dcsimg

What Are You Saving Up For? Version 19

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 548 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I might save up for the table saw with stand. Not sure. Mostly looking at corded Bosch tools or consumables.

But then again, may be I should go with a Makita track saw.

I too thought about the table saw and stand. Just not sure I need it. I never used a track saw . I get help you out there. I have heard they great to have.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I might save up for the table saw with stand. Not sure. Mostly looking at corded Bosch tools or consumables.

But then again, may be I should go with a Makita track saw.

I too thought about the table saw and stand. Just not sure I need it. I never used a track saw . I get help you out there. I have heard they great to have.

Both are great to have. Each does certain jobs that outshine the other.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I might save up for the table saw with stand.

I got both of those last year around this time. I like both, very nice tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have it also , it’s pretty good ,
    I like the way it folds up with the gravity rise stand ,
    I received the model 10 but was actually hoping to get the 09 when I ordered it

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

What’s the turnaround time after the points are removed from the account?
    My points were taken couple of weeks ago and that was it.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am pretty sure it was about a week the last time for me.

Greg

I have it also , it’s pretty good ,

I like the way it folds up with the gravity rise stand ,

I received the model 10 but was actually hoping to get the 09 when I ordered it

I know that when I was receiving the table saw , it was strange , Purolator never had any notification for me , but after I received the first one , I got a call from a transport company telling me that they wanted to know what the best time was for delivery. 🤷‍♂️ , But the 12 inch glide came by Purolator.

I believe it was around a week and a half approximately after points removed , but don’t forget , back then we had no concerns about covid19.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well f the points were deducted it is on its way. They may have to get the item in from Bosch first though.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I believe it was around a week and a half approximately after points removed , but don’t forget , back then we had no concerns about covid19.

It was still a week for when I received my last redemption back at the end of April.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Just wondering if you received your redemption yet?

Greg

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I didn’t received anything.
    Not even a tracking number.
    Points were removed from my account around 10th of June.

Yeah that’s normal , I’ve never received any sort of tracking number since they started shipping by Purolator in Canada , I only was able to follow up with UPS my choice when they were sending it from USA
    Not a big deal ,
    I’m sure it’s going to show up in the next week 👍🤞

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Still working on getting the 9″ grinder. Badly needed in the shop.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

I redeemed for that. Thing is, there are hardly any 9in disks out there. I already had the 7in model and a whole bunch of 7in disks. Getting the 9in is just slightly bigger in size than the 7in model. In hindsight, I kinda wasted my points getting the 9in model although I can use my 7in disks in it.

MTRoads wrote:

I redeemed for that. Thing is, there are hardly any 9in disks out there. I already had the 7in model and a whole bunch of 7in disks. Getting the 9in is just slightly bigger in size than the 7in model. In hindsight, I kinda wasted my points getting the 9in model although I can use my 7in disks in it.

I spend my workshop time working with wood so pardon my naivete with this question. What types of work do you need a grinder that big?

Doobie

MTRoads wrote:

I spend my workshop time working with wood so pardon my naivete with this question. What types of work do you need a grinder that big?

For me, I thought the 9in would maybe be useful for doing quick cuts on large paver stones outside. But as I said, can’t find a 9in blade for that grinder to do that.

I just don’t get why Bosch would make a 9in grinder and not various 9in blades for it. Nobody does. My supplier down the street only found a couple of 8in blades amongst his suppliers, none for concrete pavers. Just odd!

MTRoads wrote:

For me, I thought the 9in would maybe be useful for doing quick cuts on large paver stones outside. But as I said, can’t find a 9in blade for that grinder to do that.

I just don’t get why Bosch would make a 9in grinder and not various 9in blades for it. Nobody does. My supplier down the street only found a couple of 8in blades amongst his suppliers, none for concrete pavers. Just odd!

I believe these grinders are mainly for metal working , I don’t think they were expecting people to buy it for cutting stone , they have dedicated saws and other hand held saws , maybe you can exchange it on BTP , don’t They have a thread dedicated for that , I believe that the last time DWB and cmeyers25 made a good trade , instead of renting one because I’m sure you will need it at different times and portions of the building of your project , maybe buy the cordless Milwaukee or DeWalt one , and then sell it when you are done 🤷‍♂️

Doobie

MTRoads wrote:

I believe these grinders are mainly for metal working , I don’t think they were expecting people to buy it for cutting stone , they have dedicated saws and other hand held saws , maybe you can exchange it on BTP , don’t They have a thread dedicated for that , I believe that the last time DWB and cmeyers25 made a good trade , instead of renting one because I’m sure you will need it at different times and portions of the building of your project , maybe buy the cordless Milwaukee or DeWalt one , and then sell it when you are done 🤷‍♂️

I have a 10in Dewalt wet tile saw that I can get a blade for it to cut paver stones, I just thought that the 9in with a proper blade that is 9 inches would have been nice to have for the odd cut rather than getting the whole wet tile saw set up instead.

Actually coulda used it a few weeks ago for a couple of cuts, but I for where I was putting those old repurposed pavers, I managed to not absolutely need it.

Basically a redemption I never should have went for, but it doesn’t really matter anyways. I was ‘redeemed out’ by that time on anything that was really useful to me and was really reaching going for that to begin with. Should make a nice boat anchor one day if I buy a boat.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Sometimes I have received a invoice. I have never received a tracking number.

Your item could be on back order.

Greg

Have not been on here in awhile – sounds like the site has started taking point redemption for tools again? That is a good thing. Happy 4th of July for US members.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 548 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.385 seconds