dcsimg

What Are You Saving Up For? Version 19

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 548 total)
  • Author

Not sure what to save for this time. I have heard some great things about the 14 gal vac. I will have wait see. I could change my mind by then.

Well I’ll definitely give it a thumbs up , great vacuum so far ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Not sure what to save for this time. I have heard some great things about the 14 gal vac. I will have wait see. I could change my mind by then.

Yes this what I am hearing. I have a long ways to go to get the points for the vac. Maybe things will be different and there might be new tools add to the list when I get there.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Yes this what I am hearing. I have a long ways to go to get the points for the vac. Maybe things will be different and there might be new tools add to the list when I get there.

Yeah that would be great to see new items added to the list , it’s definitely been a while since we’ve seen any
    I was going through the list the other day , I didn’t recall seeing these 6.3 core batteries on the list before , but mind you , I haven’t looked at batteries for a very long time , I’ve been actually buying them on sale from a few places.

Yeah so I went back to check it out , looks like the link doesn’t work , so I assume like Bill mentioned , if that link is broke , probably not in stock , also like he said , lots of cordless tools not available by the looks 😢

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah that would be great to see new items added to the list , it’s definitely been a while since we’ve seen any
    I was going through the list the other day , I didn’t recall seeing these 6.3 core batteries on the list before , but mind you , I haven’t looked at batteries for a very long time , I’ve been actually buying them on sale from a few places.

I the last time items were add to the list was before Jim left. That would have been 3 or 4 years. I think the 6.3 core batteries were add then.

Yeah so I went back to check it out , looks like the link doesn’t work , so I assume like Bill mentioned , if that link is broke , probably not in stock , also like he said , lots of cordless tools not available by the looks

I checked the link on the all items I just requested. Not of the links were broken. So I am not sure what to think actually.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

if that link is broke ,

If the link in the list does not work it means the tool referenced has been superseded by a newer version of the tool. That is why none of the cordless tools work, they have all been superseded. There are some corded tools along with blades and drill bits.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

if that link is broke ,

If the link in the list does not work it means the tool referenced has been superseded by a newer version of the tool. That is why none of the cordless tools work, they have all been superseded. There are some corded tools along with blades and drill bits.

Thanks Bill ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That is why none of the cordless tools work, they have all been superseded.

I have found 3 links to cordless tools that work just find. I didn’t check them all.

Greg

I have found 3 links to cordless tools that work just find. I didn’t check them all.

I checked most of them , I can’t remember exactly the one’s , but I do remember that the 12 volt omt and corner drill are apparently available , or I should say links work

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I checked most of them , I can’t remember exactly the one’s , but I do remember that the 12 volt omt and corner drill are apparently available , or I should say links work

When did you check them?

I checked the tools I requested and all the links works. So my understanding is if the links work the tool is available. I have requested cordless and corded tools. I checked them just yesterday. I also checked back in February when I requested them.

So are these the tools you will saving for?

Greg

When did you check them?

I checked the tools I requested and all the links works. So my understanding is if the links work the tool is available. I have requested cordless and corded tools. I checked them just yesterday. I also checked back in February when I requested them.

I believe it was two days ago , I was just going through the list , and I was thinking about what to redeem for next time around ,
    But especially after what Bill mentioned about the tools being available , I decided to check out the list

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

When did you check them?

I believe it was two days ago , I was just going through the list , and I was thinking about what to redeem for next time around ,

But especially after what Bill mentioned about the tools being available , I decided to check out the list

Ok. So nothing should have changed since then. I thought maybe you were talking about it was when you redeemed for the 1/2 sheet sander.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I wouldn’t jump to conclusion just because the links do not work the tools are not available for redemption.

There are several things going on.

It’s safe to conclude that once Bosch retires a product, then that product will no longer be available, period, not available for purchase, and not available for redemption.

How would you know that? Several things:
    (1) Go to the rewards page and find the item, I will use an example, the table saw GTS1031. It’s there on the list, if you click on the product link it’s gone. But that alone may not be enough.
    (2) Go to the Boschtools.com web site, and search for GTS1031 and you will find that this product is no where to be found. In other words, they haven’t just moved the product link to elsewhere on the site.
    (3) Go to online stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Amazon, Ace etc…and look up the product, it is either “unavailable” or “out of stock” or “discontinued”.

