dcsimg

What Are You Saving Up For? Version 19

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 548 total)
  • Author

Love my OMT. It doesn’t get used often, but sometimes it’s the only thing that will work in certain situations. I have never used the sanding attachments yet.

I’ve used them , they definitely are nice

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I kinda regret selling it , it was just that I wasn’t using it to much

If I sold tools I wasn’t using much I would have any tools. LOL!!
    I have biscuit jointer I tried to sell a couple of time with no luck. I only used it once since I bought it. Now I probably won’t sell it as I have found some uses for it. Yes it collects dust alot of the time. But I am ok with that.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I kinda regret selling it , it was just that I wasn’t using it to much

If I sold tools I wasn’t using much I would have any tools. LOL!!

I have biscuit jointer I tried to sell a couple of time with no luck. I only used it once since I bought it. Now I probably won’t sell it as I have found some uses for it. Yes it collects dust alot of the time. But I am ok with that.

LoL , I use mine fairly often , just not that omt , plus the time I sold it , I was trying to de clutter , not a big deal , I’ve managed to make do with what I have 🤷‍♂️ , I might get one sometime ,

Right now , I’m thinking about the OMT , and maybe a PB360 or extra lights 🤷‍♂️ those are always handy
    I pretty much have most of the tools I need , or want I guess ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

LoL , I use mine fairly often , just not that omt , plus the time I sold it , I was trying to de clutter , not a big deal , I’ve managed to make do with what I have , I might get one sometime ,

I use my tools often too. Just not everyday. My OMT is one I don’t use alot. But does come in handy with jobs around the house for me.

or extra lights those are always handy

You can’t go wrong with more lights. I wonder if they are still available?

Greg

LoL , I use mine fairly often , just not that omt , plus the time I sold it , I was trying to de clutter , not a big deal , I’ve managed to make do with what I have , I might get one sometime ,

I use my tools often too. Just not everyday. My OMT is one I don’t use alot. But does come in handy with jobs around the house for me.

or extra lights those are always handy

You can’t go wrong with more lights. I wonder if they are still available?

I
    I’m not sure if they have any , I actually wouldn’t mind some of the small 12 volt lights , not the fl12 but the other model , I have two of the fl12 lights , they are really nice

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I’m not sure if they have any ,

Yes it is hard to say really.

not the fl12 but the other model ,

If you are talking about the GLI12V-300 led light. I have one they are a nice light. I like both 12V LED lights.

Greg

I’m not sure if they have any ,

Yes it is hard to say really.

not the fl12 but the other model ,

If you are talking about the GLI12V-300 led light. I have one they are a nice light. I like both 12V LED lights.

Yeah that’s the one , you like it so far , it’s pretty much the mini version of the 18 volt articulating model , but just the light part and 12 volt , does that little hook on top swivel , and what’s the runtime like.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah that’s the one , you like it so far ,

I thought so. Yes I like it. It is nice and light.

does that little hook on top swivel

The hook just flips up and down.

, and what’s the runtime like.

I am not sure the runtime. I normal steal batteries from the light for my drill or impact.

Greg

Yeah that’s the one , you like it so far ,

I thought so. Yes I like it. It is nice and light.

does that little hook on top swivel

The hook just flips up and down.

, and what’s the runtime like.

I am not sure the runtime. I normal steal batteries from the light for my drill or impact.

Okay , I think the fl12 has around 300 something lumins , on high my 2.0 battery will last 6 hours , on low I get around 9 hours , I forget the difference from high to low in lumins

Ok so the hook is just like the one on my 18 volt articulating light ,
    That light will run for about 20 hours straight on a regular 4.0 amp battery

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

and maybe a PB360

The PB360 is an excellent shop/worksite radio. It is a bit heavy but a fantastic radio.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

and maybe a PB360

The PB360 is an excellent shop/worksite radio. It is a bit heavy but a fantastic radio.

Yes definitely , I already have one , was just thinking about maybe leaving it either at the plant , or in the pool shed , still not decided

theamcguy wrote:
    Boschmanbrian wrote:
    and maybe a PB360

Yes definitely , I already have one , was just thinking about maybe leaving it either at the plant , or in the pool shed , still not decided

My grandson has claimed my PB360. He lets it blast when he is out in the backyard practicing on his hockey shots.

theamcguy wrote:

Boschmanbrian wrote:

and maybe a PB360

My grandson has claimed my PB360. He lets it blast when he is out in the backyard practicing on his hockey shots.

