dcsimg

What Are You Saving Up For? Version 19

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am thinking about a 18v sander, but noticed there is none on the redemption list. Is a cordless sander something good to have? I have never used a cordless one, does it pull juice as bad as a grinder?

I am thinking about a 18v sander, but noticed there is none on the redemption list. Is a cordless sander something good to have? I have never used a cordless one, does it pull juice as bad as a grinder?

Cordless sanders don’t spin the pad like the grinder does a grinding wheel along with its weight so they don’t go through the battery at the same pace. They can be handy not being tied to a cord but dust collection is not as good as being connected to a dust extractor.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am thinking about a 18v sander,

They are convenient but if you have a big job you’ll need batteries to keep swapping out. Not as bad as a grinder but they go through batteries.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A cordless sander would be nice to have. Yeah there isn’t one on the Rewards List.
    I have never used a cordless sander either. I have thought about buying one. I really don’t need any more sanders. LOL!!
    I did hear the Rewards List was suppose to be updated. So maybe there would be chance 18V sander might it the list.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Spending points. I couldn’t find the other thread. Probably my weariness..lol.

Some OMT blades

12V drill and driver kit

18V recip saw

green beam laser

So, let’s see how long it takes to come in (if at all…lol), or how long it takes points to come off. Hey, I got time, it’s almost free stuff. Yeah, my time isn’t free, but the forum is great and I enjoy being part of it with a bunch of friends I have never met….yet…lol

I know it hasn’t been that long. Any word on your redemption? The way the boxes were coming in. I am wordering if people have been contact with you?

Greg

Yes unfortunately Bosch never came out with the cordless sander in NA , they definitely have them in Europe , they are supposed to get some on the market , probably going to be a while though ,

I bought a cordless Ryobi 5 inch orbital sander earlier this year , so far so good , I really like it , the 2.0 amp batteries gives me easy 1/2 runtime , I’ve never tried the 4.0 batteries on it , just because I’ve never needed to sand continuously for more than that , plus it was pretty inexpensive.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Miamicuse wrote:

Yes unfortunately Bosch never came out with the cordless sander in NA , they definitely have them in Europe , they are supposed to get some on the market , probably going to be a while though ,

This is something I didn’t know. I wondering why they came to NA sooner?

I bought a cordless Ryobi 5 inch orbital sander earlier this year , so far so good , I really like it , the 2.0 amp batteries gives me easy 1/2 runtime , I’ve never tried the 4.0 batteries on it , just because I’ve never needed to sand continuously for more than that , plus it was pretty inexpensive.

I have thought about buying a Ryobi sander. Just never pulled the trigger on it yet.
    Nice to hear you are happy with it.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Miamicuse wrote:

I just saw on Amazon.ca that you can get a 18V Bosch sander.

Greg

Miamicuse wrote:

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Bosch Professional Gss 18 V-10 Cordless Orbital Sander (Without Battery And Charger) – L-Boxx” type=”text/html” width=”770″ height=”550″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” style=”max-width:100%” src=”https://read.amazon.ca/kp/card?preview=inline&linkCode=kpd&ref_=k4w_oembed_i2rRKBIixBiOQd&asin=B01LXHOMR5&tag=kpembed-20″></iframe></figure&gt;

Yeah , apparently they are going to have a few more models coming out , that is one of the first ones. Cool little sander.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Any word on your redemption?

No word yet. My points have not been taken off either. I put the request in on Rememberance (Veterans) Day, so it should be easy to track the time it takes.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

I bought an 18V Makita sander last year, just for odd quickie jobs outside the shop. It works OK, but I haven’t used it enough to give any real guidance on battery life.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Miamicuse wrote:

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”Bosch Professional Gss 18 V-10 Cordless Orbital Sander (Without Battery And Charger) – L-Boxx” type=”text/html” width=”770″ height=”550″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” style=”max-width:100%” src=”</iframe></figure&gt” rel=”nofollow” target=”_blank”>https://read.amazon.ca/kp/card?preview=inline&linkCode=kpd&ref_=k4w_oembed_i2rRKBIixBiOQd&asin=B01LXHOMR5&tag=kpembed-20″></iframe></figure&gt;

Yeah , apparently they are going to have a few more models coming out , that is one of the first ones. Cool little sander.

Ok I that will be nice if they do. Yes it is a cool little sander.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Any word on your redemption?

No word yet. My points have not been taken off either. I put the request in on Rememberance (Veterans) Day, so it should be easy to track the time it takes.

Ok! Thanks for the update. That nice you have a easy way of tracking your request. I hope you hear something soon.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I bought an 18V Makita sander last year, just for odd quickie jobs outside the shop. It works OK, but I haven’t used it enough to give any real guidance on battery life.

Oh I forgot you got 18V Makita sander. Good to hear it works ok. I am sure the battery life is pretty good.
    I think I did checked this sander out before. I might have look at it again. One day I would like to get a cordless sander in the future.

Greg

What model is it , round 5 inch or 1/4 sheet
    They definitely are practical

Doobie

What model is it , round 5 inch or 1/4 sheet

They definitely are practical

It’s a five inch sander.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

i am saving up for another L-Boxx

Nice to hear from you Bob
    Can’t have enough storage boxes.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They always come in handy. Can never have enough storage.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I thought L-Boxx weren’t available anymore. I could be wrong. But I thought sometime ago someone had issue requesting a L-Boxx.

Nice too see you back.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 433 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.667 seconds