dcsimg

What Are You Saving Up For? Version 19

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Think I have five lasers now.

What do you like? What do you dislike? What should I look for? Is green light better than red? Is is worth going for one that shoots a longer distance? What accuracy should I look for over a certain distance?

Perhaps some other members could tune in on this too? Guys?

I have three smaller ones, two are cross-line lasers, one is a 5 point dot laser. They’re fine for indoor work. The brighter the sun is in a room with lots of windows, they tend to be hard to read once you get to 20 feet or more.

I have a tile setting laser, haven’t used it yet though.

My favorite is the 300 laser and kit on the prize list with grade rod and receiver. Good for outdoor work. It can shoot it’s beam in a narrow range versus being in full 360 mode which makes it pretty good to see outside up to 30 feet or so on a sunny day where you can avoid having to use the receiver for certain applications.

The one thing I’ve heard about green vs red is that the green eats batteries faster. But that’s the trade off for a more visible light

This is very true. A Bosch tech wrote such a few years in another thread. All of mine are red lasers, but I may just redeem for the green one on the prize list one day although I would prefer to have one that runs off my Bosch 12V batteries.

That’s the thing about most lasers up til now. Some lasers are pretty pricey and it would be a shame to forget to take the batteries out and having them leak and ruin them if it goes unused for a long period.

I don’t use most of my lasers often, except for my big rotary 300, but when I do, they can be time savers for doing certain things and also lend to doing superior work versus not having one.

All the small lasers have a standard female camera mount threaded hole, and if you have an easily vertically adjustable tripod, it makes deploying them a lot easier.

The big 300 rotary laser has a 5/8ths thread. So be careful if you aim your points at one of the three big rotary lasers on the prize list that you factor in that you might need to buy a tripod for it. Mine came with one, but Bosch makes a vertically adjustable one for about $200 that I might get one day myself, but having the non-adjustable has been fine so far for the most part for that type of laser because of the receiver and grade rod that came with it also. It also came with a wall mount bracket.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have a question regarding the Bosch table saw on the reward list.

4100 10” Worksite Table Saw 360,000
    4100-09 10” Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Stand 380,000

The link goes to never never land. I looked it up and it seems the 4100-09 has been discontinued. Does this mean this is no longer available for redemption? I know there is a 4100-10 out with some minor differences (not sure what), I wonder if anyone has tried to redeem for 4100-09 recently and was it denied or did they give you 4100-10 instead?

The link goes to never never land. I looked it up and it seems the 4100-09 has been discontinued. Does this mean this is no longer available for redemption? I know there is a 4100-10 out with some minor differences (not sure what), I wonder if anyone has tried to redeem for 4100-09 recently and was it denied or did they give you 4100-10 instead?

Yes that’s exactly what happened to me at the beginning of the year , I have the newer model , like it so far ,

Doobie

It is still available. They just simply send out the newer 4100-10. I redeemed and received one a couple of months ago. It’s just the link needs updating from the old one on the prize list. If you ask for it, just request the newer 4100-10.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thanks guys. Brian do you use the same with the gravity stand or on another stand. Do you bring it on a truck and off a truck a lot? Any regrets? Would you have gotten the smaller lighter one if you use it exclusively for ripping 2X lumber? I think sheet goods is not going to work with this unless there is a in out feed table do that still would be a task for a track saw.

Thanks guys. Brian do you use the same with the gravity stand or on another stand. Do you bring it on a truck and off a truck a lot? Any regrets? Would you have gotten the smaller lighter one if you use it exclusively for ripping 2X lumber? I think sheet goods is not going to work with this unless there is a in out feed table do that still would be a task for a track saw.

Your welcome ,
    I use to have a smaller table saw years ago , no stand , just use to use horses and a piece of plywood , as for the miter saw , I used to have a MasterCraft stand similar to the GTA3800 , I used to take that in my trailer or SUV plenty with no problems , these gravity rise stands are great , but I find definitely suitable more for contractor closed trailers , or a empty pick up truck either with the box on the bed or not ,
    I will be eventually buying the 18 volt cordless miter saw from bosch , and buying the GTA3800 for better mobility

As for the questions for an outfeed for the table saw , yes it most probably would make ripping sheet goods much easier once again I’ve used my horse for support when doing sheet goods on the table saw.

I was thinking about that smaller table saw and stand , it’s definitely easier looking to transport
    Apparently Charlie has it and thinks pretty highly of it.

@cmeyer25

He has a pretty cool set up he can use it in a big work bench in his shop , or easily remove it and take it to the job site and uses the portable Bosch folding stand for it.

Hopefully that’s usual for you.

The bosch 4100-09 or -10 can fit ok in my SUV , just taking most of the back ,

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I love the gts1031, it’s super portable (can transport easily on its side so I can fit all sorts of tools next to it in the back of my RAV4) and it’s got plenty of power for ripping.