Hahaha I’d love to see that , 👍
    Funny thing is , I bought the PB180 or whatever it’s called , the small 18 volt radio , I haven’t seen it in the past two years lmao , my daughter uses it regularly lol , she has the 12 volt vac and charger , plus that radio and another 18 volt charger lol , she actually Can show my wife how to use the radio , and lights lol ,

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

especially for sanding in the corners

I have used my OMT for sanding in tight areas. Makes the job alot easier.

Yeah , I remember that when I had the older Bosch omt that I bought , I kinda regret selling it 🤷‍♂️ , it was just that I wasn’t using it to much

I don’t use might much. It is really nice to have when you need it.

Yes it is

I always thought of the OMT as kind of a toy. I finally got one and now have 4 or 5. we keep one in each trailer and one at the shop, one at home and one at the lake. It seems like we find additional uses for them all the time. I never used the sanding feature till recently but have found that works real well for a lot of things. We end up doing a lot of odd projects so that probably adds to the uses we find.

I would say one of the best applications we have found is to cut caulk around windows when doing replacements. Quick and easy and so much better than a utility knife.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I always thought of the OMT as kind of a toy.

LOL! I could see where you could think that.

I finally got one and now have 4 or 5. we keep one in each trailer and one at the shop, one at home and one at the lake. It seems like we find additional uses for them all the time. I never used the sanding feature till recently but have found that works real well for a lot of things. We end up doing a lot of odd projects so that probably adds to the uses we find.

Wow really 4 or 5 of them now. That is quite few to have. Yes the sanding feature does work well tight areas.

I would say one of the best applications we have found is to cut caulk around windows when doing replacements. Quick and easy and so much better than a utility knife.

I too have used it for removing old chalking around doors windows and I have used it for removing old chalking around bath tubs too.

Greg

Doobie

I always thought of the OMT as kind of a toy. I finally got one and now have 4 or 5. we keep one in each trailer and one at the shop, one at home and one at the lake. It seems like we find additional uses for them all the time. I never used the sanding feature till recently but have found that works real well for a lot of things. We end up doing a lot of odd projects so that probably adds to the uses we find.

I hate to say this to an old Pro like yourself Kurt, but I discovered all that shortly after buying my 1st Fein Multimaster full kit nearly 20 years ago for nearly $500 at the time that I actually never used it for the original job I thought I needed it for no less.

It didn’t take me long to find all sorts of jobs that would take me mere seconds or a few minutes that otherwise would have been time consuming nightmares in time and effort had I not bought it.

Now I have 4 of them myself. My original, and a sister Fein corded bought once the patent was gone a lot cheaper about 8 years ago for $200, and two Bosch OMT’s 12V and 18V that I use now almost exclusively for most tasks.

The Fein/OMT sanding feature is OK with their Delta head. Go get the Mirka Delta sander instead even though it is corded. A lot faster for those nasty corner sands trying to get rid of old finish. With the Mirka Abranet pads, it flies! The Abranet lasts 10 times longer than the other paper backed pads also.

The Mirka Delta sander is also a nice sander for along narrow edges as well. Doesn’t tend to try to flow off the edge in using, if you know what I mean, like other sanders tend to want to do sometimes semi-ruining your effort in sanding an upright narrow edge if critical to not edge gouge the edge of your work/stock.

Not cheap for the Mirka stuff, but well worth it imo as a non-pro user.

Well after seeing JDO video of his place , and a shot of the router table , might be a toss up between the router table or the OMT , not sure

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well after seeing JDO video of his place , and a shot of the router table , might be a toss up between the router table or the OMT , not sure

What did you see in the Jim’s video that made you want the router table?🤷‍♂️

What kinda of router would you put in it if you got it?

Greg

What did you see in the Jim’s video that made you want the router table?🤷‍♂️

What kinda of router would you put in it if you got it?

He just went by it quickly , but I liked the size of it , and it looks solid ,

Actually not sure yet , I only have an old Bosch I think it’s a 1617 or something like that , it’s an old Bosch that I bought from the company decades ago when they were selling it off , I don’t think it would be a good one , maybe something smaller 🤷‍♂️ I don’t really use a table often ,
    It’s something I guess like the OMT , when you have it you are happy you do lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

but I liked the size of it , and it looks solid ,

Yes it is a decent size. You do know it is a available as Jim just it. That is a plus. I wonder how many points it is.

I don’t think it would be a good one , maybe something smaller I don’t really use a table often ,

That router should be alright for a router table. I don’t you want a smaller router in a router table. It is nice to have one that has variable speeds. Router tables are nice to have.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 548 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.327 seconds