible price and gave it to me for helping him on his building. So I redeemed some points and got the L-boxx for it.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Well put an order in for the GCM12SD and a new 10″ blade for my tired table saw.

Nice redemption Frank. What blade did you request?

@RonW,
    I redeemed for <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>DCB1060 10 In. 60 Tooth Daredevil™ Table and Miter Saw Blade Fine Finish.

Not sure yet if I will put it on my table saw or my miter.

i was looking at Bosch’s Table Saw Blades today because my current one is not the sharpest anymore. struggles to rip 2x4s.

im thinking about getting 2x 10″ 24T blades.

does anyone know if they last long or if they are compatible to Freud?

They both have the same parent company but I’m sure you knew that. My guess they are made at the same plant.

Yes Sir.
    Just saying because when i looked at the 24T & 40T blades. freud is 4-5 bucks more than a bosch blade.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

I needed a new 10″ blade for my Unisaw so I pulled the trigger this week. 50T full kerf combination blade sold by Popular Tools out of San Antonio. My sharpening guy recommended it. $78 CDN
    Mounted it last night and did a couple of test cuts; I like it a lot! Zero tear out crosscutting oak and smooth rips.

No I haven’t. Do they have a website?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Sorry, should have added that …

http://www.populartools.net/

Doobie

Thanks! I’ll check them out later when I have more time.

What brand of blade is it replacing in your Unisaw?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Peter,
    I took a quick look around the site. I like the spec sheets on the saws, shows all pertinent info one would need.

ThanX @smallerstick

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

KenW nice, did you get the recip saw here, and is that the 18 volt?

No, the saw was a gift. Ron got it at an incredible price and gave it to me for helping him on his building. So I redeemed some points and got the L-boxx for it.

Oh yeah Ken, , I remember when you’re brother got that steal of a deal.
    That’s nice of him for gift you like that. How you liking that sawsal, you have any pictures of that L Box with your saw inside, That’s one of the new lithium upgrade I will be looking at.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I hate to say it, Kevin, but about the time I was restoring the Unisaw, I bought a Dewalt 2 pack fo chop saw blades; one went in the chop saw and the other went into the Unisaw. I had some other blades sharpened recently but just didn’t bother to change out the Dewalt blade.

I wish I had now but hindsight = 20-20

Working with some clear pine this morning and it is a thing of beauty! Effortless rips! Clean crosscuts! Push it through as fast as I like.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

All this talk about routers has got me thinking of the MRC23EVSK with the RA1181.
    Be a while for me to reach that goal.

— Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

All this talk about routers has got me thinking of the MRC23EVSK with the RA1181.

I think if your going to put one in a table I would want the 1617 over the 23.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@RonW,
    Why the 1617? Is there that much of a difference between them?

— Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

@RonW,

The MR23 has switch on the handle of base, so wouldn’t work in your own router lift (but you could jerry rig something up, there’s a video of a guy doing it somewhere).

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I agree for the table use only the 1617 is the option to choose. You will not notice the slight loss in power. Then use the point difference to add a router bit

Doobie

I hate to say it, Kevin, but about the time I was restoring the Unisaw, I bought a Dewalt 2 pack fo chop saw blades; one went in the chop saw and the other went into the Unisaw. I had some other blades sharpened recently but just didn’t bother to change out the Dewalt blade.

I wish I had now but hindsight = 20-20

Working with some clear pine this morning and it is a thing of beauty! Effortless rips! Clean crosscuts! Push it through as fast as I like.

Bad Peter! Not supposed to use the same blades in TS as Miter saws. Naughty Peter! 😉

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

The MR23 has switch on the handle of base, so wouldn’t work in your own router lift (but you could jerry rig something up, there’s a video of a guy doing it somewhere).

I agree for the table use only the 1617 is the option to choose. You will not notice the slight loss in power. Then use the point difference to add a router bit

Alright, I’m starting to get a better handle on the two differences and where each would be best suited.

ThanX @jzmtl @crotalusco

— Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@RonW,

ahh i’ve been debating on getting a jessem router table lift and was thinking of which router would fit in it the best. I’ve been jumping from either the bosch router table or should i just build one with the jessem lift.

yellaD
    Pro

ahh i’ve been debating on getting a jessem router table lift and was thinking of which router would fit in it the best. I’ve been jumping from either the bosch router table or should i just build one with the jessem lift.

If you can adjust cutter depth on the Bosch table with the 1617 router, why spend a few hundred on a Jessem?

yellaD
    Pro

Bang bang! I just pulled the trigger on 1617 router kit and the dust chute for it!!! Can’t wait to use it after all the positive reviews. I plan on getting the table ASAP. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,005 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 8’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.092 seconds