dcsimg

What are you saving up for? Version 6

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author

Since the old thread is about to break, here is a new one. The original author of this thread has not been actively participating, so I am opening this one to keep it going. If one of the moderators wants to give these points to the original, that is fine. Thanks

Here is a link to the old one:

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-you-saving-up-for-version-5/

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lots of people saving up for stuff, that thread closed fast.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

monman1
    Pro

I think im going to get the 12V pocket reciprocating saw next. How is the run time on a 2ah battery?

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Doobie

I’m saving up for the Bosch Beer Fridge! …..say what? ….there is no Bosch Beer Fridge! …..I’m outta here!!!

redwood
    Pro

I think im going to get the 12V pocket reciprocating saw next. How is the run time on a 2ah battery?

Not long, but it’s not a tool that I would ever expect to use for long periods of time.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

monman1
    Pro

Not long, but it’s not a tool that I would ever expect to use for long periods of time.

I know, i just want it for just a few 2×4 and other small cuts.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Kept telling myself the metal cut off saw is what I really need.
    I keep looking at the list and reading about the 12V light. HUM…
    Then there’s the Compound Miter Saw?? That would be a great replacement to my 15 year old Craftsman miter saw.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

These things have a very short blade stroke. Love my 12v brushless one for cutting conduit and such, but they are all underwhelming when cutting framing.

These things have a very short blade stroke. Love my 12v brushless one for cutting conduit and such, but they are all underwhelming when cutting framing.

Ever considered the 18 volt jigsaw? I have the old version, and love that tool

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

I’m about 4 posts away from requesting the top handle jigsaw(JS470E), just wish it came in an L-boxx, but that’s easily remedied.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

As a fellow framer who owns that saw, I would say it has been underwhelming. I recently bought the 12v Milwaukee, but have not used it very much yet. The Bosch has pretty much been relegated to cutting exploratory holes through drywall.

Doobie

Been thinking about maybe the 18V right angle drill. Anybody have it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s something I may try, where I don’t think anyone makes a brushless yet. Looks decent enough with the Daredevil spades, for where my M18 Hole Hawg won’t quite fit.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

18v grinder. It will take care of my wants for some more batteries and the Bosch quick charger too.

It’s something I may try, where I don’t think anyone makes a brushless yet. Looks decent enough with the Daredevil spades, for where my M18 Hole Hawg won’t quite fit.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/PVSxl8AEfB4?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

That looks like a nice drill. I also was looking at the I Driver and I Drill – the driver gets pretty good reviews and it is not too expensive. I wonder if these could get added to the list.

Orange County, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve been thinking of the ts2000, instead of putting my tablesaw on it, I thought my knife grinders would fit on that if I use a piece of ply between the gravity stand and the grinder itself.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Doobie wrote=I’m saving up for the Bosch Beer Fridge! …..say what? ….there is no Bosch Beer Fridge! …..I’m outta here!!!
    DWB wrote= I think fridge you stick a Bosch logo sticker on therefore becomes the Bosch beer fridge

Beer could go in an L-Boxx…with ice and it is portable.

Orange County, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Doobie wrote=I’m saving up for the Bosch Beer Fridge! …..say what? ….there is no Bosch Beer Fridge! …..I’m outta here!!!
    DWB wrote= I think fridge you stick a Bosch logo sticker on therefore becomes the Bosch beer fridge

im thinking both of you are in the wrong thread, and should be in the one that wishes bosch should build .

Do you guys know that Bosch actually makes refrigerators so this could actually happen sometime in the future.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘What are you saving up for? Version 6’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.064 seconds