So now you know 99% certainty it will not be available for redemption.

The links in the rewards page not working alone does not necessarily mean the product has been replaced/superseded. There are also plenty of cordless tools available for redemption.

For example, the circular saw CCS180B is available I think. The link works. I didn’t redeem it I just bought it from Lowes a few months ago because they had a special deal where I got the saw for $110 and they included a 4ah battery starter kit with a faster charger.

The GSA18V-083B saw is also available, as I know someone recently had redeemed and received it.

The multi-grip recip saw, GSA18V-125K14 if you click on the link it’s gone. But the saw is still being sold everywhere. I redeemed it last year in October, but I waited till February to ask them about it, and someone dropped the ball and thought they sent it. What really happened I think was that product has been discontinued, kind of, and replaced with a new one, GSA18V-125K14A, which is THE SAME SAW, they changed the 6.3ah battery to a 8ah battery. That’s all! After over five months of wait, they decided to send me the new version GSA18V-14A. Now I don’t know if he did that because they will send a “close enough” replacement when the tool you redeemed is not available, or whether he felt bad for the long wait and made an exception for me only? I guess it may be a case by case basis. But judging from the email exchanges, the person on the other side of the communication seems to be reasonable and can make these decisions on his/her own, doesn’t sound like there is multiple levels of approval needed.

Now if you click on a link on the rewards page, and the link goes no where to PAGE NOT FOUND, another thing that could happen is once in a while Bosch would relocate a page. In other words when they need to reorganize the web sites they may group the pages differently and move a page. The product is still there, they simply move the address. They will then update their index pages and reflect the new address. However, the rewards page will never be changed and has not been touched for a long while, so it still has the old address. In these cases you may get a page not found error but the product is actually still available.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:

I wouldn’t jump to conclusion just because the links do not work the tools are not available for redemption.

It wasn’t me who was jumping to conclusions. It was posted by someone else that they said if the link of tool was no longer working then the tool was no longer available. It was also said that all the cordless tools were no longer available on the Rewards List. Just corded tools were available on the Rewards List.

I had enough points to redeem both cordless and corded tools. I made this decision at the end of February with even trying the links. It was just a gamble it was just the tools I wanted to have. As stands right now I am not sure what to think as my points were removed on July 2 for this request. Since the points have been removed I have checked the links of the tools I requested. All links have worked. So I am now just waiting for my box to show.
    I decided to send a email the other day to see what has happened. I haven’t received a reply yet.

How would you know that? Several things:
    (1) Go to the rewards page and find the item, I will use an example, the table saw GTS1031. It’s there on the list, if you click on the product link it’s gone. But that alone may not be enough.
    (2) Go to the Boschtools.com web site, and search for GTS1031 and you will find that this product is no where to be found. In other words, they haven’t just moved the product link to elsewhere on the site.
    (3) Go to online stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Amazon, Ace etc…and look up the product, it is either “unavailable” or “out of stock” or “discontinued”.

So now you know 99% certainty it will not be available for redemption.

What your saying makes sense more sense.

Greg

I’m leaning towards the OMT , definitely would be great to have, especially for sanding in the corners 😭

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

especially for sanding in the corners

I have used my OMT for sanding in tight areas. Makes the job alot easier.

Greg

Yeah , I remember that when I had the older Bosch omt that I bought , I kinda regret selling it 🤷‍♂️ , it was just that I wasn’t using it to much

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah , I remember that when I had the older Bosch omt that I bought , I kinda regret selling it 🤷‍♂️ , it was just that I wasn’t using it to much

I don’t use might much. It is really nice to have when you need it.

Greg

I don’t use might much. It is really nice to have when you need it.

Yes it is

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Love my OMT. It doesn’t get used often, but sometimes it’s the only thing that will work in certain situations. I have never used the sanding attachments yet.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Love my OMT. It doesn’t get used often, but sometimes it’s the only thing that will work in certain situations. I have never used the sanding attachments yet.

Yes mine doesn’t get used often. Your right it is the only thing that will work for certain situations. I am surprised you haven’t used the sanding attachment yet.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 548 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.381 seconds