Charlie

Instagram

Since I just purchased the Bosch 18v blower, I need a new item to save for. I believe it will be the PS60BN 12V Lithium-Ion Pocket Reciprocating Saw. It looks like a great tool.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I need a new item to save for. I believe it will be the PS60BN 12V Lithium-Ion Pocket Reciprocating Saw. It looks like a great tool.

I have one of those and it is a great tool. Very compact yet powerful enough to get the job done.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thanks for the info Bill. I thought I might hear from a Pro or 2 on their thoughts on the tool.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I love the gts1031, it’s super portable (can transport easily on its side so I can fit all sorts of tools next to it in the back of my RAV4) and it’s got plenty of power for ripping.

Thanks,

Do you use the GTA500 stand with it or your own saw platform. I know the 4100-09 or 10 has an integrated gravity rise stand and the saw and the stand together can collapse for storage. I think the stand and saw needs to be attached/detach after each use right?

Also I assume all the pieces on protruding the top surface of the GTA500 can be detached so when you store it sideways it can be as compact as possible? Are there places on the side of the saw for those detached pieces?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Since I just purchased the Bosch 18v blower, I need a new item to save for. I believe it will be the PS60BN 12V Lithium-Ion Pocket Reciprocating Saw. It looks like a great tool.

I have one of those as well. Really good for the smaller work or occasional use. I have used it a lot as a pruning saw. I just got one of the new 3.0 Ah batteries which will help a lot. The 2 Ah battery doesn’t have much life under steady working conditions.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I have one of those as well. Really good for the smaller work or occasional use. I have used it a lot as a pruning saw. I just got one of the new 3.0 Ah batteries which will help a lot. The 2 Ah battery doesn’t have much life under steady working conditions.

That does look like a great little saw , I’m curious to know what you think about the 3 amp battery Peter.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Now that I just got my worm drive saw, I’m not sure what to save up for…the dust extractor has always been on my list but it’s such a high point value item it’s hard to set my sights on it…I’m much more capable to saving for something like another FL12, lol. But maybe the cordless OMT.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Thanks,

Do you use the GTA500 stand with it or your own saw platform. I know the 4100-09 or 10 has an integrated gravity rise stand and the saw and the stand together can collapse for storage. I think the stand and saw needs to be attached/detach after each use right?

Also I assume all the pieces on protruding the top surface of the GTA500 can be detached so when you store it sideways it can be as compact as possible? Are there places on the side of the saw for those detached pieces?

Everything for the saw components can be stored securely on the saw’s outer body. Even the accessory left and rear extensions you can buy for it stay on the saw once installed.

The only add-on accessory that I haven’t actually tried to store on it but haven’t even unboxed yet to see if it does have an onboard storage home is the dust bag. Even if it doesn’t, it’s not an accessory I see using often anyways.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Thanks,

I do have that stand, but there aren’t any detachable pieces – all the hooks that hold the saw to the top of the stand are hinged so they either function doubly as the locking mechanism to hold the stand in the stored position or fold away out of the way when it’s folded flat. All the accessories for the table saw itself are housed in the saw (fence, push stick, miter gauge, cord, and blade wrenches) within the frame of the saw so nothing sticks out when all collapsed so it’s a really compact prism with handles all over to carry it by.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Now that I just got my worm drive saw, I’m not sure what to save up for…the dust extractor has always been on my list but it’s such a high point value item it’s hard to set my sights on it…I’m much more capable to saving for something like another FL12, lol. But maybe the cordless OMT.

The higher end dust extractors are really worth it imo. They’re just better all around. The only time I still use my old shopvac is for extracting dirt out of pier hole digs.

If you can hold off for the vacuum , I say go for it , I am very happy with the one I redeemed for .

After the wind storm we had
    I guess I’ll be saving up for a new roof LoL

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Everything for the saw components can be stored securely on the saw’s outer body. Even the accessory left and rear extensions you can buy for it stay on the saw once installed.

The only add-on accessory that I haven’t actually tried to store on it but haven’t even unboxed yet to see if it does have an onboard storage home is the dust bag. Even if it doesn’t, it’s not an accessory I see using often anyways.

I do have that stand, but there aren’t any detachable pieces – all the hooks that hold the saw to the top of the stand are hinged so they either function doubly as the locking mechanism to hold the stand in the stored position or fold away out of the way when it’s folded flat. All the accessories for the table saw itself are housed in the saw (fence, push stick, miter gauge, cord, and blade wrenches) within the frame of the saw so nothing sticks out when all collapsed so it’s a really compact prism with handles all over to carry it by.

Thanks guys, that’s what I need to know. Much appreciated.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.508 seconds